Page 132 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3118

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yes you're right. It's easy to mix those names up lol. Robin Wright is good tho last time I saw her was in that blade Runner movie. Maybe I'll check out her new flick.
    When I was a kid, I usually had a similar kind of mix up with prairie dog and prairie wolf, one being more like a groundhog and the other being the coyote. Though I feel as though prairie wolf might be a more common term here in the Netherlands.

Where Robin Wright was the common factor in the films I saw last weekend, this weekend the spotlight is hovering over Lindsay Duncan for a bit. She played an important supporting role in 'Blackbird', and had a smaller part in 'Birdman', starring Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, and Edward Norton.
    Last edited by Mormel; 06-27-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Saw Fast 9 yesterday. It was fine I guess but they trippled down on the crazy. Typically they would have only a couple superhero moments. This movie made the characters all Super Solider. Shit Dom was the Hulk at one point. Was throwing people like rag dolls and pulled a ceiling down. I won't give context to avoid spoilers. Multiple people fall multiple stories on cars and crap like that. The biggest wtf is a character telling Dom that he looks just like his brother. Lol to be fair the movie is fairly self aware. Tyrese even gives a speech about it that I won't spoil here but if you have seen it you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway despite them being Super Soliders now apparently and the writers not understanding how Magnets work... it was fun. Some of the worst acting though by the core cast. Dialogue was bland and the chemistry they had in the past wasn't there. Hopefully Hobbs and Shaw come back for the sequel because they bring a shit ton on charisma and chemistry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Saw Fast 9 yesterday. It was fine I guess but they trippled down on the crazy. Typically they would have only a couple superhero moments. This movie made the characters all Super Solider. Shit Dom was the Hulk at one point. Was throwing people like rag dolls and pulled a ceiling down. I won't give context to avoid spoilers. Multiple people fall multiple stories on cars and crap like that. The biggest wtf is a character telling Dom that he looks just like his brother. Lol to be fair the movie is fairly self aware. Tyrese even gives a speech about it that I won't spoil here but if you have seen it you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway despite them being Super Soliders now apparently and the writers not understanding how Magnets work... it was fun. Some of the worst acting though by the core cast. Dialogue was bland and the chemistry they had in the past wasn't there. Hopefully Hobbs and Shaw come back for the sequel because they bring a shit ton on charisma and chemistry.
    Yeah Roman's speech made me think it wouldn't have been out of place being about someone within a couple of outright superhero movies (one of them a Marvel property, the other one not DC/Marvel and more grounded).

Still, enjoyed it. I couldn't keep my eyes off Mia whenever she was on screen.

And I'm 99% sure we'll get a direct Hobbs & Shaw sequel. Maybe Liam Neeson can cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Yeah Roman's speech made me think it wouldn't have been out of place being about someone within a couple of outright superhero movies (one of them a Marvel property, the other one not DC/Marvel and more grounded).

Still, enjoyed it. I couldn't keep my eyes off Mia whenever she was on screen.

And I'm 99% sure we'll get a direct Hobbs & Shaw sequel. Maybe Liam Neeson can cameo?
    I hope Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Hart join Hobbs and Shaw full time. They both were great in they're small roles in the first. As long as they make Hart a bad ass and he's not just running around screaming. But yea Hart is whatever he was just a bit Part as an air marhsal. But Reynolds was great as Hobbs handler and they establish he's a badass. He's just clearly mentally ill.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Captain Fantastic
    Skeletor is Aragorn's father-in-law. Cool movie for young fathers. At first I'd almost have turned it off. It grew immensely on me. Brilliant ending.

I re-watched my favorite three films: Back To The Future, Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse, and How To Train Your Dragon.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Catching up on the DC animated movies on HBOMax. Saw Justice League Dark and Gotham by Gaslight. Both good. GBG was very different than the graphic novel.
    I then watched Justice League Dark:Apocalypse War. At some point in I realized this was not a direct sequel to JLD but a continuation of Flashpoint and JL War. Now I am not sure if I should go back and watch some of those Flashpoint movies, as I have seen where they lead, or move on to JL Man of Tomorrow and WWII and also Red Son and maybe the Aquaman movie.
    There are 15 movies in the Flashpoint timeline, are any exceptional?
    I would like to hear others two cents.

