Page 65 of 208 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Default Unbreakable

I saw this for the first time two nights ago. It kept my attention. I liked the ending but the acting was so dull with no charisma whatsoever. Having said this I might be interested in seeing the next movies.

Bad boys 3 was fun. It reminded me of the 90s.

I enjoyed Bad Boys For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2
    Yeah I'm not a fan of his slapstick stuff. But this was a much more serious role for him and he sold it.
    I do like his slapstick stuff but yeah The Foreigner was a nice departure. If you see wanna see more rare serious Jackie Chan check out Dragon Fist, Police Story II and Heart of Dragon.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    I enjoyed Bad Boys For Life.

I do like his slapstick stuff but yeah The Foreigner was a nice departure. If you see wanna see more rare serious Jackie Chan check out Dragon Fist, Police Story II and Heart of Dragon.
    Yeah I hear a lot about Police Story. Might have to check that out.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YounG03 View Post
    I saw this for the first time two nights ago. It kept my attention. I liked the ending but the acting was so dull with no charisma whatsoever. Having said this I might be interested in seeing the next movies.

Bad boys 3 was fun. It reminded me of the 90s.
    Haven't seen it in ages but Willis is horrible in general. For me it fit the movie because he is in a state of depression until he emerges as SPOILERS

Amazing Member

Invisible Man

I didn't really liked it but i seem to be in the minority according to the reviews. The Invisible man is supposed to be pretty smart yet has a massive oversight towards the end that left me scratching my head. Also felt like that same story could have been (has been) told without an Invisible Man so what was even the point.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    Invisible Man

I didn't really liked it but i seem to be in the minority according to the reviews. The Invisible man is supposed to be pretty smart yet has a massive oversight towards the end that left me scratching my head. Also felt like that same story could have been (has been) told without an Invisible Man so what was even the point.
    Felt the same way. This dude was pretty dumb for a smart guy. People who loved the movie could blame all that on the fact hes clearly unstable and insane I guess. Crazy people do dumb **** I guess no matter how high they're IQ might be. He i thought the movie was ok but I didnt love it.

Not a movie, but I watched the Canal produced War of the Worlds show.

I enjoyed it, despite being WotW in pretty much name only. I will definitely watch the second season to see where they take it.

Has anyone else seen it?

A new War of the Worlds show? Not seen it yet but it sounds interesting. The 1990s TV series was also WotW in name only, being a sequel to the original story, but it turned out to be worth watching. This one sounds like a much more apocalyptic take on things. I now have to find it and see if it is any good.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

It's apparently on Prime. Only 3 episodes so far, but I'm not sure if that's because Epix is still airing it weekly? It's 8 episodes total. Apparently a season 2 has been approved.

I liked it for what it was. It's got Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern in it, who are both great.

Retired

THE GREAT ESCAPE (1963), which I've seen before but not in a long while--directed by John Sturges, starring a long list of great male actors--with a wonderful score by Elmer Bernstein. There are several similar plot points between this and LA GRANDE ILLUSION (1937) that I rewatched not long ago--even though one takes place in WW I and the other in WW II and THE GREAT ESCAPE is based on a true story but, as far as I know, LA GRANDE ILLUSION is not based on a particular true story even though it's true to life. It's also interesting to think of this movie in light of ONCE UPON A TIME . . . IN HOLLYWOOD. Just as Rick Dalton has Cliff Booth, Steve McQueen had Bud Ekins.

I watched Marvel's The Avengers the other day.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Saw Onward and I loved it. What shines the most in this are the story and characters. Now sure a lot of Pixar is like this, but I exemplify it here because they do shore up what I feel to be the film's only weakness: The world. It's not bad per se but it's not particularly interesting. I see this as kinda the reverse WALL-E. Both films have humor that's not knee-slapping, strong characters, strong story, and good emotional moments. But where as WALL-E starts strong and slows down at a certain point, Onward starts slow and then goes strong at a certain point.

I'd say it's among the better Pixar films. Among my own personal count I'd put it in the at least the Top 15.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Tolkien. Even though it wasn't received well I watched it on HBO anyway because I had nothing else to do. It wasn't bad. The acting was good and it kept me pretty interested but being a fan of the guys work (and the films adapted after it) I felt they left out some key things.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YounG03 View Post
    I saw it in the theater and really enjoyed it and that seems to be Shamalans directing style - very low key. I think its a taste.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Willis is horrible in general.
    Wait, Bruce Willis is horrible in general? In what world?