Page 23 of 208 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Finally got around to seeing Bohemian Rhapsody. Can echo the sentiments of kingaliencracker and Kirby; it's by the numbers, it takes liberties with history, but Rami Malek really shines as Freddie Mercury.
    Where would you rank it among musical Biopics? Straight out of compton still my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Where would you rank it among musical Biopics? Straight out of compton still my favorite.
    Haven't seen enough to be able to say. What's Love Got To Do is a long time ago, and the rest I've seen (that I remember) were mostly cheaper productions.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Haven't seen enough to be able to say. What's Love Got To Do is a long time ago, and the rest I've seen (that I remember) were mostly cheaper productions.
    Yea if we include the small screen and limited series ones I really love The Temptation movie and just recently The New Edition story was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea if we include the small screen and limited series ones I really love The Temptation movie and just recently The New Edition story was solid.
    I should check that out. I saw one clip on Youtube of BBD interrupting Bobby's performance and it looked pretty good!

I should check that out. I saw one clip on Youtube of BBD interrupting Bobby's performance and it looked pretty good!
    Its 3 episodes and it's on Hulu. I loved it and the cast do all of the singing. Even a small Boyz II Men cameo which I loved. Honestly I've I've watched all 3 episodes twice.

Hereditary on Netflix. A really creepy movie, where you're questioning what is actually happening until the very end. I would highly recommend it.

Back to the Future, also on Netflix. Netflix has the entire BttF trilogy. I watched the first one and then started watching the third one. I started the 1st one at around 5 am and started watching the 3rd one around 7 am, but I couldn't keep my eyes open. Went to sleep, but I think I will be re-starting the third one from the beginning. I love both the first part and the 3rd part.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Retired

When I was younger, my big brother would see a movie on TV and then tell me all about it, giving me the whole story and all the parts. It's actually my brother's recall of these movies that I love the most, more than the movies themselves. One of those was the TV movie DEADMAN'S CURVE (1978) the musical biopic of Jan & Dean, starring Richard Hatch (of ALL MY CHILDREN and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA) as Jan and Bruce Davison as Dean. I later saw the movie for myself and it's a great movie but not as great as my brother's recall of it.

Invincible Member

Sicario: Day of the Soldado Hmm...4 stars

The Incredibles 2 3 stars
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-19-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: i meant the sequel

Retired

Watched DEJA VU (2006) which seems like a precursor to SOURCE CODE (2011). But I would say that, while whacky, SOURCE CODE makes sense within its internal logic, where DEJA VU seems to eat its own tail and destroy the very premise it's trying to set up. I liken this to TWELVE MONKEYS vs. LOOPER--one works according to its own rules, the other falls apart according to its own rules. Yet I still enjoyed DEJA VU in spite of itself, maybe because the actors are so cool. And I hated LOOPER, even though I like the actors in that movie, too. Maybe this is because LOOPER is so pretentious, whereas DEJA VU never tries to pass itself off as anything more than an action thriller with a crazy twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Watched DEJA VU (2006) which seems like a precursor to SOURCE CODE (2011). But I would say that, while whacky, SOURCE CODE makes sense within its internal logic, where DEJA VU seems to eat its own tail and destroy the very premise it's trying to set up. I liken this to TWELVE MONKEYS vs. LOOPER--one works according to its own rules, the other falls apart according to its own rules. Yet I still enjoyed DEJA VU in spite of itself, maybe because the actors are so cool. And I hated LOOPER, even though I like the actors in that movie, too. Maybe this is because LOOPER is so pretentious, whereas DEJA VU never tries to pass itself off as anything more than an action thriller with a crazy twist.
    I love Deja Vu. Denzel Washington is always good in basically everything he does. Fell in love with Paula Patton with this movie. As a movie, I really liked what Deja Vu did. Sure, it's stupid as all Hell, but did not make the movie any less enjoyable.

I absolutely hated Looper. After watching the movie, I not only hated the movie but I also thought I would never watch another PoS movie by Rian Johnson again. Unfortunately, I conceded and watched The Last Jedi and realized Johnson is one of the worst directors working in Hollywood.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I love Deja Vu. Denzel Washington is always good in basically everything he does. Fell in love with Paula Patton with this movie. As a movie, I really liked what Deja Vu did. Sure, it's stupid as all Hell, but did not make the movie any less enjoyable.

I absolutely hated Looper. After watching the movie, I not only hated the movie but I also thought I would never watch another PoS movie by Rian Johnson again. Unfortunately, I conceded and watched The Last Jedi and realized Johnson is one of the worst directors working in Hollywood.
    Deja Vu is on a list of movies that Denzel raised beyond what they should have been. Deja Vu, out of time,John Q, Two Guns(Thought it was a dumb action flick but him and Whalberg had good comedic chemistry......

I saw The Wife and it was awesome. Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce are amazing as a married couple where the husband is the esteemed novelist who has had his entire career ghostwritten by his wife. The man is awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, and the couple is flown to Stockholm with their two adult children. And that's where more and more of a strain is placed on Close's character as Pryce's basks in the adulation he doesn't truly deserve. I have to give praise to Annie Starke and Harry Lloyd too, who portray the couple in flashback in their younger years. Solid performances as well, holding their own against Close and Pryce.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sicario: Day of the Soldado Hmm...4 stars

The Incredibles 3 stars
    What would you like them do for Sicario 3? Something new with the kid? Del Toro vs Brolin?

Deadpool 2 did not disappoint.

Bright disappointed a little
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

The Incredibles 3 stars
    How can The Incredibles be anything but 5 stars?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!