2.1 Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
    2.2 New 52 timeline
    2.2.1 Justice League: War (2014)
    2.2.2 Son of Batman (2014)
    2.2.3 Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)
    2.2.4 Batman vs. Robin (2015)
    2.2.5 Batman: Bad Blood (2016)
    2.2.6 Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016)
    2.2.7 Justice League Dark (2017)
    2.2.8 Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)
    2.2.9 Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018)
    2.2.10 The Death of Superman (2018)
    2.2.11 Constantine: City of Demons (2018)
    2.2.12 Reign of the Supermen (2019)
    2.2.13 Batman: Hush (2019)
    2.2.14 Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019)
    2.2.15 Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)
    2.3 Rebirth timeline
    2.3.1 Superman: Man of Tomorrow (2020)
    2.3.2 Justice Society: World War II (2021)
    2.3.3 Batman: The Long Halloween (2021)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    When I was a kid, I usually had a similar kind of mix up with prairie dog and prairie wolf, one being more like a groundhog and the other being the coyote. Though I feel as though prairie wolf might be a more common term here in the Netherlands.

Where Robin Wright was the common factor in the films I saw last weekend, this weekend the spotlight is hovering over Lindsay Duncan for a bit. She played an important supporting role in 'Blackbird', and had a smaller part in 'Birdman', starring Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, and Edward Norton.
    Yeah I guess Tasmanian devils are so famous. We automatically just think of that name-endangered species+Tasmania= Tasmanian devil lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Catching up on the DC animated movies on HBOMax. Saw Justice League Dark and Gotham by Gaslight. Both good. GBG was very different than the graphic novel.
    I then watched Justice League Dark:Apocalypse War. At some point in I realized this was not a direct sequel to JLD but a continuation of Flashpoint and JL War. Now I am not sure if I should go back and watch some of those Flashpoint movies, as I have seen where they lead, or move on to JL Man of Tomorrow and WWII and also Red Son and maybe the Aquaman movie.
    There are 15 movies in the Flashpoint timeline, are any exceptional?
    I would like to hear others two cents.

2.1 Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
    2.2 New 52 timeline
    2.2.1 Justice League: War (2014)
    2.2.2 Son of Batman (2014)
    2.2.3 Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)
    2.2.4 Batman vs. Robin (2015)
    2.2.5 Batman: Bad Blood (2016)
    2.2.6 Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016)
    2.2.7 Justice League Dark (2017)
    2.2.8 Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)
    2.2.9 Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018)
    2.2.10 The Death of Superman (2018)
    2.2.11 Constantine: City of Demons (2018)
    2.2.12 Reign of the Supermen (2019)
    2.2.13 Batman: Hush (2019)
    2.2.14 Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019)
    2.2.15 Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)
    2.3 Rebirth timeline
    2.3.1 Superman: Man of Tomorrow (2020)
    2.3.2 Justice Society: World War II (2021)
    2.3.3 Batman: The Long Halloween (2021)
    Paradox was good and Throne of Atlantis was decent.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally watched the monster that is Zach Snyder Director Cut of Justice League.
    Firstly, my take on the theatrical cut was MEH. I watched it once, never bought it, would watch a sequel but it was a bit of a mess. I graded it a C, generously at the time.

4-hour Directors Cut: B/B+

I mean how can you not add 2hrs to a film and it be worse? Warners really screwed up.
    My hot take, this should've been a two part release.

Justice League part one ends after Superman is revived. He's hovering over the park...cut to credits. That is about 2.5hrs into it.
    Justice League part two is the finale + Epilogue. That is only 1.5hr, with what I think is a crazy long epilogue. So maybe trim that back, add some other Mera or Manhunter moments?
    JL pt1 is essentially a Batman led film
    JL pt2 is the Superman dominating part of the film.

The directors cut makes Flash and Cyborg look a lot better. Plus we get Martian Manhunter. I do feel the epilogue was tooooo long. A tatoo-less Joker as the Joker should be was nice.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Comic Movie Catch-Up Time has finally surfaced.

