Page 33 of 206 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

An affair to die for with Claire Forlani-possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

The head hunter another pretty bad one. You would think with a title like this you would actually show a guy hunting or fighting-some action scenes-Nope.
    Just a guy pouring slime and piss into big ass jars and riding away from his home when he hears a horn blowing. Then he comes back and throws some monster heads on the floor. There's a twist ending but whatever.... I'm starting to lose faith in dtv movies.

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark.
    Still cracks me up. Love her.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Highwaymen (Netflix)
    Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson as Texas Rangers who come out of retirement to track down Bonnie and Clyde. Pretty darn good.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Highwaymen (Netflix)
    Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson as Texas Rangers who come out of retirement to track down Bonnie and Clyde. Pretty darn good.
    Yes it was. I liked how they countered the myth of Bonnie & Clyde and portrayed them for the ruthless killers they were.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Fake (1953)

The Mystery of the 13th Guest (1943)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes it was. I liked how they countered the myth of Bonnie & Clyde and portrayed them for the ruthless killers they were.
    Yeah, and the ambush scene at the end was as brutal as I've seen in a movie in quite some time. Netflix stepped up big time with this production.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Act of Violence (1949)

BANNED

Re-watched Avengers: Infinity War to get ready for the up coming 2nd half. I found that I actually enjoyed it more, it really, really worked as an ensemble piece. Further I have to say that I liked Thanos. It was brilliant choice to make him someone who was conflicted. He wasn't just some power hungry Napoleon who just wanted to grab power/land and damn the consequences. There was a heavy weight to him that said he did not want to do what he had to do. But he had to save the universe. A little nuance goes a long way.

Next Gen on Netflix. Pretty good animation feature. It's not Pixar or Big Hero 6, but well done and enjoyable.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Seems like I'm the only one here that went to see SHAZAM! Strange.

Watched LIFE ITSELF (2018), but I couldn't get English subtitles for the Spanish part so I skipped through that (I can understand a little Spanish, but I couldn't figure out what that part was all about--is Antonio Banderas a bad guy?). Apparently this got mixed reviews when it came out, with some people really hating it. But I liked some of it on the level of literary analysis in terms of narration and point of view, as well as for the thoughts about Bob Dylan. Sometimes a movie just exists to push your mind to other thoughts. And this movie did that for me. Also Olivia Wilde is incredibly beautiful--if I was a camera I would spend all my time on her face.

Captain Marvel. Glad I saw it before End Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Seems like I'm the only one here that went to see SHAZAM! Strange.

Watched LIFE ITSELF (2018), but I couldn't get English subtitles for the Spanish part so I skipped through that (I can understand a little Spanish, but I couldn't figure out what that part was all about--is Antonio Banderas a bad guy?). Apparently this got mixed reviews when it came out, with some people really hating it. But I liked some of it on the level of literary analysis in terms of narration and point of view, as well as for the thoughts about Bob Dylan. Sometimes a movie just exists to push your mind to other thoughts. And this movie did that for me. Also Olivia Wilde is incredibly beautiful--if I was a camera I would spend all my time on her face.
    Naw most people just posted that in the Shazam Thread. Think most of us saw it

Astonishing Member

Ant-Man and the Wasp: had some good ideas, though i felt a bit bored by the whole thing. It wasnt bad, though.

Venom: I had no expectations for it. I thought it would be a typical "host, possession" movie with some horror elements, but was surprised by the amount of fun i had with it. It was funny and didnt waste a minute. The pacing was fast, and Venom looked great. Ok, its no Spider-Man comic Venom, but i can live with that. Great movie.

The first Astronaut at the start of the movie must be JJJ´s son...

Extraordinary Member

Hereditary: I love horrors, but it sucked.

Us: One of my favourite movies of the year

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah, i forgot Hereditary.

I just couldnt look at the ugly girl who died. I mean her death was great but i was glad that she was gone. Not my favorite horror movie.