Page 133 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3111
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It seems I'm the Anti-Captain Craig. Sick of hearing how great Joker is and how bad Fabulous BoP (or what its called)
    Both movies make a great double feature. One tears you apart and one cheers you up.

Joker has a great start (like 20 minutes) and a great ending (like 37 minutes) but everything in between is unwatchable for me. Despite great lead performance, cinematography and score/OST

BoP is a great fast paced action movie (like the Dixon/Simone runs) with a great Canary, Huntress and even HQ is fun to watch for the first time. I have no idea who Cass Cain is (almost) or why her fans are trolls like the Snyder Cut crowd. Boy do I wish we'd get Rucka's version of montoya or even the BTAS version of her. Doesn't make the movie bad? Black Mask and Viktor played straight... how boring would that be? The director did her job well and the writer is the only thing to look forward to in The Flash movie.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-04-2021 at 12:33 AM.

I am with bat, I disliked almost everything about Joker and thought BoP was nothing but fun.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Tomorrow War Interesting premise, but not as smart as it could have been. And a bit too derivative. But all in all, for a streaming movie, it was fun and worth the watch. The action and FX are top notch. And Chris Pratt is very likable,
    This was slated to be a theatrical release before COVID, not sure if it would have done well, but as a streaming movie, it should be a hit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I agree, it was far from perfect, but it was a fun streaming movie.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

I agree to both of you. Same opinion here.

Every time I see a Chris Pratt movie outside of Guardians I wait for a joke of him. I just see Star Lord in him all the time.

Extraordinary Member

Tomorrow War-coulda been shaved down by 30min imo. But good popcorn.

Boss Baby 2- Hilarious and heart felt. Creepy baby is my fave lol.

My wife said the new Tomorrow something was out on Prime and I was like O yeah? I thought she meant there was an Edge of Tomorrow sequel that got past me but no, it was this new Pratt vehicle. Which would be a no from me on him alone.

Saw No Sudden Move with Don Cheadle and Benico Del Toro instead. It was fantastic, Ray Liotta doesn't show til half way but visually as a period piece alone it's pretty stellar. I always wondered where the studios store certain things when they make period films. You have to get new clothes and I'm sure the cars come from a certain place but all the other things, the decor and the outside shots of things. It was a pretty believable heist-ish type movie about the auto industry in the 50's. John Hamm is always playing cops lol. Cheadle's motivations aren't always known and he went through A LOT to get a little back but I figure back in the day and the level of dealings you would have had to make, was all there that was afforded to you. RIP muMs the Schemer who was on Oz and an episode of Luke Cage. It was a more street than the usual talky Soderbergh movie but that's what was so cool about it. David Harbour beating his boss and apologizing about it was hilarious. Lots of talent in this movie but it's star is Don Cheadle, lol even fatass Brendan Fraser was good. I dug it, I gotta sit through it again.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Saw No Sudden Moves too. Liked it as well, though probably not as much as Surf. For me the parts were better than the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Saw No Sudden Moves too. Liked it as well, though probably not as much as Surf. For me the parts were better than the whole.
    I'll take that and I agree, those parts were pretty tight even if the overall story wasn't so much.

I'm actually giving dude a lot of credit for what he didn't do, which was turn the cool-o-meter dial as far as it can go to the right. This one wasn't like those Ocean's or ultra realized mouthpieces in some of his others. This felt like (movie) people talking as we used to get, more or less.

Shoutout to the Limey and Terrance Stamp, that's one of his I've got to see again.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Saw Forever Purge. I enjoyed it, saw it with an older white crowd. Surprised no one walked out when the villains are basically far right Maga supporters

Tenoch Huerta was charming and super likable as one of the Leads. Nothing about the character he played made me think he would be a good fit for Namor though. If Luke Evans was cast I would instantly see him playing that type of character same as Brian Tee(Think that's his name. He played a shredder and DK in Tokyo drift). He gives off smug ******* vibes. Huerta was just super likable. He spoke broken English because the character had fled from Mexico to Texas. But he said somethings in perfect English so I'm sure the actor speaks English well enough.

Jaws. Its an Independence Day movie, really, in the same way that Die Hard is a Christmas movie. And I enjoyed it just as much as usual. For my money it vies for best movie ever made!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Godzilla vs Kong

2 hours of insane monster action. Do I need more?

I saw 'ADN', a French film directed by and also starring Maïwenn, about a woman who, following the passing of her grandfather and the unresolved tensions between relatives during the planning of the memorial service and cremation, tries to strengthen her connection to her Algerian roots. It has semi-autobiographical elements. It's a compact story at 90 minutes runtime, and I thought it was perfectly fine. Maïwenn shines in the lead role, but all the supporting actors are pretty great in their roles, each with their cross to bear. There's a good dose of humour in there. Pacing is pretty tight, 90 minutes flew by. It wasn't amazing, but it was a very entertaining and also quite moving story. Definitely a step up from last week's historical 'epic'.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Knives Out- as great as I expected it to be. After all the hype the movie still fails at being disappointing. Especially loved cinematography, costume and set design and Christopher Plummer

Incredible how much I love Glow and Dead to Me on Netflix. I'm finally over movie theatres if shows are this awesome.

I saw Argo (2012) and thought it was perfectly fine, but didn't really understand what all the fuzz had been about before I stopped and remembered: pretty much up to that point, Ben Affleck's career had turned into something of a joke. 'Argo' was part of his comeback as both a serious actor as well as director.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me