Page 188 of 208 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3117

I saw The Equalizer 3 today. It was fine. Nothing great but the scenes Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning had were pretty cool. But I think this ends up being one of those movies you see once and you never have to watch it again.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The Excorcist. Still holds up.
    I only recently watched THE EXORCIST for the first time. I was in high school when it came out in theatres, in the 1970s, and what I heard about it had me scared to ever see it. Which I guess is why I never did. When I finally saw it, it was one of the most frightening movies I've ever seen. And it's not just the visual horror, it's the psychological horror. We get to know the characters and their personal traumas, so we're scared for them.

But I don't imagine myself ever watching any of the sequels. I think that would just cheapen the original movie.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I only recently watched THE EXORCIST for the first time. I was in high school when it came out in theatres, in the 1970s, and what I heard about it had me scared to ever see it. Which I guess is why I never did. When I finally saw it, it was one of the most frightening movies I've ever seen. And it's not just the visual horror, it's the psychological horror. We get to know the characters and their personal traumas, so we're scared for them.

But I don't imagine myself ever watching any of the sequels. I think that would just cheapen the original movie.
    I wouldn't bother with the second film, at least. It's considered one of the worst movies ever made.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the second film, at least. It's considered one of the worst movies ever made.
    True, but Highlander 2 held that beer for awhile also.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Retired

Not a movie, but a T.V. episode directed by Alfred Hitchcock, for ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS, season 7, episode 2, "Bang! You're Dead"; original air date October 17th, 1961.

I began watching this series when I was doing my rewatch of every Hitchcock movie. Hitch only directs a few episodes each season, but those episodes always stand out. This was maybe the most controversial episode in the series. I vaguely remember it from yesteryear, although I didn't know it was a Hitchcock then.

I can just imagine the angst it must have created for every parent watching in '61. It concerns a little boy who gets hold of a real gun and bullets and then carries it around with him. Hitch creates more suspense in a half hour drama than some directors have in a three hour movie.

Curiously, the little boy is played by Billy Mumy, who would be Will Robinson on LOST IN SPACE and, as it happens, Marta Kristen is also in the cast--she would be Will's sister, Judy, on LOST IN SPACE.

Suicide Squad (2016) Extended Cut - This cut adds some 13 minutes, mostly spent building the relationship between Flagg and Deadshot and adding more framing for the characters in general. Admittedly I was already a fan of the movie and enjoy it way more than the Gunn Suicide Squad movie. But I had not seen the extended cut and it had been a while since seeing this movie, period. So for me it was nice to see the plot and characters getting a little more development. I'd argue that the Extended Cut invests the viewer much more into the relationship between June Moon and Colonel Flagg, making the ending more poignant. It doesn't change the movie enough to make someone who hated it love it, though.

Things I like about this movie:

-Better depiction of Waller's schemes
    -Deadshot, Harley, Killer Croc, Waller, Guard #1 and Flagg are fun characters
    -Batman/Bruce Wayne cameos (dammit I am going to miss Batfleck)
    -Homages to Ostrander
    -Joker and Harley. Pretty solid and well depicted, dysfunctional relationship of theirs
    -The soundtrack. Borrowed a page from Marvel, here, and it worked super well.

Not so good:

-Joker. Even though I liked the Joker/Harley stuff in general, Leto is weird, man. And his Joker is too pointlessly weird and cartooney.
    -Joker and Harley. Although it was mostly good, it also distracted from the main plot too much.
    -Enchantress. I love June Moone and this was a travesty of a depiction of her.
    -Captain Boomerang. Oy vey. Whatever was the point of that?
    -Generic villains and generic plot to end the world
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-16-2023 at 09:49 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Equalizer 3---Needed more Dana Owens. Meh...

Good Time - Better than Uncut Gems, well at least I liked it more. Pattinson is better than Sandler obviously and that other shifty drug dealer guy was great too. Hell, everyone in this movie was great. Story was "smart" and made the ridiculous moments seem realistic

Fan - The plot for this movie sold me immediately. It's about a fan/stalker who is obsessed with a movie star who looks exactly like him. Both roles are played by the same guy ShahRukh Khan. This movie is ok to fairly entertaining but I have to say that the intense acting by ShahRukh Khan is some of the best I've ever seen. It's up there with Tom Hardy in Legend. This is also the first Indian movie I've watched, but I have a feeling most of them aren't like this lol

Khufiya (2023)

A tense spy thriller based off a real incident in 2004. An Indian spy agency investigates one of their own on the suspicion of selling state secrets.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-10-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The Shining. I've seen it already, though. Boy the soundtrack is amazing. Sooo creepy. I know most people don't think of it when they think of this movie but it was genius, the chanting near the end was especially creepy.

I watched V for Vendetta again. It's on Prime so I sat down and watched it. Still love it.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

When Marnie Was There. Don't know why I never saw this Ghibli movie, but it was beautifully done, sad and sweet.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

I've been watching the series I CLAVDIVS, which I first saw on public television in the 1970s. To be funny, my brother and I called it "I CLAVDIVS" because that's how the title appeared on the screen. In our house, we always liked to butcher the names of T.V. shows (STAR TREK was STIR TRUCK). The series has some actors in it that I didn't know at the time--including Patrick Stewart, John Rhys-Davies and John Hurt.

The disc set I got from the library includes an extra feature--THE GREATEST EPIC NEVER MADE (1965)--a documentary film, hosted by the distinguished Dirk Bogarde, about the unfinished 1937 version of I, CLAUDIUS that was produced by Alexander Korda, directed by Josef von Sternberg and that starred Charles Laughton and Merle Oberon. The production was shelved when Queenie was thrown through a windscreen in a car accident.

The doc has quite a few scenes from the uncompleted movie and I think, if this film had been released--whether it was good or bad--it would have been a remarkable picture.

Extraordinary Member

Reptile-Excelente...a milfy Alicia Silverstone is a plus.

I watched The Burial on Prime Video last night. Decent movie, if pretty much a run of the mill storyline.