Page 121 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3086

I finally saw Captain America The First Avenger on invitation of a friend. I thought it was all right. It was exactly what I expected it to be. I had avoided it for the longest time out of disinterest: despite liking the MCU house style, I only ever watch MCU movies if the characters interest me. Captain America is a weird case where I do enjoy reading his comics lots and lots, but what I like about Cap is how he's kind of a Golden Age superhero transported to modern times. I wasn't really interested in seeing a "Cap in WW2" story.

But it was okay. Didn't blow me away but featured some nice performances and action sequences and especially Chris is always exceedingly charming as Cap. But other than that, it ticked a whole lot of boxes that are standard MCU fare, even if it was one of the first ones.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member

The Score

Robert DeNiro, Marlon Brando and Edward Norton gave a good performance. Not bad. Without those actors it would be nothing special

Tombstone...again. I've been finding myself watching this movie quite a few times within the last 12 months.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Da 5 Bloods- I thought it was great and switches genres easily.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-08-2021 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Coming 2 America.

I thought it was a fun romp.
    Saw this one last night. It was fun, and a tad sweet in places.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Coming 2 America.- A watered down Eddie Murphy,lots of girl power and beautiful visuals. Worth a re-watch.

Astonishing Member

Jurassic World 2

Its okay, but I am missing the feeling I had when I watched the original Jurassic Park 1 and 2.

Hotel Mumbai

OMG. Horrible what happened that night. These Killers were Stone Cold.

Retired

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE is a masterpiece. One of the best super-hero movies I have seen as of yet.

Back in 2017, seeing JUSTICE LEAGUE in the theatre, I liked it. There were some bits that satisfied my inner child. But after seeing Snyder's vision, I can't feel anything but anger at the theatrical print that left so many good things on the cutting room floor.

Ray Fisher and Connie Nielsen benefit the most from all the extra footage. Fisher obviously for his Victor Stone, but I felt like I was seeing a whole new side of Hippolyta the Warrior Queen in this movie, contrasted with what we've seen in the two Patty Jenkins movies. Hippolyta is my hero and Connie Nielsen choked tears from me multiple times.

I got shivers even before the movie started and as I got into it, I had to grab a sweater, because I was freezing cold from all the goose bumps I was having. Then a couple hours later I had to lose the sweater, because I was getting so hot.

It's just inexplicable why the suits at W.B. wanted to butcher this work. Obviously, four hours is too long for a mainstream theatrical release, but I can see places where it could have been trimmed to make it three hours--and they've released three hour movies before.

This cut redeems so many folks who were wronged and I hope they get justice--only fitting for a Justice League.

I enjoyed it alot.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-19-2021 at 08:25 AM.

How to Train Your Dragon, The Hidden World. Nice coda to the trilogy. Still about the best animation of any series out there. Beats Pixar, and I love Pixar.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mortal Kombat, and Mortal Kombat Annihilation:

The first one is bad but it's still so much fun to watch without thinking of how bad it is and laughing at its missteps. The sequel... good lord is it made for mock entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How to Train Your Dragon, The Hidden World. Nice coda to the trilogy. Still about the best animation of any series out there. Beats Pixar, and I love Pixar.
    I don't have the adoration to Pixar most seem to have, but I do love How to Train Your Dragon trilogy.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

A fun romantic comedy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-21-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Lovecraft Country episodes 1- 8
    So far I only liked 3 episodes of the show and that's not enough. The actors are doing a great job and LC sure looks gorgeous at times but the writing is lacking and I would have expected more horror or Lovecraft from the premise. Curious to see if the conclusion is satisfying. HBO has done much better and the sex and violence has felt more natural in other shows.

Astonishing Member

Unhinged.

I worry about Russel Crowe, he looks more and more unhealthy and gained a lot of weight. I think he has a few problems. Is he going to be the next Marlon Brando? He was the Gladiator for gods sake...