Page 104 of 208 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3110

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
    What did you think of it? I found the original kind of pretentious and non-sensical. The sequel, on the other hand, was something really interesting, IMO.

Recent movies watched:

Upgrade
    Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

I was surprised how good Upgrade was. I watched the movie for the first time last night and I really liked it.

Talladega Nights is something I have seen on multiple occasions and I think it is hilarious.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

I was surprised how good Upgrade was. I watched the movie for the first time last night and I really liked it.

Talladega Nights is something I have seen on multiple occasions and I think it is hilarious.
    Talladega Nights, Step Brothers and Blades of Glory I'd recommend without hesitation... can't get into Anchorman, though

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Talladega Nights, Step Brothers and Blades of Glory I'd recommend without hesitation... can't get into Anchorman, though
    Yea Anchorman not funny to me either and I wouldn't recommend Blades of Glory but the other ones are silly.

I seen The Hate You Give. This movie should had had Oscar nods but I guess it's a urban movie, I have to settle for stuff like Lala land.

Harriet - it was good but I wouldn't recommend it. It's a tough movie to do since so much is unknown other than she was married, made dangerous trips and had to be a tough soul. I don't think I would had came back for my mother but this movie made me realize she had a huge heart AND was brave while the former overtook the latter.

Retired

Some movies get such a build-up that, if you don't see them right away before anyone has said much about them, when you finally do see them, they just don't live up to the hype. I felt that way about ANCHORMAN. It just wasn't that funny to me. The only way I can appreciate it is by looking at it through the eyes of those who do get a kick out of it. BLADES OF GLORY is just goofy enough about its subject--and my whole family love the world of figure skating--that I got some laughs from that and it was cool to see Amy Poehler and Will Arnett as siblings in love, back when Poehler and Arnett were a couple in real life. But Will Ferrell was probably the least funny thing in the movie.

Astonishing Member

Blue Thunder

They let real Helicopters fight between the skyscrapers, almost without cgi effects. These were the 80īs. Alone for the fact that the Hornet was flying at low level through the streets just with a stuntman in it is worth watching the movie, that was also good by the way.

Secret Origins on Netflix. A Spanish movie about crime and comics. Fun!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Last movies i watched were:

The Snowman

Fractured.(And the best of the latest movies i watched.)

Aquaman.

Searching.

The Nun.

What did you think of it? I found the original kind of pretentious and non-sensical. The sequel, on the other hand, was something really interesting, IMO.

Recent movies watched:

Upgrade

I thought both films were great. 2049 does drag a bit in the middle. I prefer 2049 as I thought K's arc grabbed me more than Deckard's. The strength of the original was its worldbuilding more than its plot or characters. Granted Hauer's last monologue is great.

Rewatching Blade Runner 2049 I feel like Jared Leto would've been better as Lex Luthor. Or if we ever do an American version of Doctor who, he'd be a good choice for the Master.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-01-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Retired

I had to wait until a new month, because my data ran out last month. Watched BILL AND TED FACE THE MUSIC (2020), directed by Dean Parisot, starring Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter. I really loved this movie.

I think the most excellent plotline was given to the daughters. Which is a good thing, because it's a passing of the torch movie. Their part reminded me of A SONG IS BORN (1948) directed by Howard Hawks.

Bill and Ted: Face the Music.

A most Excellent return for the righteous rockstars knowns as the WYLD STALLIONS!!!!

OMG I can not express how much fun I had with this movie. IT it so great to watch a film that doesn't have an agenda or some big hidden meaning. IT was just good ol fun. I had the biggest smile on my face, especially once they reunited with Death.

I loved their daughters. however I do wish more was done with the Princess' but that is really the only nit-pick.

THE 13th WARRIOR

I really liked it this time, which is disappointing, cause I loved it more when I watched it years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
    Personally, I watched it more for Denis Villeneuve than for it being Blade Runner sequel, and it was a disappointing P.o.S that made me appreciate Quantum of Solace a bit more.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicscollector View Post
    Last movies i watched were:

The Snowman

Fractured.(And the best of the latest movies i watched.)

Aquaman.

Searching.

The Nun.
    Is the Snowman as bad as its reputation suggests?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Is the Snowman as bad as its reputation suggests?
    Itīs okay.
    The movie have a good cast of actors and i would say itīs a decent detective mystery movie,but nothing to write home about.

Retired

Watched TIME LOOP--out now but actually from 2018--written and directed by Ciro Sorrentino. It's sort of an interesting movie in terms of the time travel which is like in PRIMER. And it's a beautiful movie to look at--shot in a small Italian village on a hill, with breath-taking views. The main problem I had is that only one actor speaks English well--thankfully the main character played by Sam Gittins. All the other actors have thick European accents. Not only did this make it hard to understand, but I feel that it was too much effort for the actors to do their craft and also make themselves understood in a language not their own. It would have been better if they just spoke their own language, with subtitles. But I wonder if they were all forced to speak English, so the movie could make more money in the American market. I'd be interested to know if they did another version in Italian.