Page 113 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3111

Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise is always fantastic in everything he does. A friend of mine had never seen the movie and wanted to watch a solid action movie, so I recommended watching this one. However, I'm still a little bothered by the casting. There's a very, very good chance this movie would have been completely overlooked if it wasn't Cruise as the star and there's also a possibility that Christopher McQuarrie would not be as a big a player in Hollywood now if this movie never gets made, but...I really would have liked to have seen a physically imposing actor cast as Jack Reacher.

Looking forward to the show.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Rewatching "Tenet" for the third time.

I almost get the beginning. I understand what happened but it still feels like I'm missing a scene or two. Surprisingly I understand the rest of the film more than the beginning.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-25-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Retired

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (2015), directed by George Miller. Never saw this when it came out, because I'm too attached to Mel Gibson as Mad Max. This one was a bit ROAD WARRIOR and a bit THUNDERDOME. But it was just too much--I'm sure some people enjoy this kind of thing, but it just kept going and going and I just wanted it to end. ROAD WARRIOR is still my favourite.

So is Tom Hardy supposed to be Mel Gibson? He says that he was a cop and he was a road warrior--which Mel was in MAD MAX and in ROAD WARRIOR, respectively. But if he's Mel, then why doesn't he look like Mel? I can't figure that out.

WONDER WOMAN 1984 (2020), directed by Patty Jenkins. I really wish I could have seen this movie in the theatres. It's fun for the whole family--although some parts might scare little ones--and it would have been a good summer popcorn movie. It is rather long, but in the movie theatre many families go out to the concession or the washroom during the movie--so that run time probably works for theatrical showings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (2015), directed by George Miller. Never saw this when it came out, because I'm too attached to Mel Gibson as Mad Max. This one was a bit ROAD WARRIOR and a bit THUNDERDOME. But it was just too much--I'm sure some people enjoy this kind of thing, but it just kept going and going and I just wanted it to end. ROAD WARRIOR is still my favourite.

So is Tom Hardy supposed to be Mel Gibson? He says that he was a cop and he was a road warrior--which Mel was in MAD MAX and in ROAD WARRIOR, respectively. But if he's Mel, then why doesn't he look like Mel? I can't figure that out.
    Yes he is supposed to be the Mel Gibson Max, same guy. Its not clear if its from after or before Thunderdome in the timeline, and in fact there is no set up portion to the movie at all, adding to the confusion. I wasn't a fan of the movie, either, and saw it in theatres. Found it to be - just a bunch of air. Too much driving around talking about crap. Nothing was explained or set up. Normally I respect movies that show and don't tell, but this movie didn't even bother to do that. Watching it you feel like just an observer, no reason to care about anyone, anything or any plot turns.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I thought it was meant to be the same character in the same post apocalypse, but not connected to the earlier films. A revival rather than a sequel.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

I think I've seen about all the 2020 movies I'm going to see in 2020. So time to list my top ten. To the best of my recollection (it's hard to remember all the 2020 movies), these were my favourites:

1. BLACK BEAR, directed by Lawrence Michael Levine

2. THE HALF OF IT, directed by Alice Wu

3. PALM SPRINGS, directed by Max Barbakow

4. EMMA., directed by Autumn de Wilde

5. BIRDS OF PREY: AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN, directed by Cathy Yan

6. WONDER WOMAN 1984, directed by Patty Jenkins

7. YES, GOD, YES, directed by Karen Maine

8. BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC, directed by Dean Parisot

9. THE BET, directed by Joan Carr-Wiggin

10. ON THE ROCKS, directed by Sofia Coppola

Started watching "Trumbo" on Netflix. I'm surprised Aaron Sorkin didn't write this. It feels like his kinda thing.

It does feel like a counterweight to "Mank" even if its just me making a connection between the two.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-26-2020 at 07:33 PM.

You can check out my 7 favorite movies of 2020 HERE!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Invincible Member

Nightcrawler ( 2014). A good 3 out of 5 stars. Jake Gyllenhaal did a good job but I'm not sure how I feel about the ending.

Astonishing Member

Gremlins 1984

When Steven Spielberg was on top of his game. What a fantastic movie.

Today the Gremlins would be CGI and not puppets and maybe they would look good if done proper, but I prefer the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Gremlins 1984

When Steven Spielberg was on top of his game. What a fantastic movie.

Today the Gremlins would be CGI and not puppets and maybe they would look good if done proper, but I prefer the real deal.
    It was Joe Dante, not Spielberg.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Robocop

First time? Loved it
    Second time watching? Liked it less, but liked it still
    Third time is the charm, because I finally realized what a bland and pointless movie this really is, and Paul Verhooven should facepalm anytime he has the displeasure of watching it.

You can all relax now, cause the original stands as an awesome movie. I'm talking about the 2014 remake starring Rick "eats drumstick at midnight" Flagg.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Robocop

First time? Loved it
    Second time watching? Liked it less, but liked it still
    Third time is the charm, because I finally realized what a bland and pointless movie this really is, and Paul Verhooven should facepalm anytime he has the displeasure of watching it.

You can all relax now, cause the original stands as an awesome movie. I'm talking about the 2014 remake starring Rick "eats drumstick at midnight" Flagg.

*puts away pitchfork*

Rambo (2008)
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Retired

Today, I rewatched THE NEW ORIGINAL WONDER WOMAN (1975) T.V. movie, then I rewatched WONDER WOMAN (2017), then I rewatched WONDER WOMAN 1984 (2020).

Enjoyed all three movies (of course)--I might have even enjoyed WONDER WOMAN 1984 a little more this time. However, the score is a let down right after hearing the WONDER WOMAN (2017) score. It's a functional score, but not one of Hans Zimmer's best--although it does include "Voi Che Sapete," my favourite song by Mozart, which always brings me joy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It was Joe Dante, not Spielberg.
    Spielberg was involved and had more to say then Dante. At least that's what I read.