Page 50 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Downton Abbey Absolutely wonderful. Just a simple straight forward film, that shows not everything has to be cheap shocks. I'm thinking of seeing again.

Extraordinary Member

Doom 2019. Kinda slow to start but some decent action flick. I do believe they should start buffing these women up if they're going to be taking on multiple ppl bigger and stronger than them. That Russian chick from Kick-ass 2 somebody hire her for one of these movies.

Anna- an assassin flick by Luc Besson. Totally ridiculous mostly because of the same problem listed in Doom. But much,much worse. There was a scene where she takes out like 30 trained guys on her first mission it was just dumb. Like action heroes from the 90s didn't even do stuff like that.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-16-2019 at 07:10 PM.

I saw Terminator: Dark Fate today. It was pretty good. Clearly better than anything after T2: Judgement Day but not as good as the first two movies.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Stuber-Bautista and Nanjani doing their Rock,Kevin Hart thing but not quite as funny. The first 10min with Drax and Nebula made me wonder why they didn't just go with that. Entertaining tho good for some laughs.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Rock & Roll Nightmare. Trash until the final scene, which is so epic it redeems the movie.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Rock & Roll Nightmare. Trash until the final scene, which is so epic it redeems the movie.
    Are you Mike, Rich or Jay ��

I watched a bunch:

The Ritual
    Unbreakable
    It Follows
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Watched the season 3 of Stranger things. A show i never really liked all that much for being honest, mostly cause i can't stand the kids playing in it for the most part. (especially Mike, like man, haven't been that annoyed with a character since Ted from how i met...)

But the story line was cool in season 1 and 2.

And funnily enough it's all reversed in season 3 for me lol. I found the Russian story line to be utterly ridiculous but this time around it's focused mostly on Nancy and Steve, which is truly a HUUUUGE improvement.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Terminator: Dark Fate. Likable enough cast and Arnie has some good lines but very forgettable overall. I think the threat/villain was quite lacking. I'd argue the previous movie with Emilia Clarke was better.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Are you Mike, Rich or Jay ��
    Just an obsessed fan.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Just an obsessed fan.
    Same here. They cheer me up after a long day��

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

The Marx Brothers in Monkey Business (1931)

Invincible Member

Finally got around to watching American Psycho. While definitely a well made film, I found it more interesting than enjoyable, if that makes sense.

Doctor Sleep.

Its pretty good and it doesn't drag the same way the book does.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Retired

Watched NOELLE, which was supposed to come out in theatres last week but instead was switched to streaming by Disney. I wonder why they did that. Maybe they were scared off by going head to head with LAST CHRISTMAS.

I wanted to see it because it was made in Vancouver (partly) and an old friend of mine was the set decorator here. Also it was directed by Marc Lawrence, whose movies I like. It's one of those movies where if it just had a bit more holiday spice, it could become a Christmas tradition but it falls short of the mark.

Anna Kendrick threatens to sing several times in the movie, yet never quite gets there. But if she had been in a big musical production that would have given it the Christmas sparkle it needed.

I am interested in how movies show the North Pole. To me ELF captured the North Pole that was in my child's imagination. This one does a good job, but I didn't like some of the world building. I saw a headline that said this had a feminist agenda (or words to that effect) and that would never have occured to me from just the movie. I think people are looking too hard for political messages where they don't exist. It's just a sweet fantasy movie--not trying to be anything more than that. Sure, like every Christmas story, it's about understanding the real meaning of Christmas, but that goes all the way back to Dickens and maybe even further.