Page 67 of 208 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3110
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watched last night:

Knives Out!
    A wickedly clever and intriguing whodunit with a terrific ensemble cast featuring General Chang (Christopher Plummer), Captain America (Chris Evans), Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis), Sonny Crockett (Don Johnson) and James Bond (Daniel Craig). In my humble opinion, I thought Craig stole the show as hokey private eye Benoit Blanc, I found him far more entertaining in that role than I have with him as 007.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Jim Jarmusch
    I have to look him up to be warned about his next movie

Ghost in the Shell. Gotta say, it was a fun movie.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

I haven't seen a Jim Jarmusch movie in years, but I well remember his first movie, STRANGER THAN PARADISE, that came out in 1984. That was the movie to see that year for all young film enthusiasts. Made for a very low budget, with minimal production values, it was the most unusual movie of the time. His next movie, DOWN BY LAW, was also something out of the ordinary. It looks like he's mostly done short subjects and documentaries since then. And probably his work isn't as innovative as it used to be. That seems the norm for enfant terrible movie-makers--as they go from low budget avant garde to mainstream studio productions. Still I wouldn't walk into a Jarmusch movie with any expectations--that it would be good or bad, experimental or generic. However, he has a keen interest in music, so I would expect a worthwhile soundtrack.

Whenever I hear "Way Back," I immediately think of the Way Back Machine on the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, with Mr. Peabody and Sherman. It's hard to believe anything about the Way Back isn't going to involve time travel.

Astonishing Member

You know your stuff, eh?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    You know your stuff, eh?
    Ghost Dog is actually good

Your Name, i was postponing it for a while, but i finally did it. It was good.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I haven't seen a Jim Jarmusch movie in years, but I well remember his first movie, STRANGER THAN PARADISE, that came out in 1984. That was the movie to see that year for all young film enthusiasts. Made for a very low budget, with minimal production values, it was the most unusual movie of the time. His next movie, DOWN BY LAW, was also something out of the ordinary. It looks like he's mostly done short subjects and documentaries since then. And probably his work isn't as innovative as it used to be. That seems the norm for enfant terrible movie-makers--as they go from low budget avant garde to mainstream studio productions. Still I wouldn't walk into a Jarmusch movie with any expectations--that it would be good or bad, experimental or generic. However, he has a keen interest in music, so I would expect a worthwhile soundtrack.
    I really haven't seen many Jim Jarmusch films... I think Broken Flowers (2005) and Coffee & Cigarettes (2003) are the only ones I've seen; so I can't comment too much on his style. Would you say he's more American's Ken Loach or American's Mike Leigh?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Wow, are we really pretending that Jim Jarmusch sucks now?

The Dead Don't Die wasn't great, but, I think up to Broken Flowers his filmography is solid. It isn't going to be for everyone, but what filmmaker is?

I watched Hunter/Killer late last night.

Before that I watched the animated Batman: The Killing Joke for the first time.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wow, are we really pretending that Jim Jarmusch sucks now?
    Who said he sucked?????
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Watched a few things the last few days:

Constantine
    The Losers
    Mission Impossible - Fallout
    Avengers
    La La Land
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The Hunt. Was a really good movie. Not a horror movie at all just a gory comedy. Fun as helll too watch. Left or right of the isle D or R can enjoy the movie. It makes fun of the far left and far right. Only political agenda is that extremes on either side are silly.

Extraordinary Member

Bloodshot, pretty fun sci-fi actioner. If there's a part 2 I'm there

Astonishing Member

Sliver:

Cheeeesyyyy...I remembered it as a really good thriller, but its dated now. I somehow liked it anyway.