Page 130 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3109
    Astonishing Member

A Quiet Place Part II.

A pretty good sequel to the original, even if the mystery aura of the monsters starts being chipped away. But I guess that was going to be inevitable when getting new movies, like with the original Alien.

And even if it was accompanied by the typical "horror movie character does something very stupid" scene, I was touched by the revelation that Emmett spoilers:
    left his wife's dead body to rot since digging a grave in the open wasn't a good option.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Wildling; 06-12-2021 at 10:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Resident Evil 1-3

Its a shame that they didnt get what RE 1 was all about. The movies are totally different in tone. The first one was ok (not compared to the game) the second one was boring and the third one was in between.

Batman Begins

On a nostalgia kick, I watched this one for the I Don't Know The Number time. All I could think about is how hard I was on that movie when it first came out, picking on every little thing. But now I just love every moment. And the soundtrack, which is kinda underrated.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Batman Begins

On a nostalgia kick, I watched this one for the I Don't Know The Number time. All I could think about is how hard I was on that movie when it first came out, picking on every little thing. But now I just love every moment. And the soundtrack, which is kinda underrated.
    Same here. Maybe I'm just a split personality of yours?

I tried Fincher's Mank for the 2nd time and turned it off again.

Just finally finished Diabolique (1955) on HBO Max. That was pretty fantastic on a first watch if you're not sure what you're getting. I remember when Bound came out, it was supposedly similar but I only sat through it cause... Tilly, she had some moments. Diabolique is long but it's funny in a lot of places and of course there is a character who kinda falls out of the sky at the end but ****, it was pretty unsettling at the end. Simone Signoret was pretty hot in it too. It wasn't til later where I started to feel like damn, there's got to be an easier way to leave your wife lol.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Surf, you should also watch The Wages of Fear, Clouzot's other masterpiece.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Surf, you should also watch The Wages of Fear, Clouzot's other masterpiece.
    The wife plays in that per the Wiki. Noted.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Same here. Maybe I'm just a split personality of yours?

I tried Fincher's Mank for the 2nd time and turned it off again.
    Mank sounds like it really ought to be a good film.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I really liked Mank. Guess it depends on how much you are a fan of Citizen Kane.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I really liked Mank. Guess it depends on how much you are a fan of Citizen Kane.
    Oldman is great as expected and there's witty dialogue but overall its too many old timey studio insider jokes for me

Oldman is great as expected and there's witty dialogue but overall its too many old timey studio insider jokes for me
    I think it helps to be well versed in Hollywood history of that time and especially that around Citizen Kane.

I think it helps to be well versed in Hollywood history of that time and especially that around Citizen Kane.
    I wanted to like Mank but Ed Brubaker did it better with Fade Out and Tarrantino with Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. Not to bash Fincher. Still love the guy. I will rewatch Mank in a few years and maybe get more out of it.

I really liked Mank too, I'd give it four stars. But it COULD HAVE been better, that I do accept.

I wanted to like Mank but Ed Brubaker did it better with Fade Out and Tarrantino with Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. Not to bash Fincher. Still love the guy. I will rewatch Mank in a few years and maybe get more out of it.
    I'm not sure Tarantino and Fincher were going for the same vibe. AT ALL. Tarantino in no way tried to capture the essence of 60s cinema in that film, in how it was shot, in the style of writing and narrative, which was very much Fincher's focus for 'Mank'.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-17-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I'm not sure Tarantino and Fincher were going for the same vibe. AT ALL. Tarantino in no way tried to capture the essence of 60s cinema in that film, in how it was shot, in the style of writing and narrative, which was very much Fincher's focus for 'Mank'.
    I wasn't analyzing technique and judged it purely on an entertainment level for me personally on that day. It will get another chance and it sure is in many ways a much better movie compared to 85% of the stuff I watch regularly. Also I compared it to a graphic novel about Hollywood and another movie about Hollywood with a different goal. Its just me "shooting from the hip".

Astonishing Member

Finished the whole Resident Evil film series. I don't know how I got through them.

Its boom bang crash, slow mo, fast cut, slow mo, no plot, Millas ass shot, fast cut, boom boom boom, ass shot, fast cut....and so on for 6 movies.