Page 110 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3109

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Wasn't there stories about how he has Hyperthyroidism, which was causing him a lot of pain and discomfort. There were pictures released and things looked pretty bad.
    I see, I thought he got sick again. He is doing better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Watched the Bishop's Wife, with Loretta Young, David Niven and Cary Grant. First Christmas movie of the year for me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

THE BISHOP'S WIFE is a weird one (at least it is for me), because there's so much heat between Cary Grant and Loretta Young, yet he's an angel and she's a bishop's wife. So how can this romance possibly be consummated?

I guess the ideal solution would be a threeway with Cary, Loretta and David--then everyone would be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    THE BISHOP'S WIFE is a weird one (at least it is for me), because there's so much heat between Cary Grant and Loretta Young, yet he's an angel and she's a bishop's wife. So how can this romance possibly be consummated?

I guess the ideal solution would be a threeway with Cary, Loretta and David--then everyone would be satisfied.
    They actually marketed the movie that way, too, with Cary Grant the angel being a sex symbol basically. In some markets the movie was even titled as "Cary and The Bishop's Wife." It doesn't hurt that Loretta Young was also smokin' hot in that movie.

For me personally, it works to have angels as flawed beings like that. Probably comes from my love of Greek and Norse mythology, where the divine beings are always falling for mortal beings.

Five out of the six IP MAN movies I'm familiar with. Only remaining one is Ip Man 4: The Finale.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Spies In Disguise, wasn't sure about this one from the trailer, but a fun movie with lots of action and humor.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Grudge, the story of a silly house who thought it could kill Buffy.

And netflix's Grudge Origin or something like that, 6 episodes so far.

I liked the movie fine but the Origin stuff is such a weird mess. The narration is all over the place. Which is also kinda true for the movie but it works well for the film in my opinion, not in this case.

Not at all.

Oh and Light Out, 2016.

Not bad, i liked it. Could have been way better though with some more work on the script.

Good casting though.

Last Man on Earth (1964) - Vincent Price brings it like only he can, as a lonely survivor of a plague apocalypse, in a world populated by zombie-vampire things. The more time passes after I saw the ending, the more this one has grown on me. Really a must see for horror zombie fans, its a forerunner of most modern takes on that genre.

Tales of Terror (1962) - Anthology of four or five Edgar Allen Poe stories stuffed into three stories. The "Black Cat" story has elements of that one, plus Cask of Amontillado. Like lots of other Poe-based films of the time, large liberties are taken with the stories to give them more complexity. The final story, 'Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar" was a standout for me with Basil Rathbone as the hypnotist.

Yes I am still in October mode. Sue me, it seems right for this crazy year.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-17-2020 at 12:15 PM.

The Social Network.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Social Network.
    I love this movie! I saw it once when it was released in the theatres, thought it was good (not great or exceptional) and hadn't seen it for almost 7 or 8 years. Then I saw it again at a friend's house a couple of years back and I was just leveled at how great this movie is. I don't really care about facts vs. fiction...the movie is phenomenal.

Recently watched: John Wick
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The New Mutants. I was rather disappointed. And that was going in with only mild hopes for a decent movie. Makes a hash of the original source material story to be sure. If you have little to no affinity for the original comics, the movie might prove mildly diverting but I didn't really get much out of the movie myself.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Recent watch: Mr. & Mrs. Smith
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Recent watch: Mr. & Mrs. Smith
    Which one?

Invincible Member

Fargo. I mostly had fun watching it. For some reason it's weird thinking about this movie is 20yrs old.