Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Hey, are there any youtube reviewers that do a good job of actually reviewing the movie? After I watch a movie I like to see what reviewers have said about it, but most of what comes up on youtube is the same two guys who both do schtick and even when they like a movie it's only an opportunity to try out their comedy act. Grace Randolph has been good of late--even when I don't agree with her--but only by comparison with those really snarky dudes, as she can be abrasive as well. Nobody seems interested in doing a straight review of a movie, where they look at what the movie tried to accomplish and how well it succeeded in doing that. Then again, this could be because solid reviews don't get enough likes and get buried--while histrionics are rewarded and rise to the top.
    One of my recommendations is GoodBadFlicks on Youtube. He generally does the "jokes as commentary" style reviews and behind-the-scenes videos for B-Movies, cult classics, and exploitation cinema but he also posts reviews for new releases which are nothing but his straight thoughts for the film. Not sure if he has done too many of those recently though for the big blockbuster pictures as not many have shown up in my Youtube feed.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 08-31-2018 at 09:49 PM.