Page 138 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3085

Lair of the White Worm.

How could I have missed this cheesy awesomeness for so many years?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

The Suicide Squad

Omg, what a waste. Not funny at all, felt forced in every way and tried to top every whacky idea. I had high hopes, but this was just not cool.

Though I liked Peacemaker. But if James Gunn tries this with Guardians vol. 3 I see a disaster

Thanks to EPIX running a free preview this week, I saw The Marksman last night.

I had been looking forward to this movie but while there's nothing particularly wrong with the film as a whole, there is also nothing all that compelling either. The film is a by-the-numbers movie featuring Liam Neeson in yet another spin on every role he seems to have done since he did 'Taken'. This time, he's a grizzled old rancher who ends up defending a young Mexican boy who illegally crosses the border on the run from drug cartel assassins.

It's fine to watch once but I seriously doubt that you'll feel compelled to watch it ever again.

I gave it 5 out of 10 on IMDB.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The Suicide Squad

Omg, what a waste. Not funny at all, felt forced in every way and tried to top every whacky idea. I had high hopes, but this was just not cool.

Though I liked Peacemaker. But if James Gunn tries this with Guardians vol. 3 I see a disaster
    I think I liked it a bit more than you did, but the movie still left me indifferent.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ittefaq(2017).

A murder mystery where two seperate crimes intersect and the detective has to figure out how and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I think I liked it a bit more than you did, but the movie still left me indifferent.
    It left me smiling ear to ear.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And I can see why. I like whacky movies as well, but there is a point where it gets too much for me, and SS reached that point.

Reminiscence:

Nothing makes sense, and what's worse is that it is booooooriiiiiing. It has some nice visuals, but that is all.
    Lucky you. I wish it left that impression on me.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Raat Akeli Hai/The night is lonely (2020).

A Misfit detective has to solve the murder of a prominent politician while dealing cultural, political, and familial roadblocks.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-04-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Shang -Chi.

Predictable fun. Interesting set-up in the mid-credit scene with unexpected cameos. There is a post credit scene, so stick around for that.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Shang -Chi.

Predictable fun. Interesting set-up in the mid-credit scene with unexpected cameos. There is a post credit scene, so stick around for that.
    Would you be willing to post spoilers for the post credit and mid-credit scenes?

Astonishing Member

Yeah I rewatched it today when catching Shang-Chi (also great, stuff during the final fight reminded me of recent anime movies) and thought it held up. Not sure I'm interested in the HBO Max spin-off announced, but Task Force X can be episodic by nature now.

And used a big fat knife to do it with, too!
    ear2ear2.jpg
    (completely unrelated, but Jai Courtney's got the swagger and the bod to pull off a Kano to rival Trevor Goddard's)

This week was documentary time once more at the movie theatre, as I saw Oliver Sacks: His Own Life [apparently 2 years old already], presenting a concise summary of the life and works of the neurologist known for, among other things, his work with catatonic patients of "sleepy sickness", as described in his book Awakenings, adapted to film in 1990 starring Robin Williams. There's so much more to his life and works however, and this film provides an intriguing and endearing glimpse into the world of Sacks (who passed in 2015, aged 83), and I think it stands as a very loving tribute.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Would you be willing to post spoilers for the post credit and mid-credit scenes?
    Sure. I'm going to embarrass myself here: how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Sure. I'm going to embarrass myself here: how do I do that?
    You put the text between this code, but without the spaces:
    [ spoil ][ /spoil ]

spoilers:
    So it looks like this.
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!