Page 122 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3085

I saw News Of The World tonight and I really enjoyed it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017)

There is something endearing about all the crap in this version, I have a fun experience with it and I'm glad it exists.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017)

There is something endearing about all the crap in this version, I have a fun experience with it and I'm glad it exists.
    Probably the superhero movie I hate the most. Just mediocre to bad in every way for me. Add the money grubbing studio execs and the unpleasant experience for actors and directors JL makes me sad and angry. No interest in watching JL second try by director no. 1. Just a fine example of how not to make a movie for future generations

Retired

DAMN YANKEES (1958), directed by George Abbott, based on the Broadway musical (book by George Abbott and Douglas Wallop), starring Tab Hunter, Gwen Verdon and Ray Walston.

I watched FOSSE/VERDON a few weeks ago, so I wanted to see this movie, which I got from the library. I've never seen this before--only a few clips on youtube--and it was a complete surprise what it was actually about.

I can imagine on stage this was really something to see, but I found myself losing interest until Gwen Verdon finally came on the screen. Every scene she's in is absolutely fabulous. But other parts of the movie, the direction and camera work just has no zing. And even the choreography by Bob Fosse can seem phoned in, when it doesn't feature Verdon.

It's an odd sort of TWILIGHT ZONE plot and it could have been better adapted to the screen to take advantage of its arcane circumstances. The movie just comes to an end, without a big finish. I was expecting a spectacular musical dance number at the end, but no dice.

Still, to see Gwen Verdon in action it was worth it. And I figure that Ray Walston and Jean Stapleton won their T.V. roles, in MY FAVORITE MARTIAN and ALL IN THE FAMILY respectively, based in part on their work in the original Broadway production and in this movie adaptation.

Good ol' Beetlejuice.

Just wanted some classic comedy and sure enough once again that movie didn't fail in entertaining me.

Ahhh, Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Michael Keaton...one of my personal and favorite "madeleine de Proust".

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Ahhh, Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Michael Keaton...one of my personal and favorite "madeleine de Proust".
    *Winona Ryder just entered the chat*
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Gang Related (1997)
    Tupac’s final movie role

The A-Team (2010)

A fun romp.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-27-2021 at 09:29 PM.

The Last Unicorn

I think it's a little rough around the edges, it could have been better. Do I like it? No, but Christopher Lee liked it, so I guess that adds to the film's value.
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Probably the superhero movie I hate the most. Just mediocre to bad in every way for me. Add the money grubbing studio execs and the unpleasant experience for actors and directors JL makes me sad and angry. No interest in watching JL second try by director no. 1. Just a fine example of how not to make a movie for future generations
    Can't blame you for thinking that way, and I do feel especially sorry for poor Ray Fisher. But the way Steppenwolf keeps calling mother boxes 'MOTHER' is scene chewing hilarity I love to experience every now and then, and now that I know how quick every scene moves and how much is cut from scenes is a surprising laugh for me.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Invincible Member

"Lady Punisher" AKA Peppermint starring Jennifer Garner. Two and half stars. Pretty by the number action revenge flick. Having said that, it's entertaining for what it is. Garner can still pull of actions scenes, but also convincing during the first act "mourning" scenes. It made me want to see her in more high profile dramas.

Astonishing Member

Project Power

Mostly boring

"Good Omens" i thought it was tons of fun.

Incredible Member

i just saw the first episode of creepshow and very surprised to see ted raimi , the necronomicon and the deadites that wasn't on a evil dead movie or series there. fun little segment.

Astonishing Member

Captive State

It was more about the people than the aliens.

Starting watching "Judas and The Black Messiah" on YouTube.

Daniel Kaluuya owns his first scene.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-06-2021 at 07:09 PM.