Page 131 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3033
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Finished the whole Resident Evil film series. I don't know how I got through them.

Its boom bang crash, slow mo, fast cut, slow mo, no plot, Millas ass shot, fast cut, boom boom boom, ass shot, fast cut....and so on for 6 movies.
    I did that as well some time back. They are very much one/done films. I don't feel compelled to really ever re-watch any of them. I also watched both anime/animated films as well.
    I did feel compelled to be informed on them so now that that is done I can put the check in the box....RE films series....watched.
    Just don't quiz me on them, very forgettable.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Greenland. Watchable, end of the world, disaster movie keying on one family.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I did that as well some time back. They are very much one/done films. I don't feel compelled to really ever re-watch any of them. I also watched both anime/animated films as well.
    I did feel compelled to be informed on them so now that that is done I can put the check in the box....RE films series....watched.
    Just don't quiz me on them, very forgettable.
    Same with me here. But I skip on the animated stuff. I have hopes for the remake, heard that it should be closer to the first video game.

Only thing I will remember from the RE movies is Millas butt

Extraordinary Member

William Dafoe- The Hunter- Really good.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-18-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Finished the whole Resident Evil film series. I don't know how I got through them.

Its boom bang crash, slow mo, fast cut, slow mo, no plot, Millas ass shot, fast cut, boom boom boom, ass shot, fast cut....and so on for 6 movies.
    Funny I don't remember any ass shots from those movies. But I only really went to the theater for the last 3 movies. Maybe a rewatch is in order
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-18-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Funny I don't remember any ass shots from those movies. But I only really went to the theater for the last 3 movies. Maybe a rewatch is in order
    Just because of that? No, don't do that. Just google her up

Astonishing Member

William Dafoe- The Hunter- Really good.

Oh yes.

Recently another Tasmanian devil resurfaced, so they aren't extinct anymore, or not classified as extinct.

Extraordinary Member

Just because of that? No, don't do that. Just google her up
    Haha. Yes what did ppl do before youtube and google lol.

Extraordinary Member

Oh yes.

Recently another Tasmanian devil resurfaced, so they aren't extinct anymore, or not classified as extinct.
    Hard to believe that movie is from 2011 it seemed like something the 80s or early 90s. Glad to hear it about those Tasmanian devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Greenland. Watchable, end of the world, disaster movie keying on one family.
    And there will be a sequel!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member

Infinite- Mark Wahlberg film. Turned it off after 25 min. Complete horseshit. You've seen this movie dozens of times before. Right up there (or down there?) with the Old Guard. All the immortal characters cliches you can fit into 2 hours.

Chiwetel really should fire his agent. He's so much better than these films.
    Last edited by newparisian; 06-18-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Hard to believe that movie is from 2011 it seemed like something the 80s or early 90s. Glad to hear it about those Tasmanian devils.
    Apparently 'The Hunter' revolves around the thylacine, or Tasmanian tiger, which is considered by most experts to have gone extinct. The Tasmanian devil is a different kind of marsupial predator (the inspiration for Taz of the Looney Tunes), which sustained a stable population until recently when it was affected by a facial cancer which is even now causing a significant population decline.

----

I'm having a bit of a Robin Wright weekend, yesterday I went to the theatre to watch 'Land', in which she stars and which she directed as well.
    And just this morning I saw 'Forrest Gump' on DVD.
    I'm just happy the movie theatres are open again, I really missed watching films on the big screen and travelling to the city for it.
    Last edited by Mormel; 06-20-2021 at 02:54 AM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Apparently 'The Hunter' revolves around the thylacine, or Tasmanian tiger, which is considered by most experts to have gone extinct. The Tasmanian devil is a different kind of marsupial predator (the inspiration for Taz of the Looney Tunes), which sustained a stable population until recently when it was affected by a facial cancer which is even now causing a significant population decline.

----

I'm having a bit of a Robin Wright weekend, yesterday I went to the theatre to watch 'Land', in which she stars and which she directed as well.
    And just this morning I saw 'Forrest Gump' on DVD.
    I'm just happy the movie theatres are open again, I really missed watching films on the big screen and travelling to the city for it.
    Yes you're right. It's easy to mix those names up lol. Robin Wright is good tho last time I saw her was in that blade Runner movie. Maybe I'll check out her new flick.

Ultimate Member

Swordfish I remember this movie being a big deal when it was first released, but I never put any effort into watching it start to finish until now. Not anyone's idea of a masterpiece but I was able to enjoy it for what it was. Having said that...spoilers:
    Travolta's character is supposed to be part of a secret organization that's stayed off the radar for years. But he does things like having public shoot outs, kill a Senator in broad daylight, and his big plan includes driving multiple vehicles into a bank in the middle of the day and strapping bombs onto people?
    end of spoilers

Also, his speech about Dog Day Afternoon doesn't make sense. He asks why didn't the filmmakers push the envelope and have Pacino's character start killing hostages...it's cuz DDA was based on a real event. The real life bank robber didn't kill hostages so why would movie robber do so? Travolta's character having seen the movie would surely know this.
    Last edited by ed2962; 06-21-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Went to the movie theatre for the third consecutive week since the lifting of some COVID restrictions, and I saw 'Blackbird', a 2019 movie starring Susan Sarandon, Kate Winslet and Mia Wasikowska. It's about a terminally ill lady who is planning on assisted euthanasia, but first arranges a family get-together with her two adult daughters and their families. There's tension between the daughters who have diametrically opposite personalities and lifestyles.

I actually enjoyed it immensely, despite it not getting rave reviews. I thought it provided a fresh new take on a difficult topic like euthanasia, and the cast of characters all felt well-rounded and each got their time to shine, helped tremendously by the great acting.

On the contrary, 'Land' initially left me feeling a lot less satisfied, but watching some reviews on it on Youtube afterwards (all highly positive) made me appreciate it much more.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me