Page 171 of 208 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3109

You People, Netflix.
    Eddie Murphy, Jonah Hill, Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
    Jewish man (Jonah Hill) that is enamored with the African American Culture, meets a woman (Lauren London) that is African American and hilarity? ensues when the families meet etc...
    It's been done before a million times and a million ways. It had some humorous moments but overall I was meh for 2 hours. Some of the stuff that Julia Louis Dreyfus and Jonah Hill do/say is just cringeworthy...
    6 out of 10.

Extraordinary Member

Wakanda Forever- An emotionally draining experience. Def should have recast.

I watched Black Panther: Wakanda Forever for the first time last night. I can't quite put my finger on WHY, but I came away a little underwhelmed with the movie as a whole. I mean the movie is good enough but it didn't really strike me as doing much to rise above just being another cog in the MCU slate of films.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Day Shift. i enjoyed it. i like when violence is used for humor in horror ala Army of Darkness. it didn't need to be 2hrs though, i find myself saying that a lot these days.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015)
    Henry Cavill
    Armie Hammer
    Alicia Vikander
    Hugh Grant

I understand this did not due well at the box office(google search) and while I also did not see it it was the year I got married. Lots going on for me. I'm disappointed in the rest of the moviegoing masses to not have turned out for this. I enjoyed it very much. It was a period piece with a number of actors I like and was an action/spy film. The film is a long intro piece designed to set up a sequel by assembling all the players together at the end introducing the UNCLE concept at films conclusion. Still, during all that the story they told was engaging and fun. Cavill's Solo "I left my jacket in there" was my favorite line.

I'd rate it a B+/A-
    I gave it an 8 over on IMDB.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Till. Good film though heartbreaking of course
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-02-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Saw 'Babylon' by Damien Chazelle and starring Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt, and Diego Calva. Very very mixed feelings on this one! In certainly places this was beautifully shot, wild, grabs the attention, stellar performances by Robbie, Pitt, and Calva. On the negative side (for me) the crassness and vulgarity in it so over-the-top that it often drowns out the story it's telling. 3 hours flew by, as a work of art it's admirable and in places very enjoyable, but it's Gustave Courbet's The Origin Of The World in movie form: wonderfully crafted but it's also a bush shoved into your face.

Hate to be a broken record but Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt in this? Top notch. Diego Calva stands as strong next to them as the 'straight man' in many of the bizarre situations he finds himself in. I haven't seen in anything else but he was great. Hope to see him in more stuff going forward!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I saw that Gerard Butler film Plane today.

It was actually pretty entertaining. The story is as point A to point B as the film's title, but since it really cut down (if not cut out entirely) the instances of the audience saying, "There's no way that could ever happen", I'd say this was a pretty solid action type movie that worked well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Banshees of Inisherin, by Martin McDonagh and starring Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Great black comedy. The setting of the small community in the tiny island town really starts to feel claustrophobic as the story unfolds. Plenty of laughs to be had in spite of the subtle sinisterness that hangs over the movie and only intensifies over the course of its runtime. Had a great old time with it. Shout out to Barry Keoghan in a supporting role as dim-witted son of a Garda.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I watched Black Panther: Wakanda Forever for the first time last night. I can't quite put my finger on WHY, but I came away a little underwhelmed with the movie as a whole. I mean the movie is good enough but it didn't really strike me as doing much to rise above just being another cog in the MCU slate of films.
    I just finished , very lackluster. I was bored at times, which never happens for me at a Marvel movie. There were also instances that seemed illogical. C+
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-05-2023 at 07:21 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Wild Strawberries 1957 directed by Ingmar Bergman. I was afraid I might get bored by it, but ultimately I was moved. I understand why it's considered one of the great movies of it's time.

It's a good film but has a slow start.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2023 at 08:34 PM.

Troll, 2022, Netflix
    Norwegian film based on the mythology of Trolls. Wasn't bad but it was a typical Monster movie. Substitute Troll with Godzilla, King Kong, etc and you get the same movie. Even the sympathetic heart strings etc, at the end are pulled just like in other Monster Movies. Overall it wasn't bad, just nothing original.

It's the latest Guy Ritchie Flick and its fun so far.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2023 at 08:35 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Menu...meh, too forgettable. An interesting idea not pushed far enough, not exploited enough, it seemed to pull its punches. Wasn't cast well enough either.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-13-2023 at 11:20 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”