Page 13 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

I watched Peppermint last night.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Retired

MY SISTER EILEEN (1955), directed by Richard Quine. Screenplay by Blake Edwards and Richard Quine. Starring Betty Garrett and Janet Leigh, with Bob Fosse, Tommy Rall, Jack Lemmon, Dick York and Kurt Kaznar. Choreography by Bob Fosse.

It might be a good idea for someone to do a revival of this musical on Broadway--or off Broadway--with a few extra scenes and songs, using Fosse's choreography. The movie doesn't really go anywhere, which is a a shame because they had a lot of material to work with. It's based on the short stories of Ruth McKenney, in THE NEW YORKER, about her experiences with her sister, Eileen, living in Greenwich Village in the 1930s. But the movie only gives a few anecdotes. Jack Lemmon's character is a heel, but he never really pays for being such a miserable lothario--he hunts women like he hunts game. The dance numbers are what make this movie worth seeing. Fosse, Rall, Garrett and Leigh do some great hoofing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I watched Peppermint last night.
    A coworker saw that flick when it came out. Called it "Death Wish with boobs".
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A coworker saw that flick when it came out. Called it "Death Wish with boobs".
    Pretty much.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I watched Ralph Breaks The Internet today. It was okay but I didn't like it nearly as much as the first movie.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Last Train To Busan

Didn't expect much, but was very impressed and entertained by this movie. I would highly recommend this movie, especially for fans of zombie movies.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Bohemian Rhapsody, a by the number music biopic that was also infinitely enjoyable due to an amazing performance, solid direction and of course, great music.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Purey by chance today, I decided to start rewatching MURDOCH MYSTERIES from the beginning with the pilot episode from 2008 and then I watched THE PRESTIGE (2006), which I've never seen before, not realizing that both would feature Nikola Tesla. It was odd the way these two overlapped with some of the same scenes concerning Tesla and his discoveries.

S1E1 "Power" takes place in 1895, as Tesla's power plant at Niagara Falls nears completion, while the events shown in THE PRESTIGE must take place in 1899 when Tesla was doing his experiments at Colorado Springs.

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse. A really well done animated movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Invincible Member

The Big Lebowski. 4 out of 5 stars

Serenity as I completed this year's Firefly / Serenity rewatch.

Underworld.Kate Beckinsale in leather is not to be missed.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Into the spider verse again. Wow loved Aquaman but feel like this movie kinda overshadows it. And took a bunch of the wind out of it ls sails for me.

I want an Animated MCU. Some of the stuff they do in this film wouldnt work in live action or would be hard. But man some of them fight sequence were smooth as hell and the movie had tons of heart

Superman III

Stupid, but I like it. It's not really bad.

Superman IV

This one is terrible, they weren't even trying to make a good movie here. I still had fun with it for the most part.

Superman Returns

I really enjoy it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Underworld.Kate Beckinsale in leather is not to be missed.
    I love the Underworld series for this reason.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics