Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208
Results 3,106 to 3,110 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    on Netflix right now, I'm watching Conan the Destroyer even though I've seen it a gazillion times before already
    Got a big soft spot for that movie. You've got Grace Jones, Wilt Chamberlain, a great wizard battle, Olivia D'Abo, and to top it off Ursula herself as the evil queen. I'd see it in theatres if I could. Just take my money!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Abigail. Loved it, I also liked the previous comedy horror vampire movie, Renfield (I missed The Last Voyage of the Demeter which I assume is not comedic at all). Too bad it seems to be flopping like those movies but vampire movies in general look like box office poison now, years removed from the bestsellers adapting Interview with the Vampire and Twilight movies that had hot stars (not that Abigail doesn't have a little for everyone with the likes of Melissa Barrera, Kathryn Newton and Giancarlo Esposito). But even 30 Days of Night in 2007 only seemed to become a small hit. I hope Abigail becomes a hit at least in streaming.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just went and looked this up on IMDB which has the trailer. It is from 1992, but Sue Price isn't listed in the credits. Is this the wrong Nemesis film? Sue Price is listed in the sequels 2-5.

There is strong imagery that invokes 1999s Matrix. Then it also borrows from Terminator(which borrowed from Westworld) and elements of Robocop(which Universal Soldier did as well, also 1992 release).
    Ups, my fault. Sue Price came later, yes. She had an incredible physic. I just loved to see her run around almost naked and see those muscles work. That alone was worth watching Nemesis.

BoyKillsWorld---7 out of 10
    Good action. Good story. Good laughs. Excessive blood and gore. Kept me entertained the whole time. spoilers:
    Nice little twist at the end I did not see coming. Not the sister but the mother. I figured out the Sister right away, but the mother and shaman had me all "oh s#!t" but they set it up nicely.
    end of spoilers

The trailers beforehand showed a lot of movies that are coming out this summer that are chocked full of blood and gore. So if you like that, this is the summer for you!

Invincible Member

Sounder ( 1972 ) directed by Martin Ritt. Starring Cicely Tyson, Paul Winfield and Kevin Hooks. Quiet story about a family of black sharecroppers in the 30's. They fall on uncertain times after an incident involving the father. The oldest son struggles to understand his place in the world.

Well acted by the leads, and nicely shot. The movie takes a leisurely when is comes to the plot, but it never seems boring. Heartwarming and charming.