Page 199 of 208 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3113

Better than I remembered it being the first time I watched this.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^^
    I agree this is an underrated gem.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I watched The Girl on the Mountain last night.

It was mediocre overall. Nothing particularly wrong with it but it doesn't really lend itself to ever being watched again.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I saw The Beekeeper (2024) today.

It's pretty much you'd expect from a Jason Statham action flick. Ultra violent with plenty of people killed in a variety of some pretty inventive methods. But you know what? I loved this movie. This was so much fun to watch that I'm already hoping for a sequel.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Tale of Zatoichi. First blind swordsman movie. Only 26 to go.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Watched The Beekeeper and certainly hope it gets a sequel. It was more "fun", if you can use that word here, than Wrath of Man, Jason Statham's previous solo revenge action movie.
    Last edited by Wildling; 02-10-2024 at 06:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Agree on Beekeeper, I'm ready for that sequel. I'd like to see him stay retired but use his contacts(and expand that sources role perhaps) in any potential sequel.
    It held at the Box Office again in its fifth weekend. It was #3 last weekend and maintained the #3 spot for this past weekend to be at just shy $55m on a $34m budget per Google. Globally its over $130m.

Statham has been The Transporter and The Mechanic and now he is The Beekeeper.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

The Marvels

Worst Marvel movie. But I had fun in some places. I love cats, so the Flarken were pretty funny. Most of the times I just wanted to leave the room, especially in the singing scenes. CGI was good, Marvel is really the gold standard.

Flash

Yep, still enjoyed it immensely. And noticed a couple of nuances that I missed the first time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Cherry

Amazing perfomance of Tom Holland. I am not into drug addiction movies, so this one wasn't for me.

The Legend of Hercules (2014):

Combat scenes are so packed with slow motion per attack I thought I'm looking at a main menu screen for Batman: Arkham Origins, and the lip sync is off too much it looks like poor dubbing of a foreign film.
    It's not too bad though, I had some fun watching it.

Rocky (1976):

One could argue this is the best of the Rocky Baboa series, and it is great, but I may think Rocky Balboa is somewhat better. I'll see how my thoughts change later.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Invincible Member

The Postman Always Rings Twice ( 1946 ) starring Lana Tuner, John Garfield, and Cecil Kellaway. Classic film noir about a drifter who meets and has an affair with the young wife of a diner owner. The couple makes plans to kill the husband and things go from bad to worse for everyone involved. Great mood and atmosphere and Turner steals show.

The only thing I didn't get was...spoilers:
    the original plan which failed was for Turner to hit the husband in the head and climb out the bathroom window and tell the authorities that he slipped in the bathtub. If it had gone as planned, what would have been the point in her climbing out the window?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    The Legend of Hercules (2014):

Combat scenes are so packed with slow motion per attack I thought I'm looking at a main menu screen for Batman: Arkham Origins, and the lip sync is off too much it looks like poor dubbing of a foreign film.
    It's not too bad though, I had some fun watching it.

Rocky (1976):

One could argue this is the best of the Rocky Baboa series, and it is great, but I may think Rocky Balboa is somewhat better. I'll see how my thoughts change later.
    Most people argue about which one is the better movie, Part 1 or 2? I am camp Part 2, but Rocky 6 is also great.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Conan the Barbarian (1982)
    Conan the Destroyer (1984)
    Conan the Barbarian (2011)
    Kull the Conqueror (1997)
    Solomon Kane (2009)

Took me a week to finish the Howard Cinematic Universe so to speak. Haven't watched them for a few years and can only recommend one of them but enjoyed them all nonetheless. Did I miss any?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Conan the Barbarian (1982)
    Conan the Destroyer (1984)
    Conan the Barbarian (2011)
    Kull the Conqueror (1997)
    Solomon Kane (2009)

Took me a week to finish the Howard Cinematic Universe so to speak. Haven't watched them for a few years and can only recommend one of them but enjoyed them all nonetheless. Did I miss any?
    If you want to put it in, then Red Sonja. I know Red Sonja is the Marvel Version of Robert E. Howards Red Sonia, but what the hell...

And there was a TV Series with Ralph Möller as Conan.