Page 39 of 204 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Venom - 6/10. Cheesy as cheddar, but shockingly good
    An incident in Ghostland - 4/10. Started well then sunk into mediocrity.
    Black Snake Moan - 9/10. Better than I imagined.
    Thoroughbreds - 8/10. One of my favourites.

Murder Mystery.

We thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
    After watching, I discovered critics hated it.
    What's wrong with people today?

While it's not an epic film shooting for an Academy Award, it also wasn't trash.
    I think it would've made an excellent pilot for a tv series. (And I would watch the show. Especially if it's a 'monster of the week' type show.)
    I give it 6.5 out of 10.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 06-18-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Mile 22

A relatively short movie, with just 91 minutes runtime, or so. But it goes fast and didnt waste a second of its time. Usually a movie like this runs about 110 - 120 minutes.

I dont think there will be a prequel, because the box office was bad ( 66 m or so), though it was planned as a triology. I wonder what happend, maybe it was the lack of commercials or something?

I think movies today are sometimes too long, its refreshing to see a movie with under 100 minutes runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Mile 22

A relatively short movie, with just 91 minutes runtime, or so. But it goes fast and didnt waste a second of its time. Usually a movie like this runs about 110 - 120 minutes.

I dont think there will be a prequel, because the box office was bad ( 66 m or so), though it was planned as a triology. I wonder what happend, maybe it was the lack of commercials or something?

I think movies today are sometimes too long, its refreshing to see a movie with under 100 minutes runtime.
    When I watched that movie I remember being confused by the ending. Because Dude was trained and working for the Russians. But it's his fault that the head Russians lady son got killed right? He gave them the Intel. So was it a triple cross where he played both sides or what?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Mile 22

It wasn't bad the fight scene in the hospital was pretty good. But Marky Mark was talking way too much and it's not a good idea to start a trilogy by wiping out the a team.

Retired

Is there a movie length at which you feel like you're being ripped off? Many years ago, I went to see THE PICK-UP ARTIST when it first came out in theatres--it starred Molly Ringwald and Robert Downey, Jr., supported by a cast of great acting talent--but the studio had cut that thing down to just 81 minutes. I could tell there had been a great movie there, but at its short running time there wasn't that much on offer. And paying to see an 81 minute movie when the same ticket could get you a two hour and forty minute movie, that did seem like a real rip-off.

I never did get to see JONAH HEX when it was out in theatres--it left before I had the chance--but that was also only 81 minutes. And I haven't seen the movie since--though it's reportedly awful--but I wonder what it was like before they cut it down to such a short length.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Murder Mystery.

While it's not an epic film shooting for an Academy Award, it also wasn't trash.
    I think it would've made an excellent pilot for a tv series. (And I would watch the show. Especially if it's a 'monster of the week' type show.)
    I give it 6.5 out of 10.
    I personally didn't like it too much. As far as funny Adam Sandler movies go, I have definitely seen funnier ones. I'd even say "Just Go With It" starring Sandler and Aniston is better than Murder Mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Is there a movie length at which you feel like you're being ripped off? Many years ago, I went to see THE PICK-UP ARTIST when it first came out in theatres--it starred Molly Ringwald and Robert Downey, Jr., supported by a cast of great acting talent--but the studio had cut that thing down to just 81 minutes. I could tell there had been a great movie there, but at its short running time there wasn't that much on offer. And paying to see an 81 minute movie when the same ticket could get you a two hour and forty minute movie, that did seem like a real rip-off.

I never did get to see JONAH HEX when it was out in theatres--it left before I had the chance--but that was also only 81 minutes. And I haven't seen the movie since--though it's reportedly awful--but I wonder what it was like before they cut it down to such a short length.
    I don't know if I ever felt ripped off, but sometimes I did feel a little empty if I felt a movie kind of ended. For instance, i thought "The Commuter" just kind of ended. It almost felt like there should have been more to it, but it just kind of felt hollow to me.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Retired

I guess there are also movies that overstay their welcome. You get a good ending, you're ready to leave the theatre, the movie has satisfied your interest--but then it keeps going and going and just won't leave on the high note.

Aquaman.

Love the actors, the movie is good but yet, not sure how to really explain it, but it doesn't really feel like an Aquaman movie to me.

I don't know, it's like watching a movie about a prince of Atlantis and his struggle to claim his throne, a very good movie, but it doesn't feel to me as if it's Aquaman.

Anyway, probably my favorite DC movie. (or Shazam maybe)

Moana. Spectacular animation.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Jason Momoa doesn't really fit my image of Aquaman (but then my image of Aquaman is Ramona Fradon's). Neither does Grant Gustin fit my image of Barry Allen or Stephen Amell fit my image of Oliver Queen. But I really don't mind that--because I'm okay with movies and TV shows being their own thing. Yet, as a movie, AQUAMAN is probably the most DC of all the movies I've seen. First you've got all the costumes that are comic book accurate--frickin' Black Manta's helmet and Ocean Master's mask moves with his facial expressions! Then you got all these deep cuts to DC lore. For gosh sakes, we got teased on Skartaris existing in this world! That triggered all my DC love.

Dark Phoniex. Its pretty good.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Murder Mystery.

I give it 6.5 out of 10.
    I used to think there were two types of Adam Sandler movies. One being those he does just so his usual gang of friends can go on vacation to somewhere exotic and the other where he actually uses his acting talent (PUNCH DRUNK LOVE and THE MEYEROWITZ STORIES). Now, after watching MURDER MYSTERY, its seems there's a middle ground, which is a hybrid of the two types.

In this one Sandler is on a European vacation--which probably made it attractive to him as a chance to see the sights and enjoy the food--but he's not with his usual gang of idiots--no Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, Rob Schneider to be seen. And Sandler is acting, not really playing the same old tropes. It never got as good as those quality movies he's done, but it was enjoyable. Jennifer Aniston might have been the weakest part--only because I found it hard to believe her as married to Sandler and working in a beauty salon--yet Drew Barrymore in that role could have made me believe her, I think.

I can see them doing a whole series of these MURDER MYSTERY movies, with Sandler and Aniston as the new Nick and Nora.

Always Be My Maybe on Netflix. I think I really like romantic comedies, because I had a great time with this movie. It was done really well and the two leads were so awkward and great together. Definitely recommend it.

I bought a bunch of Blu-rays recently, so last night I watched two recent purchases: Tombstone and Hollow Man.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Ultimate Member

Some obscure comic book movie...Superhero Lady and Space People. I'm sure the studio lost a lot of money because of all the extreme left wing politics like the US military is cool. Also the extreme man hating feminism like when the main character became friends with an older male. I'm sure this movie made no money.

More seriously, I thought it was ok. Two and a half stars.