Page 124 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3085
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Chronologically as they were released, or actual time. As in First Avenger, Captain Marvel, Iron Man....
    Actual time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Someone actually liked the fantasy island movie? Did you ever see the tv show?
    Yes, I did.

Devil in a blue dress (1995).

A fun film noir, shame it wasn't more successful. Don Cheadle steals the show, Marvel is wasting that man.

Retired

DAS LEBEN DER ANDEREN (2006)--in English this was released as THE LIVES OF OTHERS, but I think that's a slight mistranslation and it should really be "The Life of Others" as "das Leben" is singular not plural. Written and directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck.

A friend of mine recommended this to me. It won all kinds of awards back when it came out (including the Oscar for Best Foreign Film). In short, it's about the Stasi in East Germany before the fall of the Berlin Wall and how they interfered in the lives of regular people, causing tragic losses. It's incredibly sad, but powerfully inspiring.

Rewatching "One Night in Miami". It's great how they made 4 dudes just talking in a room compelling.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Devil in a blue dress (1995).

A fun film noir, shame it wasn't more successful. Don Cheadle steals the show, Marvel is wasting that man.
    In my head the movie takes place in the same cinematic universe as L.A. Confidential, Black Dahlia and Chinatown.

Astonishing Member

Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Incredible Hulk

And...The Gentlemen. Surprise, what a good movie. And wow, you can confuse Charlie Hunnam with Travis Fimmel, they both look similar.

Astonishing Member

Thor

Can someone please explain which Stone happened to be on Asgard. The one the Destroyer guarded and the one that came from frost giants? I am missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Thor

Can someone please explain which Stone happened to be on Asgard. The one the Destroyer guarded and the one that came from frost giants? I am missing something here.
    As far as I can tell, there were no infinity stones in the first Thor movie. The Destroyer was guarding the casket, which was a weapon that caused intense freezing used by the frost giants. Captain America: The First Avenger technically showed the first infinity stone, which was the space stone.

Recently watched: 1917.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I watched two TV documentaries between yesterday and today.

One was the A&E Biography episode on wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin.

The other was the Patrice O'Neal: Killing Is Easy film that I saw on Comedy Central.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Arfguy;5506500]As far as I can tell, there were no infinity stones in the first Thor movie. The Destroyer was guarding the casket, which was a weapon that caused intense freezing used by the frost giants. Captain America: The First Avenger technically showed the first infinity stone, which was the space stone.

Thanks for your input. I thought I read somewhere that Odin had two Infinity Stones, and hid the Cosmic Cube/Space Stone on Earth, because he feared two stones at the same place would be too dangerous to have. That implies that there is another stone on Asgard. Maybe it will clear things up, next in line in my rewatch is Iron Man 3 then Thor 2.

Good to see the movies again, I like them better then the first time. When I see a Marvel movie for the first time I get too excited to really enjoy it and see everything, like I am a kid again, lol.

Recently watched Avengers again. Still the best of the Marvel movies, but maybe I change my mind on the way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I watched two TV documentaries between yesterday and today.

One was the A&E Biography episode on wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin.

The other was the Patrice O'Neal: Killing Is Easy film that I saw on Comedy Central.

I am a big Stone Cold fan, so I would like to know if the biography is worth a watch for someone who knows almost anything about him and wrestling in general. What would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I am a big Stone Cold fan, so I would like to know if the biography is worth a watch for someone who knows almost anything about him and wrestling in general. What would you say?
    I thought it was pretty good. I asked a friend of mine who is big into wrestling and he thought it was good too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I thought it was pretty good. I asked a friend of mine who is big into wrestling and he thought it was good too.
    Sounds good, I will take a look. Thx

You're Next
    Cast Away
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/