Page 62 of 206 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

I finally saw Bumblebee last night. I actually quite enjoyed it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Godzilla King of Monsters. Not good. It wasn't the stupidity of the plot or the people were dumb. The Big monster battles were all done in misty, darkly lit scenes. Making it hard to see the FX. I did not care for the first Godzilla movie either, this one might have been worse. Hard to understand how the same producers made the enjoyable Kong, Skull Island.
    I was also watching it recently on HBO. The CGI didnt look good at times on my tv. Godzilla looked good but some of the other monsters were iffy, even with the dark lighting. I heard people rave about the movie so I was expecting more. Loved Skull Island so I'm still excited for the next movie.

Astonishing Member

Jane got a gun

Great short Western movie, where the female part is shown as a stand up woman, but not too tough that you feel like you are in an action movie. I think its done very right here...

Aeronauts. A wonderful, small adventure movie about ballooning in the 19th Century. Some stunning cinematography and FX and a woman as the action hero.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Godzilla King of Monsters. Not good. It wasn't the stupidity of the plot or the people were dumb. The Big monster battles were all done in misty, darkly lit scenes. Making it hard to see the FX. I did not care for the first Godzilla movie either, this one might have been worse. Hard to understand how the same producers made the enjoyable Kong, Skull Island.
    Funny I just watched Kong again last night. Great monster flick, I don't even think any of the Godzilla movies compare.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Knives Out.

Quite an enjoyable movie. Fun performances from some of my current acting faves.

Astonishing Member

Like a couple jokes didn't work for me but otherwise thought Sonic the Hedgehog was fantastic and I'd happily watch a duology/trilogy out if it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Went to see BIRDS OF PREY AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN, again, in the same theatre and in the same seat. And yes that's still the title of the movie--they haven't changed it--while the theatre ticket reads "BIRDS OF PREY" as it did on the previous ticket. So all this talk about the name being changed is a lot of noise.

I had to see it again, because the previous time I didn't sit all the way through the end credits. This time I did and there's just a very brief bit from Harley. Not as worthwhile as the bit at the end of ONCE UPON A TIME . . . IN HOLLYWOOD.
    My theater unfortunately glitched itself out of showing the full BOP credits but I liked the credits song. But, there was something else after the OUATIH credits? Extra reason to get the home release.

Retired

It's very brief, with just Harley's voice (no image), saying something like, you still here . . . Batman is-- And then the sound cuts out. That's not a perfect transcript, but it's something like that.

Also I forgot to look out for the TV scene where Arleen Sorkin is on DAYS OF OUR LIVES, dressed as a Harlequin. I remember that scene from when I saw it originally on DOOL, many years ago--but I didn't catch it either time in the movie.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 02-14-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Retired

Reviews of the new movie DOWNHILL were saying that it's a remake of a much better film called FORCE MAJEURE, which caught my interest so I watched that one. Quite a good movie--a Swedish movie made in France, with some awesome visuals. I kind of would like to see DOWNHILL, just because it was made in the Tyrol region of Austria--but I expect the actual movie would be painful to watch--maybe once it's available on video, I'll get it from the library and skip through the movie just to look at the scenery.

Astonishing Member

Event Horizon- the first time in my life I managed to sit through it.

Fractured- A bit repetitiv and the twist is almost logical after you saw the trailer, but it was a still okay movie.

Invincible Member

Three From Hell. I was disappointed. A couple of scenes didn't make sense and Sherie Moon just chewed a little too much scenery.

Watched Bad Boys for Life a few weeks ago. A really decent film and a good addition to the series

Finally saw Parasite, on Valentine's Day. A romantic movie! No, not really haha. It was largely what I had been expecting, but there were a couple of surprises and it did engender some good discussion over dinner afterwards. I'd recommend it if you haven't seen it already. Not a movie I'm going to ever see again, personally, but glad I saw it once.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I watched a bunch of stuff:

Widows - Not bad.
    Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - Not bad.
    Magnificent Seven (2016) - Man, I love the way this movie looks. Fuqua sure knows how to work with good cinematographers.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Retired

A friend of mine in Austria has just finished watching SUICIDE SQUAD and she really loved it, so she's asking me what film comes next after that one. Any ideas?