Page 135 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3109
    Extraordinary Member

Space Jam legacy. Shoulda been an hour and a half not 2. Really weird but the game and father/son themes were crazy cool.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Which ones your favorite? The older I get for me only Fellowship holds up. There's great stuff in Two Towers (my favorite back then) and even Return. Aside from some CGI Fellowship is kinda perfect but nothing beats READING TOLKIEN. What an artist when it comes to utilizing language, myths and history.
    I don't really have a particular favorite of the three individual chapters. I watch them with the notion that it is one really long story. Each one has things that annoy me but as a whole, it is just about the best adaptation anyone could have hoped to see.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Major Grom, Plague Doctor. Russian Comic Book movie on Netflix, and a good one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Space Jam legacy. Shoulda been an hour and a half not 2. Really weird but the game and father/son themes were crazy cool.
    Yeah while Cruella is still my top pleasant surprise theatrical blockbuster fare for the year so far (and maybe the whole year, I want to love stuff like Reminiscence and A Night in Soho though), but I Taz rolled through this fine and liked the Don Cheadle baddie.

And the Lebron James/Looney Tunes team's last minute secret weapon joke had my whole theater roaring.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Yeah while Cruella is still my top pleasant surprise theatrical blockbuster fare for the year so far (and maybe the whole year, I want to love stuff like Reminiscence and A Night in Soho though), but I Taz rolled through this fine and liked the Don Cheadle baddie.

And the Lebron James/Looney Tunes team's last minute secret weapon joke had my whole theater roaring.
    Yeah that gameplay was really intricate and well executed. Somebody needs to tap Don on the shoulder to play a super villain in another movie too.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I like the first one as much as the next one or Return of the king. My favorite is always the one I am currently watching. But I can see your point with part one. I also have the feeling that I gets better every time I see it.

I read Tolkien and wouldn't do it again. I just did it because everyone was telling me I have to read Tolkien before seeing the movies. I put up with the three books of his and finished them properly, but I found it boring and exhausting.

In this case the movies are better then the books. (personal opinion, very subjective)
    You are boring and exhausting

Escape Plan 2

The first one was a lot better, the prison was way better too, but I still found some enjoyment in this one. Not sure what it is about this series that keeps me coming back.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

LOL, but that was a short post! he didn't even do a single footnote, post script, addendum, or an edit.

I'm gonna blame Ernest Hemingway!

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Black Widow - great cast but overall was OK - 7 out of 10

A Quiet Place II - some thrilling bits but felt like an episode of a series rather than a standalone movie - 6 out of 10

Isle of Dogs - as usual a work of art by Wes Anderson - 8 out of 10

Astonishing Member

Did I hit you on a personal level because of a book/movie opinion?

I like the first one as much as the next one or Return of the king. My favorite is always the one I am currently watching. But I can see your point with part one. I also have the feeling that I gets better every time I see it.

I read Tolkien and wouldn't do it again. I just did it because everyone was telling me I have to read Tolkien before seeing the movies. I put up with the three books of his and finished them properly, but I found it boring and exhausting.

In this case the movies are better then the books. (personal opinion, very subjective)
    I find the extended Fellowship of the Ring and Return of the King are masterpieces, enriching and evolving the story in really beautiful ways... I don't watch the extended Two Towers. It feels like that had no scenes cut for time reasons, merely cut because they weren't very good (so putting them back in for an 'extended' felt false).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Did I hit you on a personal level because of a book/movie opinion?
    Sorry but... Tolkien. Read his Bio! He was amazing. Like Da Vinci or Beethoven only with words/language/compassion.

Astonishing Member

Sorry but... Tolkien. Read his Bio! He was amazing. Like Da Vinci or Beethoven only with words/language/compassion.
    I'll give you that. But even the best of the best (in any medium) cannot reach every Reader (listener, spectator whatever). I know that he is great, but I skipped a lot of pages. I wanted to read the whole saga and I did (minus lets say 50 pages). I felt it was heavy to read and it couldn't get me excited.

I'll give you that. But even the best of the best (in any medium) cannot reach every Reader (listener, spectator whatever). I know that he is great, but I skipped a lot of pages. I wanted to read the whole saga and I did (minus lets say 50 pages). I felt it was heavy to read and it couldn't get me excited.
    Agreed. I read him to relax. Exciting is different. Just appreciating him as a wordsmith here. The LotR trilogy is great as an adaption. Just prefer the novels. Same with Batman, GoT and Dune.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. I read him to relax. Exciting is different. Just appreciating him as a wordsmith here. The LotR trilogy is great as an adaption. Just prefer the novels. Same with Batman, GoT and Dune.
    So be it. Peace