Page 66 of 206 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wait, Bruce Willis is horrible in general? In what world?
    He's been known to be a jerk on sets, and he's phoned in performances for years.

Retired

I think UNBREAKABLE has one of the greatest acting performances by Bruce Willis. I also think he's pretty good in GLASS. Sure, in a lot of his movies he hasn't given a lot but for Shyamalan he gave what was needed. A lot of the acting is internal--so it's very subtle, but it's there in the small details of his performance.

"You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

Ferris Bueller's Day Off & Law Abiding Citizen, both on Netflix. I had never seen FBDO and my friend had never seen LAC. Good way to spend a Saturday night, IMO.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Little Miss Sunshine (2006)

Astonishing Member

Spenser Confidential: Love Mark Wahlberg, but this one was some kind of hard action thriller with jokes or whatever that was. Was okay, a lazy Sunday evening movie.

The Boy: Boring and predictable, until it wasn't anymore. Didn't see that twist coming.

Spenser - fun
    Knives Out - enjoyable most of the time
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Spenser Confidential: Love Mark Wahlberg, but this one was some kind of hard action thriller with jokes or whatever that was. Was okay, a lazy Sunday evening movie.

The Boy: Boring and predictable, until it wasn't anymore. Didn't see that twist coming.

Saw this too. And exactly, fun Netflix fair with big names.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Went and saw Call of the Wild over the weekend. It was a movie both me and my wife picked as a compromise. Turned out to be pretty good, much better than I had expected it to be based on the trailers. Its PG and PC, so there are no Native American elements like there are in the book, and the parts where Buck the dog gets beaten up and kills other dogs are non-existent. But the movie still gets the point of the book across even given those omissions.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Ophelia Primarily for Daisy Ridley. It wasn't the unwatchable carwreck I expected it to be. I wasn't tempted to stop watching it half way in, as is the case with so many films these day. Daisy is the best thing in the film, and her best performance is towards the last half hour. That being said, apart from being a fan of Daisy . I just wanted to see how the role compares with Rey and her acting skills in general. I read some snide remarks comparing Ophelia to Rey. They are not. Rey and Ophelia are two different characters. And Daisy plays them differently. The movies okay. I didn't like the way Hamlet was written. But it was a family mellow drama.

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker for the 17th time. Delightful!
    Last edited by Mia; 03-09-2020 at 02:51 PM.

That Spenser movie has absolutely nothing to do with its source material beyond the names. The trailer is atrocious.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    That Spenser movie has absolutely nothing to do with its source material beyond the names. The trailer is atrocious.
    But the movie was still fun.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The way back. Movie was ok but I thought Aflek was great in it. It's a movie you have seen 100x but they find ways to separate themselves from the similar films

Astonishing Member

The dead don't die

Greatest cast in a zombie movie ever....and they stunk up the place. It was so ridiculous and unfunny, boring piece of s**** I would have left the cinema.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The dead don't die

Greatest cast in a zombie movie ever....and they stunk up the place. It was so ridiculous and unfunny, boring piece of s**** I would have left the cinema.
    Jim Jarmusch