Powerboy said, "I can not even begin to comprehend what all the whining was about."

And from what I saw at the time, all the whining was about this certain thing that happened in the movie. People went on and on about it. I think that's what the whining was about. I didn't want to tell Powerboy what that was in particular, because he should be free to have his good opinion of the movie. But since there was so much of this meme and everywhere I looked back then, I don't think I'm insulting anyone by saying that's what the whining was about.

And I stand by my larger thesis, which isn't about one guy's opinion of the movie, good or bad, but about how all movies trend up or down in today's culture. Some of us are independent thinkers, sure. But a lot of people on social media have a herd mentality and they will be guided by memes. If they get the idea that a movie is no good, they won't see it or they will hate watch it. And even for myself, I find I need to purposely avoid things on social media because those ideas can get in the way of my enjoying a movie or T.V. show.