Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1318
    Extraordinary Member

Jumanji 2. This was waay better than I thought it was gonna be. I liked the first one but the commercials with the Rock doing his Danny DeVito thing didn't look right to me. But it actually worked in the movie.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Bruce Lee being a bit of a jerk is probably a compliment from Tarantino, since Tarantino himself is a bit of a jerk--and his movies always have characters that are jerks but still good guys (as opposed to the characters that are jerks but bad guys). The fact that Lee was friends with Sharon Tate counts in his favour, as one of the good guys. Besides the fact that Lee taught martial arts to Tate, Roman Polanski and Steve McQueen (the guy who's career Rick Dalton could have had), Polanski had thought that Lee might have done the murders, before the Manson Family were proven to be responsible. So Quentin is tipping his hat to that part of the story.
    Good to let me know. I expected Manson to be a much bigger part of the tale but maybe he was the joke Tarantino let's us believe he was

Nothing revolutionary but I decided to watch the sequel to Red based on Warren Ellis' indie book. I didn't even know there was a sequel. I saw the first one in theaters and enjoyed it. This one was fun, though I didn't like it as much as the first. The acting was good which is not surprising with most of its cast. The humor bits were funny though it did get a bit repetitive later. The action was well done even if it was pretty basic. The plot wasn't that different to your usual plot of this genre but again but still pretty enjoyable.

Next Brit Indie comic/graphic novel adaptation: Kingsman. I kind of ruined it though from watching the action clips on You Tube.

Incredible Member

The Platform or El Hoyo

A Netflix movie (so they say, probably bought in)

WTF? It has a great idea and a good moral story. A one of a kind horror, mystery story. Try it!

Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar

I saw The Man Who Invented Christmas last night. It was recommended to me by an author friend of mine and I finally got around to watching. I really enjoyed it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Man of Steel.

Isn't that the weirdest thing? Great casting, pretty solid visual, good script overall save for a couple of oddities and yet, it comes out as "just" a decent movie for me.

That's Snyder for you. He's like a reversed philosopher stone, it can turn gold into lead.

HULK (2003)

Still watching it, I'm midway through it actually. They needed to record voices with higher volume to sound clearer, that's my main gripe with this movie.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Watched the second season of Netflix' Lost in Space.

I enjoyed it fine. Some bullshit here and there but you know, all in all that's fine.

And i love them Robinsons, the five actors are decent enough in their respective roles. Even Smith is way better. Creepy instead of just pathetic and weird. Great improvement.

Incredible Member

Godzilla King of Monsters (the new one)

I love that dude so much, that I forgot how bad that movie was. But you know what? It's Godzilla. Godzilla movies can do everything they want and get away with it. Now I want to see Godzilla vs Kong

I watched Real Steel for the first time last night. It's the first Rocky movie with robots. No need to ever watch it again.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Watched “Daylight”. Good, underrated disaster flick

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Watched “Daylight”. Good, underrated disaster flick
    The one with Sylvester Stallone? I always liked that one.

I watched the original Star Wars movie tonight.

"At Eternity's Gate" Haunting movie about Van Gogh. Defoe gives a great performance.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

City Of God. Excellent.

Astonishing Member

“Adventures of Robin Hood” from 1938. It was kind fo weird to watch it this time while focusing on the score - I’d always note dit before when I was a kid, but I’ve been reading up on how it’s basically the product of an incredibly over-qualified composer who was going to turn down the adventure film as “lite entertainment,” only for the Nazis to chase him out of Austria two days later and basically create the modern conception of adventure film composing with leit motifs for adventure heroes and scores made for specific action sequences.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734