Page 157 of 206 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3086

Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Damn, i haven't watched a movie that good in a LOOONG time.

Evil Dead II.

LOL! And that's only bc I didn't want to pay to see Doctor Strange: multiverse of Madness again.

Invincible Member

Interceptor (2022). Basically, just a B-level action film. I wasn't expecting much, so I was able to enjoy it for what it was. The lead Elsa Pataky wasn't a great actress and she wasn't helped by the "movie tough guy" dialogue they gave her. However, I was able to accept her as an action lead. Chris Hemsworth is executive producer and has a super brief cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Evil Dead II.

LOL! And that's only bc I didn't want to pay to see Doctor Strange: multiverse of Madness again.
    That's funny. For the first time ever, I watched The Evil Dead and Evil Dead II. Really liked both of them.

Astonishing Member

I watched The Black Phone. Great movie and the best horror experience I had with actual people (nobody dared to watch A24's X with me) in a theater since James Wan's Malignant.

And while it's not quite a Stephen King movie (it's adapted from his son Joe Hill's story, I liked his novel Horns), it really washed the bad taste of the latest Firestarter movie, also from Blumhouse.

My obituary for Firestarter is I really liked the novel but I feel is frozen prehistoric compared to It, Salem Lot, and Black Phone stories that will offer more timely and relatable movies without reminding that government and mutant exploitation nowadays makes people think movies set within Marvel or DC.

Tick, Tick... BOOM

Fun musical that entertained me all the way through.

National Champions

I was engaged in this movie, a lot more than I thought I might.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Spider-Man, No Way Home. Did not disappoint and lived up to the hype.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Spider-Man, No Way Home. Did not disappoint and lived up to the hype.
    Loved it. A proper well made movie.

Anek (2022).

It's 1/2 spy thriller and 1/2 history lesson about the politics of the NorthEast India area.

It's a good watch but not the easiest for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Lol

No Time to Die a rewatch at home. Spoilers.

The film seemed much worse than I remembered. Lashana Lynch's character Nomi seemed to be pointless. (diversity hire insertion?) Nomi, most of the time added nothing that couldn't have been done by either Bond himself or just plain no one at all. As such, on the flip side, complaining much about Nomi is silly. Apart from adding a few minutes the character caused absolutely no damage to the film. Possibly merely there to be pointed at by the media. (if anything, that is an insult) Ana De Armases Paloma seemed to be there for "the boys" and was quite a fun persona. Also as some have pointed out "She's from a completely different film, and I want to watch that one." Paloma would in my view have been more at home in an updated Roger Moore's Bond. She came, she sparkled, and then she was gone.

Rami Malek was very underused. Much of the film just seemed to be cleaning house. Why and what was gained by killing Blofeld and Felix Leiter? Wouldn't Safin wanted Blofeld to suffer in powerless impotence?

The ending was terrible. why did Obruchev racially incite Nomi above a pool of acid? He was the great cunning survivor all though the film, but I guess plot requires him to die at this point. Bond seemed to be playing a shoot'em up video game and then cack handedly has to die. But we'll provide three reasons for doing this, because each one is just either too low key or just stupid. So we'll just overload you with them. Give Bond an EMP watch. It won't work on nano bots scratched on the surface of his skin, but it will blow out a robotic eye at the same time as it also fails to knock out Bond's ear piece, because plot, he'll need that later.

Parts of it looked very nice. Which is a shame really.

The Mist(2007)
    Movie adaptations of Stephen King stories can be hit or miss. You typically have a 50/50 chance it’ll suck. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I recall it didn’t do parting well in the box office, but aside from the extremely dark ending it was very faithful to the original story with little deviation. Unfortunately, that may have been one of its drawbacks as adapting the stories dialogue to the screen made it seem a little stilted. The director may have needed to slow the timing down and let the actors work out the lines. The editing could’ve used a little more polish as well. Some of the scenes could’ve done with an extra beat to give the audience time to relate to the characters and situations. Aside from that, I really enjoyed it and felt genuinely saddened by the ending.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-27-2022 at 03:40 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Fantastic Beast, Dumbledore. Not quite as good as the first, but a lot better than second. Hope they do a sequel.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Looper (2012).

It holds up as a fun sci-fi action flick but I forgot it does dip into horror from time to time.

Arrow

Train To Busan (2016)

A rare thought-provoking modern zombie movie from South Korea. This film is reminiscent of George Romero's Dead series due to its biting (pun intended) social commentary about East Asian Business Culture.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

The Northman-some suspect bs.

Iceman-Can't believe Donnie Yen was even in this trash lol.

Watching terminal list. What is it with modern directors and their love for filming extended action in pitch dark? smdh..