Page 12 of 208 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Hey Jim, i know exactly what you mean. I had that feeling with Happy! the TV Series, and i dont know why. It just got on my nerves, i couldnt get past the first episode...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Finished Rumble in the Bronx, I forgot how much fun it was.

Now I'm watching the Legend of the Drunken Master. Probably gonna watch more kung fu movies this week.
    Hopefully you have Kung-Fu Hustle in your library. That movie is a big time riot!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

I watched Mandy last night. Holy crap if you want to watch a bizarre, insanely violent movie about drug crazed killer hippies, a drug crazed S&M biker gang, topped with a completely unhinged Nicolas Cage, watch this movie now. I read about it yesterday and could only find it on Vudu.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 12-07-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    HEREDITARY (2018), directed by Ari Aster.

It's the use of sound and music that can bother me much more than visuals. I can control visuals--I can shut my eyes, take off my glasses, look away--and I can intellectualize about the visuals. I can't control what's coming in my ears, except by turning off the movie or leaving the theatre. I was very tempted to turn this movie off because the soundtrack was so annoying to my ears and I only got through it by turning down the sound as much as I could while still hearing the dialogue.

I once lived across the alley from a restaurant and one year they got a refrigerator truck that was plugged in all the time and made this humming sound that came into my apartment at all hours of the day and night and it nearly drove me crazy. That's what this movie was like with a certain sound that kept playing through most of the movie.

I guess the movie was strong enough that I was willing to get through it and not turn it off. But I question the director's confidence in his own movie if so many scenes have to be supported by this creepy soundtrack. Surely, if what's happening on screen is creepy, then the audience doesn't need to be told that through sounds that aren't a natural part of what's going on. A little creepy music here and there, I'm okay with, but so much relentless noise in my ear through most of the movie was really not needed.

Apparently most viewers have no problem with sounds like I do. But for those that don't understand, I'd say it's like if you were watching the movie and the whole time a rat was gnawing on your foot. As much as you might want to watch the movie, you need to get away from the rat.
    I was bored out my mind and as soon as naked old people start appearing in the background and people started cutting theye own heads off and climbing on walls I was creeped the **** out. Overall didnt like it but the end suceeded in creeping me out. Also the reason for everything was kinda out there but whatever wasnt for me

Astonishing Member

Solaris with George Clooney

I like quiet movies, but i fell asleep 10-15 minutes before the ending. It wasnt boring (but i would understand when somebody disagrees with my opinion) but i was just too tired

The new Tomb Raider. They tried, but they didn't quite get there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Hostiles (by Scott Cooper)
    meh. I really dug Out of the Furnace and absolutely loved Crazy Heart by this writer/director. Hostiles wasn't for me, though.
    Crazy heart is amazing. Thanks to Jeff Bridges.

Yes Man...I had seen it before, but I have a great time watching this movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hopefully you have Kung-Fu Hustle in your library. That movie is a big time riot!
    Kung Fu Hustle is always one of my go to kung fu movies. That and Fist of Legend.

I just rewatched the Lord of the Rings trilogy Extended editions because my friend and roommate has never seen them. (any version of the films) Finished Return of the King like 5 minutes ago as of typing this.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Baywatch...

Not even The Rock could save this lame movie. It wasnt funny...

Superman the Movie

Still good, still fun.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Just finished Sorry to Bother You. Still trying to dissect what I just saw, but I was definitely bowled over. It's been a crazy long time since I've seen a movie with this many ideas. Super kinetic and just brimming with energy. This is one I'll be thinking about for a long time.

Outlaw King. It was merely ok.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I watched The Book of Eli last night.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Superman II

Somewhat inferior to the first movie, but still an enjoyable entry in the series.

Batman Returns

Why did Selina choose to work with the man publicly supported by her target to kill to fight Batman, who saved her once before? And I have many more questions about how Batman was willing to hit the chihuahua owner without second hesitation, and then he suddenly finds it wrong to hit a woman in the thought of hitting the woman who was beating him.

I have too many questions, almost as many as I do while I watch one of the Joel Schumacher Batman movies, but I'm less entertaining by this one.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage