Page 44 of 205 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Now that the movie is for home viewing - Avengers: Endgame
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Clash of the Titans. Had no idea untill rewatching this today that Mads, Luke Evans,Nicholaus Hault,The Hound from GOT were all in this. I like Worthington as an actor but I feel like hes better as a supporting actor. Everytime they tried to make him the star he comes off very boring and bland. Maybe hes going for Stoic but he has no charisma in these Starring roles. While the supporting cast in this is great imho.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-06-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Clash of the Titans. Had no idea untill rewatching this today that Mads, Luke Evans,Nicholaus Hault,The Hound from GOT were all in this. I like Worthington as an actor but I feel like hes better as a supporting actor. Everytime they tried to make him the star he comes off very boring and bland. Maybe hes going for Stoic but he has no charisma in these Starring roles. While the supporting cast in this is great imho.
    Not a good movie, but I enjoy it so much. I love it. I wish the CGI for the Kraken was better. Also, don't forget Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes as Zeus and Hades, respectively. I got the Blu-rays for both Clash and Wrath.

Recently watched: Chronicle. Wanted to watch it for a while now and finally got around to watching it yesterday.

Retired

As it happens, both versions of CLASH OF THE TITANS I saw in the theatres in German. The first one, with Harry Hamlin, in 1981 and the second one, with Sam Worthington, in 2010. I didn't really understand either movie, but it's strange that neither Hamlin nor Worthington got a big boost from playing Perseus (Pair-Zoys is how it sounds in German). But I guess Worthington gets all that AVATAR money--and Hamlin has done okay for himself on TV.

Recently I watched A STOLEN LIFE (1946), starring Bette Davis and Glenn Ford. The movie has Davis playing twin sisters and I was shocked by how well they filmed this. I didn't think that it was possible until recently with modern filming techniques that they could have an actor interact with herself in such realistic scenes--touching herself, crossing in front of herself--without it being too obvious as trick photography. Yet this one forces me to revise my opinion about what old movies could do. Sure there were other scenes where they used body doubles, but Bette acts with herself in impressive scenes that could have been from ORPHAN BLACK. A great acting performance.

I watched the "Untitled: The Bootleg Cut" version of Almost Famous from the Director's Edition DVD set.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

All on Netflix: American History X, Good Will Hunting, He's Just Not That Into You

Once upon a time in Hollywood.... um I liked alot about this movie but I dont know wtf the plot was. It was kinda just a day in the life of these two guys and then a ending that subverted expectations. I dont really see a plot. But the way they use a real life event to create this tension with even mundane things. And then subvert that and throw you for a loop was cool. And man I wish Brad Pitt and Decaprio did some more comedy from time to time. They both have great comedic timing. But again this movie felt like a experiment in making a movie that doesnt have a traditional plot. Like 1/2 way through the movie I told my girl I have no clue what this movie is about anymore or where its going.

Aquaman. Definately the most fun of any of the DCU movies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Today, I was going to go for a second time to see ONCE UPON A TIME . . ., for cheapskate Tuesday, but my plans were frustrated. Maybe next Tuesday. However, I did watch three Sharon Tate movies: VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (1967), directed by Mark Robson; THE WRECKING CREW (1968), directed by Phil Carlson; and THIRTEEN CHAIRS [aka 12 + 1] (1969), directed by Nicolas Gessner.

I've seen BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS before, but never VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. It's supposed to be campy, but I really didn't find it so. I guess, if you were in a theatre and everyone was laughing at certain scenes in the picture, then you'd see it as campy. But watching it on my own, I thought it was an okay movie and ambitious at trying to deal with certain issues. Harlan Ellison was the original screenwriter, but had his name removed when they changed the ending. Vancouver's own Barbara Parkins is particularly elegant in this--she has an Audrey Hepburn kind of charm and elocution. I think she could have been a major Hollywood star, if she wanted to be--but like her character in the movie, she got away from that kind of Holywood lifestyle--which was probably the best thing for her, when you consider what happened to Patty Duke and Sharon Tate.

I found THE WRECKING CREW much more campy--and actually embarassing for the first half of the movie. It's like a video version of PLAYBOY magazine (as it would have been in 1968)--it should probably be put in a plain brown wrapper. The Austin Powers movies borrowed heavily from elements of these Dean Martin-Matt Helm movies. THE WRECKING CREW only really becomes worthwhile when Sharon Tate's character emerges as the legitimate co-star of the movie. Then it's a buddy cop film and Tate is so much fun--in every scene--that she saves the picture from itself.

It's strange that her next (and sadly last) movie was THIRTEEN CHAIRS, because it's a low budget Italian co-production. Whereas, after having co-starred with Dean Martin, I'd expect her next step would have been to star in another Hollywood picture. But this film did allow her to get top billing and she plays a more rounded character--while still being a sex object, like in all her other pictures. However, as seen in ONCE UPON A TIME . . ., actors didn't know what career path to take in the late '60s--the old studio system had fallen apart and it was hard to predict where the industry was headed.

Extraordinary Member

Godzilla 2019-Waaayy too much human drama and story in this movie and an annoying teen actress had way too much screen time. Kinda felt like the monsters were background players in their own movie. Some great action scenes having to wait an hour in for them to start wasn't a good look. Kong was way better than both recent Godzilla movies imo. I hope they bring that sensibility to the Kong vs Godzilla movie if it happens. Let the monsters be the stars and film some fights in daylight for ffs.

Couldn't believe it. Netflix had the Wizard. Loved that movie as a kid. Basically makes you want to play video games

Highway, a Bollywood movie I saw parts of, and it kinda reminded me of the girl from Split when she told her backstory.
    I was busy so I couldn't see the rest of it on TV, so I might try to hunt down a DVD of it or wait for them to air it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Now that the movie is for home viewing - Avengers: Endgame
    I'm not the only one here who waited this long.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I finally got around to watching Wonder Woman, oof, glad I did. Oh, except for that machine gun scene where her legs are clearly ripped to pieces.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member

John Wick 3- a top tier action movie maybe a classic. This is how it's done not that shakycam,sped up choppy bullshit that passes for action these days. Props to the Director. Halle Berry and her dog are magnificent and Reeves moves more fluid in his 50s than he did in the Matrix(except when he runs)lol.