Page 28 of 208 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Spider-Man Homecoming. It was fun. not in my top MU movies but enjoyable. Much better than the last two "Amazing" Spider-Man films. But The original Spider-Man I and II are still tops for me.
    Loved Michael Keaton as the Vulture, and they did a very good job updating his flight suit through alien wreckage. It was interesting how they played around with the early Spider-Man characters. But another final battle at night, which always disappoints me in these movies.
    Yea saw the Godzilla trailer before Captain mmarvl today. Everything was at night and in the rain. Is this to make the CGI look better cause it's harder to see? Always wondered why they do stuff like this and make it dark. That said Mysterio looked amazing on the big screen in the Far from home trailer today. Marvels really killing these suits. Spidey looks amazing, Vulture was great and now Mysterio looks great. Cant wait for there people to get they're hands on some Xmen costumes

I started watching Hellboy (2004) last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea saw the Godzilla trailer before Captain mmarvl today. Everything was at night and in the rain. Is this to make the CGI look better cause it's harder to see? Always wondered why they do stuff like this and make it dark. That said Mysterio looked amazing on the big screen in the Far from home trailer today. Marvels really killing these suits. Spidey looks amazing, Vulture was great and now Mysterio looks great. Cant wait for there people to get they're hands on some Xmen costumes
    Is this a deliberate gag?

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    Is this a deliberate gag?
    Nope just typing to fast on my phone

Astonishing Member

Captain Marvel

Had some lenghts, but Brie was fantastic.

Again...a good one.

Jumaji. Great movie? No. Great fun? Yes!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Apropos of nothing in particular, but does anyone feel that there is a high trend toward period pieces in film these days? Not just movies that are set in the 16th-19th centuries as has always been the case, but I see a lot of films that are set in the 20th century as well now. Of the eleven movies I've seen in the theatre so far this year, only three take place in the modern day. Two are set in the 1950s, one in 1960, two in the early 1970s, one spans a period from 1970-1985, and one is set in the 1990s. Two of these movies are adaptations of novels that came out in the time they were set in pretty much, one is a biopic. What could be causing this heightened interest in making period pieces as opposed to telling stories that are set in the contemporary times??
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Apollo 11. Remarkable documentary about the moon mission using only NASA footage.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

If Beale Street Could Talk. Breathtaking love story adapted from a James Baldwin novel; worthy successor to director Barry Jenkins' Moonlight.

Peterloo. Historical drama on the 1819 Peterloo Massacre that saw a riot force violently break apart a protest for the right to vote for the common man. Despite some wonderful performances, it does get bogged down with overly lengthy orations and a lack of focus on a main protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    If Beale Street Could Talk. Breathtaking love story adapted from a James Baldwin novel; worthy successor to director Barry Jenkins' Moonlight.

Peterloo. Historical drama on the 1819 Peterloo Massacre that saw a riot force violently break apart a protest for the right to vote for the common man. Despite some wonderful performances, it does get bogged down with overly lengthy orations and a lack of focus on a main protagonist.
    That's the one with Regina King won an Oscar for?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That's the one with Regina King won an Oscar for?
    Yeah, and deservedly so. She's really strong in her supporting role.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Yeah, and deservedly so. She's really strong in her supporting role.
    Yea need to watch that when I get some time

Invincible Member

Enter The Dragon

Gonna watch triple frontier as soon as I get a chance. Never heard of it but the cast is crazy. Netflix Spending all the money.

Retired

AMERICAN PSYCHO (2000) directed by Mary Harron. I watched this thinking I've never seen it before, but afterwards I thought maybe I had seen it and I just didn't remember. It goes by very quickly and it's hard to remember what just happened.

THE BOURNE IDENTITY (2002) directed by Doug Liman. The big surprise for me was Franka Potente (from RUN LOLA, RUN), I didn't know she was in this movie. All the other actors were no surprise--in fact I thought Julia Stiles was going to be the love interest, but she's a nothing in this movie. Franka Potente held my attention throughout, from the first time she appeared and I was kept guessing what would happen to her. But I think if I watched the next Bourne movie, I would be disappointed. So maybe I should stop with this one, since it works well as a self-contained story.