Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Favorite Fight Scenes

Hey all. Just thought I'd start up a thread where we could post our favorite fight scenes from movies, TV shows, and online series!

We've had many of these threads in the past, but none too recently. Indeed, a lot of truly excellent fights have come up in the last couple of years. While we'll definitely give shout outs to the Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li films, I thought I'd start the thread with some new stuff.

For me, I certainly think you should check out Triple Threat which is on Netflix right now. It features some of the best martial arts stars of this era, like Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais, Tiger Chen, and Scott Adkins. Still, I feel that Tony Jaa really stands out. Check out some of his best scenes below:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Great scene from the Iko Uwais series Wu Assassins. It's a bit slower and less intense than his Indonesian stuff, but still well done:

"I am a man of peace."

Final fight scene from Ip Man 3. For me, the later entries of the Ip Man series really focused on the drama (if you can check out Ip Man 4. Not ashamed to tell you I cried a lot during that movie. Really emotional stuff there). Fight scenes were cool because of the emphasis on the backstory and drama. Liked this fight because yes it's Wing Chun vs. Wing Chun, but also because of the situation between Ip Man and his wife.

"I am a man of peace."

Supergirl vs Reign, Season 3 Episode 9.

Never have seen the season yet, but wow, that Bullseye was (and no pun intended) on point:

"I am a man of peace."

Defienlty better hand to hand stuff out there. Anything with Scott Atkinson,Michale Jai white, Iko,Donnie,Jackie, Tony Jaa etc..

But boy does not Tom Hardy sell the **** out that scene. Its unique and funny because how much he sells that hes not in control.

Astonishing Member

Jackie Chan vs. ? in Under Control is my favorite

The Daredevil fights are very good in Season 1. Slow and kind of realistic as it gets in a Superhero movie, especially the one at the floor.

I hate everything with wire action if its supposed to be real. (Except in New Police Story, where Jackie hits the wires, but it was on purpose and not a trick to show how high he can jump etc.)

Definitely one of the best anime fights to come out in the last few years:

The fluidity of fighting, the choreography, the twists and turns, the growth of characters, and the shout out's to the past make this an epic fight.
    "I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Oof this is a really, really tough one to crack. I don't even think I've seen that many action movies or even the best ones, but there are many are on my mind. I'll try listing as many as possible.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Kitchen Fight Scene from The Raid 2:

Honestly from what I have seen, this is probably the best fight scene of the last decade. If not of all time. The fight choreography, the cinematography, the special and practical effects, the brutality. I still hold my breath when watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Kitchen Fight Scene from The Raid 2:

Honestly from what I have seen, this is probably the best fight scene of the last decade. If not of all time. The fight choreography, the cinematography, the special and practical effects, the brutality. I still hold my breath when watching it.
    Thanks for posting this again. Have seen it a few times and thought that I was used to it already. BUT, when the kerambits started to come out and the slashes started to fly....man, that was really something. Kudos!
    "I am a man of peace."

Actually, as a nod to Blind Wedjat, the Raid franchise has really influenced a ton of cartoons and shows over the past few years. Saw a couple of Raid influences in the Batman vs. Shredder fight from the Batman/TMNT movie:

The whole fight is just a pleasure really. Shredder floating in to fight just like he did during the 1990s movie, the Raid inspired fight scene. All in all, it made a lot of fanboy sense. Both Batman and Shredder are equally matched, which makes sense in a way.
    "I am a man of peace."

What an interesting idea for a thread. I don't know what value my thoughts on the matter are, as the things I love in fights (and the "rules" I think should be in place for good fights) are probably different to most peoples. But for what it's worth:

Kieran's "Top 5" Fights of Cinema
    1. the Bride vs Copperhead in Kill Bill vol.1 (2003)
    2. Yu Shu Lien vs Jen Yu in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
    3. Gandalf vs Saruman in the Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
    4. Bond vs. Red in From Russia With Love (1963)
    5. Merlin vs. Madam Mim in the Sword in the Stone (1963)

I'm sure I've forgotten one, but those are the fights that instantly come to mind as just awesome.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-13-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Always been partial to this one from Dragon Tiger Gate. The two on one of Tiger and Turbo VS Shibumi is honestly the best fight in the movie and considerably more fun than the curbstomp battle Dragon gives him right after.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    What an interesting idea for a thread. I don't know what value my thoughts on the matter are, as the things I love in fights (and the "rules" I think should be in place for good fights) are probably different to most peoples. But for what it's worth:

Kieran's "Top 5" Fights of Cinema
    1. the Bride vs Copperhead in Kill Bill vol.1 (2003)
    2. Yu Shu Lien vs Jen Yu in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
    3. Gandalf vs Saruman in the Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
    4. Bond vs. Red in From Russia With Love (1963)
    5. Merlin vs. Madam Mim in the Sword in the Stone (1963)

I'm sure I've forgotten one, but those are the fights that instantly come to mind as just awesome.
    As for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, that fight scene between the Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi is still amazing. A little humorous, but honestly made me fall in love with Zhang Ziyi a bit more.

As for the Sword in the Stone, love that scene too! Each wizard is one-upping the other until Merlin uses the smallest yet deadliest of organisms to take Mim down. Quite a contrast of the weak taking down the strong!
    "I am a man of peace."