Page 37 of 204 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    The Last Jedi.

While i still think it was written by a drunk moose, i almost enjoyed it this time around.

Almost.
    I'm not huge on Star wars its whatever to me. But I enjoyed TFA. Like had a blast watching it. The last Jedi put me to sleep, to me it was just a better made better looking BvS. But like I said I'm not a star wars nut. But for whatever reason really had fun with TFA... the last jedi I saw once in theaters havent watched it again.

Oh i certainly agree that TFA is way, way more fun to watch.

I mean, the last jedi has barely any quality to it. The story is a mess, the pacing is awful, the acting is nothing to be awed about and even the action scenes are barely entertaining.

But you know, i'm starting to get a "it's so bad it's fun" kind of enjoyment out of it now.

Which is a progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    The Last Jedi.

While i still think it was written by a drunk moose, i almost enjoyed it this time around.

Almost.
    I find the movie entertaining, even though it sucks. Thats the thing about many big studio movies - they can be big piles of stinky space walrus milky poo and still have high entertainment value.

Having too much money to throw at these things isn't always a good thing, though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

I still haven't watched the new Star Wars movies. But I've seen so much spoilery stuff about them that it's like I've seen the movies. One thing I don't understand is why Disney didn't have all three of the original actors appear together in a scene in THE FORCE AWAKENS. They knew that Harrison Ford wasn't going to come back for any other sequels, so that was there one chance to have Luke, Leia and Han reunite. I understand subverting expectations, but giving fans this one thing seems like a no-brainer.

I finally saw Avengers: Endgame today. I loved it and thought it was a fitting capper to the first decade of the MCU.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Wandering Earth. Bad in a very good way.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World- Absolutely fantastic way to end the series.

Watched the original Star Wars Trilogy yesterday and as always it's a good time. ROTJ is still my favorite film but Empire still has the best score of the series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Lonley island presents unauthorized Bash Brothers experience.

Wtf how did they get this signed off on? They appear to be using real A's uniforms and Use Jose Canseco's and Mcguires names? No way they signed off on this. It's not flattering at all. Half of its steroids jokes. And Sterling K brown shows up lip singing for some famous singer.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-27-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Retired

I've only seen about half of the movies that Quentin Tarantino has directed, so I'm going to watch the rest before ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD comes out. The first one for me is DEATH PROOF (2007). I know this was on the GRINDHOUSE double bill, but I saw the extended cut and I wonder how much is different between the two cuts. There's many stylistic things that don't make sense for me.

I started out thinking the movie was set in the 1970s, but then once a cell phone was shown, I realized it had to be modern day. Yet surely it makes better sense as a 1970s movie. If it's set in modern day, then Kurt Russell is actually too young to have been a stuntman on the old 1960s TV shows that Stuntman Rick mentions--because Kurt was only a boy back then.

The first half of the movie uses film stock that looks like the 1970s. The scenes in the car even look like they're using rear projection. But the second half abandons this look and appears totally modern and all the car scenes don't appear to use any trick photography like rear projection. The script and the acting are also totally different in each half. The first half is written and acted like a ham-handed 1970s exploitation film. The second half has a much more naturalistic style of script and acting.

Now this kind of split could be intentional, but I can't figure out the artistic purpose. Unlike other Tarantino movies where the mix of styles makes sense--this one leaves me without a clue why he decided to change the style halfway through. It appears as if he started out with a plan to do an entire movie as an homage to the 1970s but ditched the effort.

The movie is also disturbing in light of what Tarantino did to Uma Thurman on KILL BILL--needlessly endangering her by making her do her own stunt car driving--when he could have just as easily had Zoë Bell do the driving, since she was Thurman's stunt double. And I wonder if his guilt about that gave him the idea for DEATH PROOF.

Cold Pursuit

It only took about 20 years but I finally got around to watching The Matrix.
    I was surprised that spoilers:
    almost everyone dies. This might have the most successful double agent I have ever seen in anything. I doubt he was ever going to get what he wanted, but he held up his end of the bargain and then some. Great use of his character, shame all of the other ones do not really get to live up to their potential.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It only took about 20 years but I finally got around to watching The Matrix.
    I was surprised that spoilers:
    almost everyone dies. This might have the most successful double agent I have ever seen in anything. I doubt he was ever going to get what he wanted, but he held up his end of the bargain and then some. Great use of his character, shame all of the other ones do not really get to live up to their potential.
    end of spoilers
    I think your about 20years too late to need to use Spoiler tags.

Dont watch the sequels you with only be disappointed.

1hour into when they see us. This show is upsetting

Extraordinary Member

All the devil's men on netflix-pretty good action thriller.

Aladdin- Will smith's genie made it worth it and a pretty good time at the movies.

Just finished The Perfection on Netflix. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet, but it's so refreshing to go into a movie and have it kind of take you by surprise. It did not go at all in the direction I thought it would from the trailers and it switched direction 3 or so times. Again, not sure if I liked it, but it was a ride. And Allison Williams is great. One more movie like this and she may become one of my favorite actresses.