Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1306
  1. #991
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,388

    Default

    The way back. Movie was ok but I thought Aflek was great in it. It's a movie you have seen 100x but they find ways to separate themselves from the similar films

  2. #992
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    909

    Default

    The dead don't die

    Greatest cast in a zombie movie ever....and they stunk up the place. It was so ridiculous and unfunny, boring piece of s**** I would have left the cinema.

  3. #993
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The dead don't die

    Greatest cast in a zombie movie ever....and they stunk up the place. It was so ridiculous and unfunny, boring piece of s**** I would have left the cinema.
    Jim Jarmusch

  4. #994
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,042

    Default

    Watched last night:

    Knives Out!
    A wickedly clever and intriguing whodunit with a terrific ensemble cast featuring General Chang (Christopher Plummer), Captain America (Chris Evans), Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis), Sonny Crockett (Don Johnson) and James Bond (Daniel Craig). In my humble opinion, I thought Craig stole the show as hokey private eye Benoit Blanc, I found him far more entertaining in that role than I have with him as 007.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #995
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Jim Jarmusch
    I have to look him up to be warned about his next movie

  6. #996
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    Ghost in the Shell. Gotta say, it was a fun movie.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  7. #997
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,362

    Default

    I haven't seen a Jim Jarmusch movie in years, but I well remember his first movie, STRANGER THAN PARADISE, that came out in 1984. That was the movie to see that year for all young film enthusiasts. Made for a very low budget, with minimal production values, it was the most unusual movie of the time. His next movie, DOWN BY LAW, was also something out of the ordinary. It looks like he's mostly done short subjects and documentaries since then. And probably his work isn't as innovative as it used to be. That seems the norm for enfant terrible movie-makers--as they go from low budget avant garde to mainstream studio productions. Still I wouldn't walk into a Jarmusch movie with any expectations--that it would be good or bad, experimental or generic. However, he has a keen interest in music, so I would expect a worthwhile soundtrack.

    Whenever I hear "Way Back," I immediately think of the Way Back Machine on the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, with Mr. Peabody and Sherman. It's hard to believe anything about the Way Back isn't going to involve time travel.
    “Th-th-th-that's all folks!”

  8. #998
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    909

    Default

    You know your stuff, eh?

  9. #999
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    You know your stuff, eh?
    Ghost Dog is actually good

  10. #1000
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    Your Name, i was postponing it for a while, but i finally did it. It was good.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  11. #1001
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    8,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I haven't seen a Jim Jarmusch movie in years, but I well remember his first movie, STRANGER THAN PARADISE, that came out in 1984. That was the movie to see that year for all young film enthusiasts. Made for a very low budget, with minimal production values, it was the most unusual movie of the time. His next movie, DOWN BY LAW, was also something out of the ordinary. It looks like he's mostly done short subjects and documentaries since then. And probably his work isn't as innovative as it used to be. That seems the norm for enfant terrible movie-makers--as they go from low budget avant garde to mainstream studio productions. Still I wouldn't walk into a Jarmusch movie with any expectations--that it would be good or bad, experimental or generic. However, he has a keen interest in music, so I would expect a worthwhile soundtrack.
    I really haven't seen many Jim Jarmusch films... I think Broken Flowers (2005) and Coffee & Cigarettes (2003) are the only ones I've seen; so I can't comment too much on his style. Would you say he's more American's Ken Loach or American's Mike Leigh?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

  12. #1002
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,963

    Default

    Wow, are we really pretending that Jim Jarmusch sucks now?

    The Dead Don't Die wasn't great, but, I think up to Broken Flowers his filmography is solid. It isn't going to be for everyone, but what filmmaker is?

  13. #1003
    Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,685

    Default

    I watched Hunter/Killer late last night.

    Before that I watched the animated Batman: The Killing Joke for the first time.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

    Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

    "I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

  14. #1004
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    8,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wow, are we really pretending that Jim Jarmusch sucks now?
    Who said he sucked?????
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

  15. #1005
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    Watched a few things the last few days:

    Constantine
    The Losers
    Mission Impossible - Fallout
    Avengers
    La La Land
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •