Page 69 of 206 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3085

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard it's debut on Disney+ has been moved up to next Monday I think, the reason being so kids could have something new to watch while stuck at home thanks to schools being closed due to coronavirus.
    Watched it on Disney+ last night -- go check it out
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Invincible Member

The Wicker Man from 1973. I was somehow under the impression that it was supposed to be a scary horror film, but it's really more of a thriller/mystery. I'd say two and half stars out of five.

Retired

I thought the 1973 version of THE WICKER MAN was an amazing picture. It was certainly frightening for me--maybe more of a psychological terror, but there are a lot of horrifying scenes in it. I'd rank it pretty high as a movie.

Me as well. I saw it then, and the ending still sticks with me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

I didn't think bad, I guess it just didn't push my buttons the way I thought it was going to. For instance, a lot of the stuff that was supposed to be creepy ( the pagan rituals) just sort of made me shrug.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Joker
    Finally. Joaquin completely transforms and great second half but come on... Best picture??

Once upon a time in Hollywood
    All the scenes with pit and pit bull are great, Bruce Lee... Such a jerk... All around best picture for me

Retired

Bruce Lee being a bit of a jerk is probably a compliment from Tarantino, since Tarantino himself is a bit of a jerk--and his movies always have characters that are jerks but still good guys (as opposed to the characters that are jerks but bad guys). The fact that Lee was friends with Sharon Tate counts in his favour, as one of the good guys. Besides the fact that Lee taught martial arts to Tate, Roman Polanski and Steve McQueen (the guy who's career Rick Dalton could have had), Polanski had thought that Lee might have done the murders, before the Manson Family were proven to be responsible. So Quentin is tipping his hat to that part of the story.

I woke up very early this morning and before I went back to sleep I ended up watching Baby Boom with Diane Keaton.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The Wicker Man from 1973. I was somehow under the impression that it was supposed to be a scary horror film, but it's really more of a thriller/mystery. I'd say two and half stars out of five.
    It's not meant to be scary as in "jumps", it's unsettling. What starts as a simple investigation uncovers an entire island that plans to burn you alive. It's disturbing, more than a horror (though it is horrific). If that makes sense?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    It's not meant to be scary as in "jumps", it's unsettling. What starts as a simple investigation uncovers an entire island that plans to burn you alive. It's disturbing, more than a horror (though it is horrific). If that makes sense?
    Sure, I get it now. It just didn't move me as much as I expected.

Invincible Member

I did watch Evil Dead! It sort of turned into a cartoon during the final act, but I had fun with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiAN...ture=emb_title

I watched this on netflix. Decent flick with a strong performance by Shahid Kapoor.

I also started watching Blade Runner the Final Cut.

Extraordinary Member

Jumanji 2. This was waay better than I thought it was gonna be. I liked the first one but the commercials with the Rock doing his Danny DeVito thing didn't look right to me. But it actually worked in the movie.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Bruce Lee being a bit of a jerk is probably a compliment from Tarantino, since Tarantino himself is a bit of a jerk--and his movies always have characters that are jerks but still good guys (as opposed to the characters that are jerks but bad guys). The fact that Lee was friends with Sharon Tate counts in his favour, as one of the good guys. Besides the fact that Lee taught martial arts to Tate, Roman Polanski and Steve McQueen (the guy who's career Rick Dalton could have had), Polanski had thought that Lee might have done the murders, before the Manson Family were proven to be responsible. So Quentin is tipping his hat to that part of the story.
    Good to let me know. I expected Manson to be a much bigger part of the tale but maybe he was the joke Tarantino let's us believe he was

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Nothing revolutionary but I decided to watch the sequel to Red based on Warren Ellis' indie book. I didn't even know there was a sequel. I saw the first one in theaters and enjoyed it. This one was fun, though I didn't like it as much as the first. The acting was good which is not surprising with most of its cast. The humor bits were funny though it did get a bit repetitive later. The action was well done even if it was pretty basic. The plot wasn't that different to your usual plot of this genre but again but still pretty enjoyable.

Next Brit Indie comic/graphic novel adaptation: Kingsman. I kind of ruined it though from watching the action clips on You Tube.