Page 109 of 208 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3116

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I didn't see it but loved the other one. Is this one at least worth seeing, on any level?
    No, it's truly a nightmare. They somehow managed to remove everything funny, empowering, clever and moving. It's impressive in a way.

Now Mulan is China's Rey. She doesn't solve problems anymore using her brain but her sweet, sweet magical powers. Remember those magical powers she doesn't have in the animated movie? They are back.

Anyway, i did watch a movie recently, and a good one at that. Pee Mak, 2013, a comedy/horror film from Thailand.

Decent humor, a couple of creepy scenes and a very, very, very sweet ending. Go watch it and no need to thank me, you're so very welcome.

A point who can be confusing though for us crazy people from the west is when is that stuff actually happening and which war is that? So, after some research it seems that the story is taking place during the 19th century and the said war would be Siam vs some neighbor. (seems like they were very often in conflict back then)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'll have to take your word on that. After seeing LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBAR in 1977, I always assumed that was reality.
    Heh. I haven’t seen Goodbar. But let me emphasize the “rom-com” in my description. The movie is realistic for that genre.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Retired

After rewatching 1933's INVISIBLE MAN, I figured the next movie I should rewatch for Hallowe'en is AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981). The two movies actually have a lot of similarities--but the love interest in AMERICAN WEREWOLF is vitally important to the movie. Jenny Agutter is the heart and soul of this horror film (I'm a big Jenny Agutter fan). I really enjoyed watching it again.

Jenny Agutter made Logan's Run a hell of a lot better than it would have been otherwise, too!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Amazing Member

Watched some Bigfoot horror movies recently.

Abominable (2006) A bit of a takeoff on "Rear Window", a recovering paraplegic looks on as a group of women in the cabin next door are targeted by bigfoot. Pretty decent looking bigfoot and pacing. Probably my favorite of the three.

Big Legend (2018) After his fiancee is taken by something in the woods a man goes back for closure and revenge. A poacher teams up with him to track down bigfoot. Not necessarily a bad movie but it's a bit slow, needed more bigfoot. The final fight is pretty good with a decent looking bigfoot. Sets up sequels with possibly more cryptids.

Primal Rage (2018) A woman picks up her husband after he is released from a prison in the middle of a mountain/forest. They stop in the middle of nowhere after they hit a man that stumbled into the road from the woods and are then stalked and attacked by a (sort of) bigfoot. Except this isnt a regular bigfoot but a pretty smart one. It uses makeshift armor for protection and camouflage, as well as stone weapons and a bow. There is also a side plot about a native american police chief reconnecting with his culture kind of. Unfortunately there is also a bigfoot on woman assault, which I mean kinda took me out of the movie. It also drags in the middle. The creature design I thought looked really good and I liked the idea of a smart bigfoot, but that interspecies stuff is a bit much (is not graphic but not implicit either, there was a scene where it sniffs her urine, later it takes her captive while she is pantsless and while she's tied up gets behind her, rips her shirt and bends her over).

Retired

I also watched AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN PARIS (1997)--which supposedly is a sequel, but has none of the people involved with the first one. I thought it might be good because it has Julie Delpy--but she must've done it for the paycheque, because it was not very good at all. Anyone should give it a miss.

I've been watching these Peter Ustinov as Hercule Poirot movies. The first one was with Albert Finney (MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS) and then Ustinov in DEATH ON THE NILE and EVIL UNDER THE SUN. All of these were theatrical releases set in the period of the novels, filmed on location and with all-star casts. But I just watched Ustinov in 1985's THIRTEEN AT DINNER, which was made for T.V. It does have Faye Dunaway, but otherwise the other actors were not that big at the time, it's filmed in England mostly in studio and it's set in the 1980s. It does have performances by the young Bill Nighy and Amanda Pays. And it features David Suchet (as Inspector Japp), doing an accent that sounds a lot like Michael Caine--Suchet, of course, played Poirot from 1989 to 2014 on British T.V.

Felt a tick to watch a 90s action movie. Ended up watching Under Siege. Brisk, a pretty simple but good premise and the action was really great.

Before evil men started shitting bricks at the uttering of John Wick, there was Casey Ryback!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Vivarium on Amazon Prime

Brain Fuck....

The Comey Rule.

Its a dry episode of the West Wing. Brendan Gleeson is my favorite take on Trump so far.

Shoutouts to mike ehrmentraut and Charlie boyle popping up.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-04-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Re-watching all of the Star Wars movies in chronological order, need to refresh my palate after 31 days of horror movies
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 11-05-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Sixth Sense.

Still holds up, the big twist is not really what makes this movie good, its the performance of HJO. You feel like a participant in his own journey of self-discovery and when it pays off and he learns how to cope with his big gift, its a tearjerker because you realize his potential for doing good in the world and the cost it has to him personally.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Sixth Sense.

Still holds up, the big twist is not really what makes this movie good, its the performance of HJO. You feel like a participant in his own journey of self-discovery and when it pays off and he learns how to cope with his big gift, its a tearjerker because you realize his potential for doing good in the world and the cost it has to him personally.
    I watched this movie within the last 9 months after not having seen it for years and yeah, it's such a great movie. Definitely still holds up, regardless of whether you know the twist coming or not.

Recently watched: World War Z. I liked the movie when it was released in the theatres and I liked watching it recently. Once you get past all the talk about budget and re-shoots, it is a pretty solid zombie movie.

Kiss of the Dragon. It really is too bad that Jet Li made most of his Hollywood movies during the early 2000s. First and foremost, wire-fu was one of the worst trends to happen to Hollywood movies and the early 2000s had a trash heap of movies with wire-fu. Putting an action star like Jet Li in movies like The One and Romeo Must Die was a travesty. Kiss of the Dragon doesn't use wire-fu (at least not any blatantly obvious and shitty ones), but you can tell how much of an early 2000s movies it is.

It is also too bad about what has happened to Jet Li recently.

Funny Games U.S. (2007). Messed up movie.

Jet Li has denied any health problems.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Jet Li has denied any health problems.
    Wasn't there stories about how he has Hyperthyroidism, which was causing him a lot of pain and discomfort. There were pictures released and things looked pretty bad.