Page 139 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3076

Thank you, Kirby!

spoilers:

The mid credit scene had Shang Chi, Wong, and Katy meet with holographic "Zoom meeting" Captain Marvel and Bruce Banner. They discussed something magical involved with the rings as a beacon for souls. Which I assumed it was Wanda's kids reaching out somehow in whatever dimension they are trapped in. Sorry for the vagueness.
    The end credit scene was Shang's sister taking over their dad's empire, looks like she overseeing a force of elite soldiers
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by hulahulk; 09-06-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Thank you, Kirby!

spoilers:

The mid credit scene had Shang Chi, Wong, and Katy meet with holographic "Zoom meeting" Captain Marvel and Bruce Banner. They discussed something magical involved with the rings as a beacon for souls. Which I assumed it was Wanda's kids reaching out somehow in whatever dimension they are trapped in. Sorry for the vagueness.
    The end credit scene was Shang's sister taking over their dad's empire, looks like she overseeing a force of elite soldiers
    end of spoilers
    Hmm...interesting!

I finally got around to watching The Raid: Redemption last night. It amazed me how season 1 of Arrow ripped off the hallway fight with the machete gang in Oliver's rescue of Walter, up to and including the hero bashing a goon's head into a round light, then continuing to bash it against the wall as the guy fell.

One thing I can't seem to figure out- The Raid was originally released in 2011. Karl Urban's Dredd was released, I think less than a year later. It feels like the two movies were too close together for Dredd to have ripped it off so completely, but it's practically the same movie as The Raid. Has it been said anywhere that Dredd was an Americanized remake of The Raid? I can't imagine it was a happy accident.

Omkara (2006).

An Indian adaptation of Shakespeare's Othello.

News of the World. Very good western with first rate Hanks.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Tomorrowland. I mean it was ambitious. And had some good moments. But was a hot mess.

I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997):

Guy gets killed in a car accident, but he didn't really die despite getting hit by a fast moving car and losing a lot of blood, he can be strong enough to move fast once he's taken close to water, see in the water in full detail at night, remembers faces and names of the people in the car they hit him in, nobody found him when he was trapped, waits a year to start a hunt, kills people that have no business in his vendetta, a town full of idiots who can't understand what panic means, stupid jump scares, nonsense, a serial killer who walks very slowly chasing a running victim and still catches up as if he's teleporting to exact spots, wastes a lot of time, magically puts a corpse and crabs that are still alive in the trunks of a moving car, removes everything including the smell of crabs short minutes after the car driver leaves and locks the trunk when he has no keys.....

Wow is this movie dumb, it's one of the worst when it comes to slasher movement and hunting logic, it's supernatural without any supernatural elements being of any significant part to the story or any character. I think the worst Jason Vorheese movie makes more sense than this one.

Still, I don't hate this movie, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want to watch the so dumb it's fun kind, cause this is not going to be one of them.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997):

Guy gets killed in a car accident, but he didn't really die despite getting hit by a fast moving car and losing a lot of blood, he can be strong enough to move fast once he's taken close to water, see in the water in full detail at night, remembers faces and names of the people in the car they hit him in, nobody found him when he was trapped, waits a year to start a hunt, kills people that have no business in his vendetta, a town full of idiots who can't understand what panic means, stupid jump scares, nonsense, a serial killer who walks very slowly chasing a running victim and still catches up as if he's teleporting to exact spots, wastes a lot of time, magically puts a corpse and crabs that are still alive in the trunks of a moving car, removes everything including the smell of crabs short minutes after the car driver leaves and locks the trunk when he has no keys.....

Wow is this movie dumb, it's one of the worst when it comes to slasher movement and hunting logic, it's supernatural without any supernatural elements being of any significant part to the story or any character. I think the worst Jason Vorheese movie makes more sense than this one.

Still, I don't hate this movie, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want to watch the so dumb it's fun kind, cause this is not going to be one of them.
    Saw it a long time ago. I remember liking it in the moment, but I barely remember it now. It was interesting to learn some years later that it was a reworking of a young adult novel that was really not horror oriented. I wonder what was going with the producers when they said, "Let's turn this mildly suspenseful novel into a straight forward slasher flick!"
    Last edited by ed2962; 09-10-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Saw it a long time ago. I remember liking it in the moment, but I barely remember it now. It was interesting to learn some years later that it was a reworking of a young adult that was really not horror oriented. I wonder what was going with the producers when they said, "Let's turn this mildly suspenseful novel into a straight forward slasher flick!"
    Interesting. I wonder if it's better written than this film.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

This movie is stupid too, with an additional count of pointless kills. I don't hate it, but it's crazy stupid.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Saw Das geheime Leben der Bäume ('The Hidden Life of Trees'), documentary made in light of the book by the same title by German forester Peter Wohlleben. It's not so much a nature documentary in which Wohlleben explores the same subject matter as in his book- namely the interconnectedness between individual trees of a forest, and arguing that they function as a society with intricate communication and the ability to support each other by methods that are as yet poorly understood- but also a documentary that follows the activities of Wohlleben himself, as the success of his book has enabled him to travel around the world to speak about his theories on forest ecology, and how many current policies surrounding the preservation of forests stem from both obsolete notions as well as the interests of the wood industry.

I thought it was quite interesting, but I'd perhaps have enjoyed it more if it were exclusively a film about the botanical aspects. Moreover Wohlleben emphasizes that he is not, strictly speaking, a botanist himself.

This has been the 3rd documentary I've seen at the theatre in the last 4 weeks, with only Sweat being a fictional movie.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member

Malignant from James Wan. Damn I'm still buzzed about it. Might end up being my favorite horror movie for this year or up there (your turn, Last Night in Soho and Halloween Kills ).

Inception(2010).

It still holds up. I prefer it to Tenet. The final act is easier and it has a stronger emotional undercurrent.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-14-2021 at 06:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Shang Chi : A bit of Marvel, a bit Chinese Fairy tale and a bit Jet Li style. Was okay, but not my favorite Marvel movie.

Greenland: I like disaster movies, doesn't matter how stupid they are. The most important thing is that it keeps the suspense. And this one did it well.

The Punisher (1989):

It has problems holding it down in the level of average movie, but it has enough clever lines and some creative action decisions that makes it a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Inception(2010).

It still holds up. I prefer it to Tenet. The final act is easier and it has a stronger emotional undercurrent.
    It's easy to say Inception is better, it has clear ideas and execution. Tenet is one of the weirdest and most confusing movies, I'd rather understand a plot than just feel it.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 09-16-2021 at 09:02 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE