Page 30 of 204 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Retired

The main thing I know Idris Elba from is THE OFFICE. And he was mean to Jim. You aren't my friend if you're mean to Jim, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The main thing I know Idris Elba from is THE OFFICE. And he was mean to Jim. You aren't my friend if you're mean to Jim, ha ha.
    Didnt even know he was in that but since then hes been in everything and is almost always pretty good

Astonishing Member

IO- boring

Annihilation- another Netflix flick. Very interesting movie with a fantastic ending.

Triple Frontier- I like these kind of movies

Saw Green Book. Had a good time with it!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Watching Turn Up Charlie on Netflix. From the trailer I thought it was beneath Idris Elba(I know hes in New F&F movie) after watching a couple episodes and seeing his relationship what the other characters it makes sense why he did it. Now the music make me wanna cut my ears off but the characters are good. His relationship with the little girl is great
    I couldn't get into this cuz of the little brat lol. Strangely I found Juanita with Alfre Woodard more watchable. The Blair Underwood stuff is funny lol.

BANNED

Just came back from watching Alita: Battle Angel. OMG what a great, great film and exactly what I needed to wash my mind of the horrible memories of the Captain Marvel film. Alita truly embodied what being a hero is all about. You can be strong yet kind and gentle. I hope the film gets a sequel.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. It's just getting to stupid. From the impossible behavior of the dinos to the idiotic idea they would make a good battlefield weapon.
    The franchise has lost it's wonder.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Just came back from watching Alita: Battle Angel. OMG what a great, great film and exactly what I needed to wash my mind of the horrible memories of the Captain Marvel film. Alita truly embodied what being a hero is all about. You can be strong yet kind and gentle. I hope the film gets a sequel.
    This comparison is very common on the internet, a shock to the norm, an anime movie is superior to an MCU one.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    They are entirely different movies, and Alita had its flaws, but I agree as a comparison between the two that Alita wins. You'll believe a CGI, big-eyed, half-robotic, beheaded anime girl can feel!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

GHOSTBUSTERS: Answer the Call

This movie is worse than I remember. First time I saw it I thought it was mediocre and forgettable with moments of making Krytin Wiig too stupid, but this time I cringed a lot more.
    Thor being overly stupid was never unnoticeable.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

Bumblebee- I marked out the 1st 10mins seeing the gen 1 Transformers but this felt like a chick flick. Shoulda had waaay more robot action and less teen angst. I think it would have done better if it stuck to the action formula. Still enjoyable but definitely a departure.

Fantastic Member

Hateship Loveship. Charming little movie based on a short story by Alice Munro.

Retired

CHAOS THEORY (2008), a small Ryan Reynolds movie, made in British Columbia. I'm happy that Reynolds is always looking for projects to film in his home province. Nice location shots. The Gabriola Island ferry plays a key part in the plot.

Ultimate Member

Studio 54 A documentary about the two men behind the famous disco. I learned some things. 3 stars.

Coco, any Pixar movies that don't make you cry?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!