Page 214 of 214 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214
Results 3,196 to 3,207 of 3207
    Fantastic Member

watching Season 3 of Teen Wolf on Hulu this week

Extraordinary Member

Godzilla Minus One. I was really expecting this to be some pseudo -intellectual trash. Given all the talk about drama and psychology. But it was actually a real Godzilla movie that turned out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    watching Season 3 of Teen Wolf on Hulu this week
    You know that's not a movie, right?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Invincible Member

Fences (2016 ) directed by Denzel Washington. Starring Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Jovan Adepo. Based on an award winning stage plat by August Wilson, Washington stars as a middle aged man in the 50's struggling to support his family and dealing with his lost dreams and those of his sons.

Great acting by Denzel. If there's a problem with the film, its that it's not a great "cinema". There are spots where the fact that it was a stage play becomes overly obvious ( long monologues, scenes that are set up as if they're dialogue , but are exposition dumps, etc ) if that makes any sense...

But otherwise, well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Godzilla Minus One. I was really expecting this to be some pseudo -intellectual trash. Given all the talk about drama and psychology. But it was actually a real Godzilla movie that turned out pretty good.
    The talk about drama and character is because it has real human characters and the main characters' story is as central to the movie as Big G.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Iím not ashamed to say I wept a tear of relief and joy at the ending hospital scene.
    That was my ONLY, only gripe. Noriko, went through A lot lol.

spoilers:
    I had made peace with her clean death by atomic breath. The baby would have a single parent to came out of it. Nah, she just needed a bandage, IN my head cannon at least she lost that eye.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Fences (2016 ) directed by Denzel Washington. Starring Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Jovan Adepo. Based on an award winning stage plat by August Wilson, Washington stars as a middle aged man in the 50's struggling to support his family and dealing with his lost dreams and those of his sons.

Great acting by Denzel. If there's a problem with the film, its that it's not a great "cinema". There are spots where the fact that it was a stage play becomes overly obvious ( long monologues, scenes that are set up as if they're dialogue , but are exposition dumps, etc ) if that makes any sense...

But otherwise, well worth watching.
    A top 3 Denzel movie for me (Malcolm X, Mo' Betta). Fences is my shit. It is infinitely quotable, one of the most quotable Black movies ever imo. Up there with What's Love Got to Do With it, Coming to America and maybe Five Heartbeats, Color Purple. I could go on all day with Fences lol.

-How come you ain't never like me?

--Like you!? What law is there sayin I got to like you?

-None

--All right then, don't you eat every day? Answer me when I talk to you! Don't you eat every day!
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    You know that's not a movie, right?
    well, this is the only board to talk about stuff we're watching. Not just for movies

well, this is the only board to talk about stuff we're watching. Not just for movies
    Despite the thread's title?

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Despite the thread's title?
    I don't see a TV Shows you're watching thread at all.

The Last Movie you watched topic thread is THE only place that I've been coming to to reply to talk about not just movies I've been watching but also tv shows.

Period

I don't see a TV Shows you're watching thread at all.

The Last Movie you watched topic thread is THE only place that I've been coming to to reply to talk about not just movies I've been watching but also tv shows.

Period
    Most shows have their own individual threads. And there's nothing stopping you with creating your own thread about TV shows you are watching.

But you are right, I am amazed I even bothered to respond to something so trivial. I've been infected by Internetitis.

Watched North by Northwest for the 500th time last night...just made me want to turn around and watch it again. So good!
    I still don't understand the tiny razor gag. But it makes me laugh.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Invincible Member

Soylent Green ( 1973) directed by Richard Fleischer. Starring Charlton Heston, Leigh Taylor-Young, Chuck Connors and Edward G. Robinson. Set in the near future after an ecological disaster, Heston is a cop investigating the death of a corporate exec. The elites still have access to meat and vegetables but most of the poor live on processed food items made by the Soylent corporation. As Heston investigates the murder he slowly uncovers a deeper conspiracy.

I heard about this movie a long time ago ( and already knew the twist ending ), but never bothered to watch it start finish before. It's more interesting than I thought it would be. It's low budget, the fights are unconvincing, and Heston's character is supposed to be a tough cop, but he's really just kind of an asshole. Having said that, the movie does manage to imply some interesting things about poverty, corruption, and sex work. Logan's Run and Silent Running ( it's been a while since seen that one ) are better movies from the same era that touch on similar themes and ideas. But Soylent Green is a fun watch if your expectations aren't too high.