Page 201 of 208 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3111

Oppenheimer(2023).

Nolan's masterpiece.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-20-2024 at 12:28 PM.

Rocky 2-4

Had so much fun with these, and then I decided to watch that bad Peter and Wendy flick, which I enjoyed, but it's certainly not great.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Most people argue about which one is the better movie, Part 1 or 2? I am camp Part 2, but Rocky 6 is also great.
    This year I enjoyed Rocky 2 more than the first

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    What? No 3? No 5? I love em all.

The Creed movies are good, too. But they lack something and I don't know what.
    I'm happy to see more Rocky 5 fans.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

After Hours (1985) - Scorcese's cult film masterpiece. Free on Tubi right now.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Rocky 2-4

Had so much fun with these, and then I decided to watch that bad Peter and Wendy flick, which I enjoyed, but it's certainly not great.

This year I enjoyed Rocky 2 more than the first

I'm happy to see more Rocky 5 fans.
    I never understood the hate for R5. It wasn't flashy and comic books like part 3 and 4, it was more character driven. I think people disliked it, because it had no real boxing match at the end.

Wish (2023)---Meh...It was ok for a kids movie. Nothing really memorable in it nor the songs for me. The GF loved it as did the kiddo, so it did it's job. Alan Tudyk is a national treasure...

Astonishing Member

The Snow Society

Really gross, had to look away a few times. I'd rather see a horror movie than this.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

My cinema chain has been doing a Sci-Fi season so last week I saw Blade Runner and tonight is Blade Runner 2049. Next week will, of course, be Dune Part II.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Blue Beetle

Uninspired and dull. At least the cgi was good this time.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Mechanic: Resurrection
    Jason Statham
    Grade: B-

Just looking at the aggregate IMDB/RT scores you'd think this was going to be bad. I'm often curious what type film the folks that graded it so lowly thought they were queuing up for anyway. Can an action film be "deeper" and have a tight narrative, sure if Tom Cruise is involved or the Broccolis are making a Bond. The narrative moves fast, that is actually part of the schtick here. The guy framing Stathams character Arthur Bishop wants 3 kills within days. One has to suspend some logic here as sequences move from point A->B->C to allow Bishop the kills. Jessica Alba is being held hostage and at a few points they allow her character to not just be damsel in distress. Nice small role for Tommy Lee Jones here as an Arms Dealer.
    I had never made time for this but after seeing Beekeeper recently decided to rectify that. Mechanic 2 Resurrection was not a financially strong entry so this is likely it but if not I'd take another Mechanic film.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Poor Things- My favorite parts were the "furious jumping" lol. Funny at certain times sad at others. Wouldn't be surprised if Stone won an oscar for this.

Invincible Member

Logan Run ( 1976 ) starring Michael York, Jenny Agutter, and Richard Jordan and guest starring Farrah Fawcett-Majors and Peter Ustinov. Sci-Fi tale set in a future where people live perfect lives in a domed city, but you can only live to the age of 30. Once you reach that age you must participate in something called Carrousel for a chance to be reborn. People who refuse are called Runners and are hunted down by future police called Sandmen. Logan 5 is a Sandman who is forced to become a Runner and is joined by a woman named Jessica 6. As they try to escape, they question everything they thought they knew about the world and grow closer together.

I haven't seen this since I was a kid and forgot a big chunk of it, but despite being dated in some ways, I think it mostly holds up. Well paced, decent acting and I liked a lot of the concepts. I did think the model or whatever they used for the cityscape looked kind of odd. Overall, I remained pretty engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ong-Bak: Thai Warrior ( 2003 ). Starring Tony Jaa. Bandits steal the head of sacred statue from a small village. A young martial artist promises to get it back. Along the way teams up with a gambler formerly from the same village and a spunky girl side-kick. Not terribly complex but a lot of fun. Really good fight scenes and it moves along at a pretty quick pace.
    Trying to figure out if all Ong-Bak films have the same plot, or whether the original was given a subtitle where you live for no apparent reason

Logan's Run (free on Tubi right now). It is a classic in cinema and actually foreshadows some of the technology we use today - portable handheld devices, AI, personal computers, internet dating, plastic surgery using lasers, water reclamation, sustainable renewable energy. Some of that tech was in an infancy stage back then. Pretty impressive film, technologically, for the 1970s. The use of color in the costumes, scenery and technology is something to watch for as it is very symbolic.

Still its so bonkers to me that when they finally get outside the city, the only guy they find is a crazy cat man.

I watched it with my 23-year-old son and it reminded him of Thor Ragnarok, interestingly.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

still busy with Freddy vs Jason for DVD this weekend but I noticed on Tubi that they just added the Batman Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 and 2 moves and Green Lantern First Flight movie

Invincible Member

Zack Snyder's Magnificent Samuri Meet the Space Nazis Part 1 ( 2023 ) I thought it was ok. I almost forgot it wasn't a Star Wars movie ( yes, I'm aware it's a reworking of a rejected SW pitch ). While Sofia Boutella hit a couple of wrong notes as far as dramatic acting, I mostly into bought her as action hero. I thought everyone else did fine with what they had. Ed Skrein stood out as the main villain. While I don't think the visuals were bad, I do think it looked kind of "muddy" at times ( if that makes sense ).

Hot Take: While Rebel Moon is a lot more ambitious and has a grander scale, Sucker Punch was probably better at hitting it's own more humble mark.

Hot Take #2: If this were an official Star Wars movie, we would had a hundred videos about how "woke" it is.

Hot Take #3: Why are we forgetting that Roger Corman did this movie 40 yrs ago as "Battle Beyond the Stars"?
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-07-2024 at 07:42 AM.