Wonder Woman 84

Grade: B

The McGuffin here, a wishing stone, whose effects can be undone simply by "Renouncing Your Wish" is a bit too simplistic. However it allows for a plausible enough reason why Steve Trevor is back ala a Quantum Leap type gimmick. While also allowing for some way to further bring him into a WW3 film in present day somehow. Barbara wishing to be like Diana is a case of not really knowing what you're asking for. I can't say I fully get why within the film she essentially got to "enhance" her wish "I want to be an apex predator" she tells Max Lord...thus we get Cheetah. That didn't quite jive with me.

Loved seeing Pedro Pascal in a big role outside Mandalorian. The Invisible Jet was cool but I felt more was needed than Diana's vague mumbo jumbo and placing her hand on the control panel but hey, whatever.
    I feel like WW was doing her best Peter Parker way way too much. The F/X when she snags the two kids out of the road is the most jarring moment I felt. Was cool to see her grasp the characters ability at flight on her own though.

Birds of Prey and the Emancipation of one Harley Quinn

Grade: D

I'd heard so much negative that I thought surely this film was vicitim to "rampant internet hate" that took on a life of its own. It was the "cool to bash on film" at the time.
    Nope. This really is bad and deserves all its vile. Ewan McGregor does his best with rubbish. Harley was at least largely consistent from Suicide Squad. Huntress is not how I'd have approached it but her beats were right at least. Those three items save this from being an F grade.
    Cassandra....this Warners is how you treat the character that had the best, most successful run as Batgirl in the comics after Barbara? Really??? I read her whole run, this is a slap in the face.
    Black Canary, rubbish
    Montoya, sorry but no.
    Victor Zsasz, this is for sure his worst on screen presentation in the last 10 years.

Extraordinary Member

Wrath of Man -very end is kinda anti-climatic but still pretty good revenge/action flick.

No sudden moves-kinda convoluted crime flick, still good tho.

Because Christian Slater was trending on Twitter for some reason last night, I pulled out Pump Up The Volume. Still love that movie.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix
    in
    Joker

Grade: A

It felt like this movie could nestle alongside the Christopher Reeve Superman films. A fitting dark mirror to Metropolis. Where trash piles up due to a worker strike, unemployment is high and the well off(rich) are despised. I still feel like the idea that Arthur is/isn't a child of Thomas Wayne was still left up to ones interpretation of the information. Making the old argument that Batman and Joker are two halves of a whole, usually meaning justice and anarchy but here as possible half-brothers. When Arthur pulls that gun and point blank off Murray that was expected but still shocking. This movie is worthy of all its praise.

Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton and Alice Braga
    in
    New Mutants

Grade: B+

We all at some point followed the development hell of this project. I'll admit my expectations upon initial trailer way back in 2017 were optimistic. A horror themed comic film. Then FOX was getting bought. The project went into limbo. Reshoots. Will it go to an online platform. Yada Yada Yada....so here we are.
    I really liked what they put out. The narrative was straight forward. The characters engaging. I'll admit that being a Stranger Things fan I would've been there for Charlie. Buuuut, in the interim I've also seen Queens Gambit so seeing Anya Taylor-Joy as Illyana was now extra cool.
    The conclusion was a bit over simplified, much like WW84, with Danni just talking down the "Bear" so that keeps it out of A range.
    Overall if you've not seen this due to all the strife it took to get released take the 1.5hrs and watch it.

I saw Dutch war movie 'De slag om de Schelde' (literally 'The Battle of the Scheldt' but the official English title is 'The Forgotten Battle'). I thought it suffered from the same faults as a lot of Dutch historical movies: it looks very pretty, but it invents two-dimensional main characters that go through predictable arcs, while the story itself neither tries to convey a message or serve as a dramatized history lesson. It's nice to watch with a bag of pop corn and a tall glass of soda, but scratch away the surface and you're left with very slim meat. Especially jarring to have watched this movie after Nomadland, Land, and Blackbird in the past three weekends.

EDIT: ...aaaand mostly very positive reviews from Dutch sites and newspapers. Because of course!
    Last edited by Mormel; 07-03-2021 at 11:21 AM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me