Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3112

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    ... are, are you monetizing engagement... here?!?

I like Gylenhall, that's the dude, people don't bring up Nightcrawler enough but will people be repeating lines from the new one, 30 years from now? They won't.

Who is the Kelly Lynch role cause if she's not throwing young boys into puberty like the OG did it aint better lol.
    Just opinion man. They are both more fun than good movies. Both have things that are silly. We can like one more than the other. "Better" probably isn't the right adjective for either. Just things we like or don't like in one or the other.
    Nude Kelly Lynch is a plus for the original.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spy x Family Code: White---4 out of 10.

Went to see it as a Sight Unseen Movie at AMC, meaning, all I knew was that it was a PC13 rating and ran about 110 minutes. No title and no synopsis. So the theater had about 80 people in it and once I saw CrunchyRoll logo flash on the screen, I chuckled. Then it was subtitled and chuckled a little more. Needless to say when the movie was over about 15 people were left. Me, I paid for Popcorn and Soda so I stayed.

I am not a huge fan of Anime with the Giant Eyes and the love struck females that do stupid stuff, especially when they are supposed to be hardened spies so right off the bat I was a little annoyed.
    The premise is the family needs to make a dessert for the kids school and they want to make a dessert the principal likes so they go to the "North" Region to get the ingredients. Then chaos ensues. Kid unknowingly eats microfilm on train, local Military guy goes rogue and tries to start a war but needs microfilm. "Dad" in the family goes all Mission Impossible to find the impossible to find ingredients, Military GOmer Pyles hunt and find little girl and take her hostage. "Mom and Dad" find out she is on a Zepplin so they fly to it and fight all the bad guys to stop a war between warring factions...Blah blah blah...

The family stuff was unneeded, especially in the market. Seemed like filler, especially the Mission Impossible stuff to find some Liquor for the dessert. Some of the Dialogue seemed to be lost in translation or just bad translation. The kid was annoying, Mom was annoying Dad was ok. Villain was annoying. Gomer Pyles were annoying. Dog was annoying. Female Spy was annoying.
    2 Strong powerful women characters that were super butt kicking spies were reduced to big eyed, love eyed, floating around in air, teenagers at the sight of the "Dad". Meh...

The 15-20 minutes devoted to the kids needing to poop and the Poop God, were somewhat funny to get little kids laughing. I chuckled the first few times but then it got a little too much and distracted from the movie.

Overall It was a mediocre film that had it's moments but was undone by the generic Anime love stuck female trope.

Apparently it's a pretty good tv show. I couldn't tell by the movie.
    Last edited by krazijoe; 04-16-2024 at 09:48 AM.

Incredible Member

Barbie - As a man I was never going to be seen watching this in theaters but I caught it on MAX and found it to be an overrated pretentious piece of garbage and didn't deserve all the attention it got, it could have been just another dumb toy adaptation but instead it tries to be some feminist propaganda crap, I seriously doubt that any 6-8 year old girls enjoyed this film.

Astonishing Member

Pearl

This is the prequel to X (with Jenny Ortega). X was pretty gross. You don't have that here beside from the usual horror elements, like some gruesome killings.

Ususally i am bored by prequels, but Mia Goth played her character so well, its a joy to watch her. She has two or three scenes where you really think she is completely nuts in real life, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Barbie - As a man I was never going to be seen watching this in theaters but I caught it on MAX and found it to be an overrated pretentious piece of garbage and didn't deserve all the attention it got, it could have been just another dumb toy adaptation but instead it tries to be some feminist propaganda crap, I seriously doubt that any 6-8 year old girls enjoyed this film.
    Given your first sentence, the rest of the "review" is not surprising.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Molly's Game ( 2017) written and directed by Aaron Sorkin starring Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba. Sort of a biopic about Molly Bloom who was a former professional skier who starring running a successful underground poker game which was attended by celebrities and business men. The mob gets involved and eventually so does the FBI and Molly has to contend the consequences of her dangerous lifestyle.

I liked it more than I thought I would. Well acted and well paced it held my interest despite it's mostly just people talking for two hours. There are a few "Sorkin-isms" and a cheezy movie twist ( I have no idea if it happened that way in real life ). But I thought it was a solid film.
    Last edited by ed2962; 04-17-2024 at 10:03 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I'm really going to have to eventually get around to watching this movie. I have a hard time believing it's as "radical" or "woke" as some folks are claiming...
    Last edited by ed2962; 04-17-2024 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm really going to have to eventually get around to watching this movie. I have a hard time believing it's as "radical" or "woke" and some folks are claiming...
    Haven't seen it either. But the criticisms I've run into are pretty much the opposite. That the movie isn't challenging. It's "allowable" rebellion.

It's a wonderfully fun movie that addresses the good and bad about Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm really going to have to eventually get around to watching this movie. I have a hard time believing it's as "radical" or "woke" as some folks are claiming...
    Its totally not woke or radical or anything like that. Its dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumber, dumber, dumber and really dumb. But incredibly intentionally that way and loads of fun. Only someone with a serious stick up their ass and myopia would see it as some secret feminist liberal conspiracy to control minds.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

The Voyeurs - Upon moving into their dream apartment, a man and woman notice that their windows look directly into the apartment opposite - inviting them to witness the volatile relationship of the attractive couple across the street. But when they attempt to anonymously intercede in their lives, they unwittingly set in motion a chain of events that will lead to disaster.

Nocturne - An incredibly gifted pianist makes a Faustian bargain to overtake her older sister at a prestigious institution for classical musicians.

I saw these both on Amazon Prime and were surprisingly entertaining it's just a coincidence that Sydney Sweeney happens to star in both movies.

Invincible Member

North by Northwest ( 1959 )directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Starring Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint and James Mason. An advertising man is mistaken for a secret agent, ends up wanted for murder and goes on the run. He meets a young woman who seems to be willing to help him but she has an agenda all her own.

In it's own way, it's pretty nuts starting with the premise and going from there...the murder, the action set pieces, etc ( and that last shot...really? ). But it is a fun ride. More than anything it's Grant that holds it together for me. We get charming movie star Grant, but we also buy into the idea of him being desperate man trying to get to the bottom of things.

BANNED

watched the Before the Storm movie (2020) on Tubi last night. made in the Mitchell area in South Dakota which is pretty cool.

also rest of this weekend I'm watching

Netflix: Silverado
    Shudder: Joe Bob Briggs' Last Drive In Live Jamboree showing of Night of the Demons, and get around to watching Suitable Flesh

and watch Leviathan for Blu ray. still have the main behind the scenes documentary to watch besides the movie

BANNED

also by the way, alot of people are really missing out on not going to the A24 movie Civil War recently. They don't know what they're frikkin missing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    also by the way, alot of people are really missing out on not going to the A24 movie Civil War recently. They don't know what they're frikkin missing
    That movie is currently set to become one of its studio's biggest releases, so rest assured the word for it is out.