Page 140 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3085

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    The Punisher (1989):

It has problems holding it down in the level of average movie, but it has enough clever lines and some creative action decisions that makes it a fun experience.
    This movie doesn't get the credit for being the leader of the new school, that usually goes to Batman 1989. I remember seeing the movie poster at C.G. Murphy's (for the old school'ers) and snatching it up, still have it. It's uhh, a tough movie to like but I agree with Speed Force, it has it's moments. Then too even with Jane actually rocking the Skull, this one is arguably more enjoyable. Which reminds me I've still got to sit through War Zone one of these days.

Shoutout to Dolph Lundgren, mans was He-Man, Ivan Drago AND the first on-screen version of Frank Castle in a what, 3 year period. That's a hell of a grip of work for any actor by today's standard.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Saw The Godfather, Part II after first seeing it many, many years ago. Incredible movie. Pacino and De Niro in their prime.

Was also paying close attention this time around to Lee Strasberg as Hyman Roth and Diane Keaton's small but powerful part as Kay Corleone. Amazing cast all around. Interweaving of the young Vito Corleone scenes into Michael's story was pretty masterful too.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Inception(2010).

It still holds up. I prefer it to Tenet. The final act is easier and it has a stronger emotional undercurrent.
    Inception is a masterpiece. And yes, it is easier to follow because it is in straight linear time, even if that time is occurring at four different speeds.
    Tenet has time moving backward and forward, sometimes in the same scene. It is very ambitious, but it does take a lot of thinking to stay with the plot. It is a movie that needs two or three viewings.
    Inception is the better film, but I think many dismissed Tenet because it is a confusing film.
    I had no problem following Inception when I first saw it. A long as I kept track of the various dream layers, it wasn't confusing.
    With Tenet, I had to go back and think about it and rewatch some to follow the back and forth time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Kate on Netflix. Okay action, Winstead is good. Derivative script.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Cruella. Wow very good movie and performances. And great music. Not sure how one couldn't like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Cruella. Wow very good movie and performances. And great music. Not sure how one couldn't like this one.
    Agreed, surprised how much fun it was. Funny how they can make such duds like Mulan and Aladin (I know it was a hit, but I thought it was a bore) and then a live action from a cartoon like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Agreed, surprised how much fun it was. Funny how they can make such duds like Mulan and Aladin (I know it was a hit, but I thought it was a bore) and then a live action from a cartoon like this.
    I haven't seen Mulan or Aladin. But with Cruella they had a new story to tell and a lot of freedom to tell it. I loved it. The directing, the production design, the acting. It was all top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I haven't seen Mulan or Aladin. But with Cruella they had a new story to tell and a lot of freedom to tell it. I loved it. The directing, the production design, the acting. It was all top notch.
    I think that is why Cruella worked. I get that most of the live action remakes were successful, but the ones that weren't shot for shot redos, like Lion King, Beauty and Aladin, weren't worth watching in my opinion.
    Give me more Cruella, Jungle Book and Malificent.

I saw Shang-Chi and the Legend Of The Ten Rings today.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw Shang-Chi and the Legend Of The Ten Rings today.
    And? Whacha think?

Incredible Member

Just home from Dune. It’s fantastic and everything I had hoped for it to be. Go see it so we get the second part

I think it is cleverly done in a way that also people who didn’t read the books can enjoy it (my colleague who hasn’t read it also thought the movie was amazing). Cast, visuals, soundtrack (!), important story beats are all spot on.

Very happy and I hope the second part gets made. I will definitely go and see it again and I don’t do repeat viewings at the cinema often.
    Last edited by Foxy; 09-20-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And? Whacha think?
    I loved it. Probably more than I thought I would.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Dune

I feel indifferent about it. I know nothing about the book, just played the game a long time ago and have seen the original movie. (I almost switched it off)

Great cast, sound and pictures for the new one, thats for sure. But it didnt move me in any way because I couldn't get invested in the characters. Left me cold, but I will go see the second part when it comes out.

By the way, where did the Baron Harkonnen get his powers? Or what are even his powers. I don't understand the character.
    Last edited by DanMad1977; 09-22-2021 at 04:37 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Dune

I feel indifferent about it. I know nothing about the book, just played the game a long time ago and have seen the original movie. (I almost switched it off)

Great cast, sound and pictures for the new one, thats for sure. But it didnt move me in any way because I couldn't get invested in the characters. Left me cold, but I will go see the second part when it comes out.

By the way, where did the Baron Harkonnen get his powers? Or what are even his powers. I don't understand the character.
    He doesn’t have powers in the books. If you refer to the floating, the reason for that is that he is using some sort of anti-gravity device to help him move. At least that’s how it is in the books. The closest anyone comes to a superpower is the voice and general foresight of the Bene Gesserit sisterhood.

Edit: that’s based in my knowledge of solely the first book.
    Last edited by Foxy; 09-22-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    He doesn’t have powers in the books. If you refer to the floating, the reason for that is that he is using some sort of anti-gravity device to help him move. At least that’s how it is in the books. The closest anyone comes to a superpower is the voice and general foresight of the Bene Gesserit sisterhood.

Edit: that’s based in my knowledge of solely the first book.
    Yes, I meant the floating. I read too much superhero comics, so I thought he could fly, lol.