Page 189 of 208 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3114

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Reptile-Excelente...a milfy Alicia Silverstone is a plus.
    Saw it too, a nice modern noir film.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Watched John Wick 4 again.
    I am sorry I missed it in a theater as the Sound adds a lot more to the movie. I initially watched it on a Plane ride and thought it was meh.
    I will upgrade the meh to pretty good as the sound and cinematography were top notch and little nuances throughout the movie added to it. The fight through the apartment, shot overhead, looked really cool and the fight on the Champs-Elysées was equally impressive. The fight on the steps reminded me of a video game where you had to fight to the top and if you lost you got knocked down and had to start over. It was pretty decent.
    I really respected John Wick on how he tried to "fix" all the lives he fudged up and tried to set them all even before the end...
    It looked like there may not be a 5 but there are subtle hints that not all are as they seem...
    And the dude with the Dog, why was he there? He did some stuff but just seemed to always be in the background but I did love how he seemed to change his motivation through the movie.
    So yeah, the more I talk about it, the better I liked it...It's a solid 7 now...

Glad you liked it kraz. Not a movie for a plane.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Saw it too, a nice modern noir film.
    Yeah I plan on watching it again.

Invincible Member

Personal Shopper (2016) directed by Olivier Assayas, starring Kristen Stewart. Drama with Stewart as the personal asst to a celebrity in Paris. She hardly sees her boss face to face and spends much of her free time trying to contact the spirit of her deceased brother. She ultimately begins a "relationship" with an unknown person contacting her via text. While there are some thriller elements, I'd say it's more a character piece.

I haven't seen a ton of Stewert's work, but I was impressed with her here. Moody and dark and mostly smart, I really enjoyed it.

BANNED

movies ive watched on Tubi this weekend

Santa Claus the Movie
    House Party 1
    David Cronenberg's Rabid
    Ghostheads which was ok but not great.

rest of this weekend I'm watching on Tubi: House Party 2 and 3, and Just One of the Guys

Extraordinary Member

M.I Dead Reckoning. Top notch action thriller. Probably a case of Tom going to the well one too many times. But I'm interested in seeing part 2.

Arrival. I remember seeing this on HBO a couple of years ago and didn’t appreciate it for what it is at that time. A genuinely thought-provoking film about human perception, communication and memory. The twist at the end is pretty decent. Not shocking, but a solid landing.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Rewatching An Action Hero (2022).

Astonishing Member

Shazam 2 Fury of the Gods

A don't take me too seriously superhero movie for a nice slow Sunday evening.

Astonishing Member

Today I watched “Mean Streets” directed by the one and only Marty Scorsese.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Invincible Member

Bird Box (2018) starring Sandra Bullock . Drama/horror flick about people trying to survive in world where humans go crazy and kill themselves or others if they see the monsters. Pretty decent. I don't know why I put off watching it for so long.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Rewatching An Action Hero (2022).
    What American streamer is this on?

Extraordinary Member

No one lives-Whooooo! They don't make em like that no more lol. Def a modern grind house classic.

I saw The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial today.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.