Page 126 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3051

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Killdozer: An ABC telemovie from 1974 starring Clint Walker and Carl Betz about six oil company roughnecks on an isolated island terrorized by a huge bulldozer that gained murderous sentience after coming in contact with a meteorite. A cheesy film (based on a Theodore Sturgeon novella) to be sure, but it was a fun watch.
    Yo, what service is that on? When I fire up the streaming box I head to Tubi first 95% of the time in the hopes they gets some new old stuff. I've never seen Killdozer.

I assume this thread for recently COMPLETED seen movies. I rarely get through things in one sitting but I got through 3/4's of Airport '77. The effects of when the plane crashes and people go flying through and try to survive the thing sinking are fantastic. Come to find out they made a few of these Airport movies semi-annual like iPhones back in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Tenet. A straight forward Bond-like story told in a complex way. But mainly putting something on film never seen before.
    spoilers:
    showingt time moving both forward and backward in the same scene, with characters interacting going forward and reverse
    end of spoilers
    Yea it must have just hit HBO, I thought it was dope. Gonna have to sit through it a time again and I'm usually meh+ on Nolan in general but I liked this one a little more than a couple others.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Tenet? I can't bring myself to watch it, after everyone who saw it told me its utterly confusing and they switched off at some point in the movie. I will see it eventually

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Tenet? I can't bring myself to watch it, after everyone who saw it told me its utterly confusing and they switched off at some point in the movie. I will see it eventually
    Well, if people want movies where they don't need to think. Then no, they should not watch. But if you like his other smart movies, Inception, Interstellar and Dunkirk. It deserves to be seen. Actually it is a movie that should be watched twice.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

I could understand TENET perfectly well and I only watched it once. But maybe that's because I knew something about it going in. It's not because it's toooo intelligent that I was indifferent toward it. When you get past all the smoke and mirrors it's a Bond film--except the hero is too enigmatic to have the charm of Bond, the Bond girl is just supposed to be attractive for no reason than that's what the movie says she is, and the Bond villain is a Bond villain of the most obvious sort. Frankly, instead of being cagey about its mystery box, I think the movie should have opened that up right at the beginning for everyone to see so the whole audience could look inside and know where the movie was headed. Instead, the movie spent too much time hiding the mystery box rather doing other things in the open like showing us exactly who these people are and what they really care about and why we should care about them.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

King Kong: Skull Island

Monster movies still freak me out. Though... I still keep on watching them.

Iron Man 3
    Thor 2
    Winter Soldier

I will never watch IM 3 again. Its easily the worst Marvel Movie.
    There are so many things about IM3 that was really great, but ultimately it is one of the most disappointing MCU movies for me. A big part of that was the Mandarin reveal.

Recent watch: Liar, Liar & Urban Legend
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

The Unholy. I really liked it in general but was pleasantly surprised to see it's based on a James Herbert book. I used to love some of his stuff as a kid.

Retired

WAR OF THE WORLDS (1953), produced by George Pal, directed by Byron Haskin, starring Gene Barry, Ann Robinson and Les Tremayne, based on the novel by H. G. Wells.

I know that I've seen this movie before, long ago, but I'd forgotten most of it. This is no B movie invasion flick from the 1950s. This is ground breaking, big budget movie making. A masterpiece of cinematic achievement.

I was simply stunned by its awesomeness. A real thriller, it gave me chills. The ambition of everyone involved in making the picture is impressive.

I imagine that this is the movie that really made an impact on audiences at the time. What every other alien invasion movie after it was trying to be, but just didn't have the budget or the expertise to pull off.

The design of the creature, that we briefly see in the movie, is genius. Because while it is a frightening character it also made me feel sorry for the guy. Despite all the destruction and death that the Martians are doing, I pity them.

There is just so much in this movie to look at and enjoy. The scenes of Gene Barry running through the desolate streets of Los Angeles are compelling. Just the fact that you have one of the greatest narrators and voice actors of all time--Paul Frees--appearing on screen to give his report, a la Orson Welles, made me flip out--I've heard this guy so often, but never seen him.

What's interesting--and I guess this comes from George Pal rather than H.G. Wells--is that there just as much religion as there is science in the movie, best expressed through Sylvia. Ann Robinson's character is a religious woman with a scientific mind. These two perspectives never clash in the movie--they go hand in hand. When Sylvia says the world was created in six days, the other scientists don't scoff at her assertion and accept it as a statement of fact.

The Mask of Zorro.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The Departed. saw it for the first time again since many years. What can I say? Excellent movie. DiCaprio, Damon, Wahlberg, Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, absolutely stellar cast in an adaptation of Infernal Affairs. Gripping from the very start until the climactic end.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    The Departed. saw it for the first time again since many years. What can I say? Excellent movie. DiCaprio, Damon, Wahlberg, Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, absolutely stellar cast in an adaptation of Infernal Affairs. Gripping from the very start until the climactic end.
    All this and the Dropkick Murphy's, too.

Astonishing Member

True Romance(1993) - First time watch.

This was such a blast, and Tarratino’s dialogue is great as always, and Tony Scott’s direction is flawless.

I found out that the late, great, James Gandolfini(who played Tony Soprano on The Sopranos) was in it, and I was such a joy seeing more of his work outside that show, and man is he intimidating as hell here. This movie has one heckuva of a star studded cas: . Samuel L Jackson, Gary Oldman(who plays pretty much a ‘wigger’), Brad Pitt and Christopher Walken, and Dennis Hopper and they’re all great in this. Not a single weak link in this cast.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-09-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    True Romance(1993) - First time watch.

This was such a blast, and Tarratino’s dialogue is great as always, and Tony Scott’s direction is flawless.

I found out that the late, great, James Gandolfini(who played Tony Soprano on The Sopranos) was in it, and I was such a joy seeing more of his work outside that show, and man is he intimidating as hell here. This movie has one heckuva of a star studded cas: . Samuel L Jackson, Gary Oldman(who plays pretty much a ‘wigger’), Brad Pitt and Christopher Walken, and Dennis Hopper and they’re all great in this. Not a single weak link in this cast.
    My understanding is that the original script was structured very differently. A lot of it was told in non-liner flashbacks and had a different ending. It was Tony Scott that who kept most of the dialogue but arranged it in chronological order then added the happy ending.

Astonishing Member

Finally I watched Tenet....and fall asleep after aprox. 1:30. Woke up 10 minutes before the end. I can't bring myself to watch it again, I thought it was kind of boring even if the story was something to think about.

Shin Godzilla: What an eerie looking Godzilla that was (at the start, before he transformed slowly) Too much politics and talking heads of Japanese politicians (that was more the point of the movie than Godzilla himself) I hated how Godzilla looked in this one.

Finally I watched Tenet....and fall asleep after aprox. 1:30. Woke up 10 minutes before the end. I can't bring myself to watch it again, I thought it was kind of boring even if the story was something to think about.

Shin Godzilla: What an eerie looking Godzilla that was (at the start, before he transformed slowly) Too much politics and talking heads of Japanese politicians (that was more the point of the movie than Godzilla himself) I hated how Godzilla looked in this one.
    Wow we disagree. I will watch Tenet again and thought it amazing. And Shin G is my favorite Godzilla movie because of the politics.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!