Page 134 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3110

A side note about Argo. In real life, the art boards done for the movie they said they were making were drawn by Jack Kirby.

Google Jack Kirby Argo to see them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I saw Argo (2012) and thought it was perfectly fine, but didn't really understand what all the fuzz had been about before I stopped and remembered: pretty much up to that point, Ben Affleck's career had turned into something of a joke. 'Argo' was part of his comeback as both a serious actor as well as director.
    The Town is an all-time favorite. Say about Aflek what you want but starring and directing and its on a level with The Town... How many have done that? Clint Eastwood probably and that's it.

The Room starring Tommy Wiseau. Now I can't decide whether he's a terrible actor or an acting genius. His acting is so hokey and bizarre that it has to be deliberate.

Astonishing Member

Black Widow

What a way to waste a great character like the Taskmaster. And the villain was lame, too.

The rest of the movie was fine enough.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Black Widow for me also.
    I have no strong feelings for Taskmaster but can agree turning the character into a cardboard 2-D version of the actual character was a waste. No personality and really that was the only missing element for the character. Even with the reveal of who was under the mask (which lets be honest, was easy to figure) it added little.

It really is an enjoyable well acted movie for what it is though.

Grade: B/B+
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring (Special Deluxe Edition DVD)
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Great Silence (1968). Always end up watching this in the summer for some reason but still one of my favorite Spaghetti Westerns.

The Ice Road (2021)

Decent action flick with Liam Neeson.

Over the last couple of days I watched the Special Extended Edition DVDs for:

The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers and The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Watched that Elisa Lam "documentary" on Netflix yesterday and man, the creepiest thing about that was by far the youtubers.

Sad story though.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Over the last couple of days I watched the Special Extended Edition DVDs for:

The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers and The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King.
    Which ones your favorite? The older I get for me only Fellowship holds up. There's great stuff in Two Towers (my favorite back then) and even Return. Aside from some CGI Fellowship is kinda perfect but nothing beats READING TOLKIEN. What an artist when it comes to utilizing language, myths and history.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Black Widow
    For the first movie I've seen in a multiplex since perhaps December 2019, it was well worth returning for as I thought it was great, a perfect summertime popcorn flick. ScarJo won't win any Best Actress honors, but she was in fine form, Florence Pugh was terrific as Yelena while David Harbour was a hoot as Red (and fat) Guardian. Admittedly, I wasn't too terribly keen on how Taskmaster was handled, but the big reveal when the mask came off took me completely by surprise. Can't wait to see BW again!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Which ones your favorite? The older I get for me only Fellowship holds up. There's great stuff in Two Towers (my favorite back then) and even Return. Aside from some CGI Fellowship is kinda perfect but nothing beats READING TOLKIEN. What an artist when it comes to utilizing language, myths and history.
    I like the first one as much as the next one or Return of the king. My favorite is always the one I am currently watching. But I can see your point with part one. I also have the feeling that I gets better every time I see it.

I read Tolkien and wouldn't do it again. I just did it because everyone was telling me I have to read Tolkien before seeing the movies. I put up with the three books of his and finished them properly, but I found it boring and exhausting.

In this case the movies are better then the books. (personal opinion, very subjective)

Detectorists, a show on Prime. Not a movie but, hey, sue me! Its about a couple of guys who are in a metal detecting club and stars the guy who played Arnim Zola on the MCU movies and some other pretty good actors.

Fun show.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

How I Became a Superhero. Small, French superpowers flick. Pretty good, but watch with subtitle, the dubbing is bad.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!