Page 14 of 208 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Retired

I got into the UNDERWORLD movies because of MOONLIGHT the short run vampire romance TV series. I enjoyed that show and Sophia Myles looked exactly like a crush of mine. When that went off the air, I got anything with Sophia Myles on DVD that I could find--including the first UNDERWORLD. To my disappointment there wasn't enough of Sophia Myles in that, but I enjoyed the mind candy of the UNDERWORLD movies and have watched them all.

Astonishing Member

Ready Player One - came by on cable. I really couldn't buy the premise and the actions of the plot characters, esp. at the end were at the level of 8 year olds. All those folks dancing on the streets with goggles to fight for the good guys. Just silly.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 12-20-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Ready Player One - came by on cable. I really couldn't by the premise and the actions of the plot characters, esp. at the end were at the level of 8 year olds. All those folks dancing on the streets with goggles to fight for the good guys. Just silly.
    reading the book first helped.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Man of Steel

Too much shaky camera view, mediocre script, wooden and uncaring acting a lot of times, poor editing.....
    But I love this movie, can't help it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Serenity as I completed this year's Firefly / Serenity rewatch.
    What a great series/movie those are.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Doctor Strange
    Because I liked the character in Thor III and Infinity War. Had to turn off Strange after an hour. It is so by the numbers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Doctor Strange
    Because I liked the character in Thor III and Infinity War. Had to turn off Strange after an hour. It is so by the numbers.
    Yeah it was...but i liked how he defeated Dormammu at the end.

47 Ronin was on last night, so I watched it. Well, loosely watched it. I checked out at some point. The fight scenes were great and the settings and visuals nice, but it was hard to care about any of the characters.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

AQUAMAN.

There was so much to digest in this movie that I'll have to see it again. Made me lament that there aren't movie serials like in the old days for comic book characters. AQUAMAN is easily the kind of movie you could break up into smaller chapters and then go see one chapter each week.

I guess if you had the money, you could do it that way on your own. Buy a ticket in week 1 and leave after the first 15 minutes. Them in week 2 buy another ticket but come in 15 minutes late. And so on.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Bird Box on Netflix. Really good movie. They sure are putting out a lot of quality movies.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Finally saw Elf on Friday, I can see why people rate it as a modern Christmas classic, glad I got to watch it on the big screen too...

Also watched Mowgii on Netflix last night, a well done and somewhat darker take on the Jungle Book by Andy Serkis (who both directs and play a more authoritative drill Sargent take on Balloo) with Christian Bale as Bageerra, Cate Blanchet as Ka and Benedict Cumberbach as Sher Kahn. Great if you want a well done family film that’s not too Disneyfied.

Astonishing Member

The Predator - the plot motivations for the Predators was stupid but the action was fun. The sequel proposal with Predator Iron Man suits did also seem silly. If we gear up to their level, so what?

It did move away from the Alien tie in, but the new Alien movies trashed that anyway. I don't like the way the Alien plot line went anyway.

It kind of sucks to say this, but: watched Aquaman Friday night and I thought it was just ok. It sucks, because I was really looking forward to the movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Underworld. Kate Beckinsale in leather is not to be missed.
    I saw the first one in theaters. it was basically a revamp of Rome and Juliet with vampires and werewolves! it was so ridiculous it sounded fun.

I love how people keep talking about how revolutionary female led action movies are... like when they told us that "Rogue One" and "the Force Awakens" are special because of the female lead... as if we were all watching the Underworld films for Scott Speedman! or, y'know, all those Resident Evil movies... or la Femme Nikita, Alien(s)... or Barbarella and Charlie's Angels.

and that's my gripe with how they market a lot of these newer films... don't sell us on a film because of stuff like "it's got a female lead.... so it's special". that's like bragging that you flipped a coin and it came up with heads instead of tails. give us something about that specific character and that particular story that's special.

sorry... kinda went in to rant mode there.

back on topic:
    I watched "Enter the Spiderverse". it was fun.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Doctor Strange
    yeah, "Doctor Strange" was very formulaic... but, I enjoyed it. I watched that one mostly for the cast... because I already knew the story would just be a thinly veiled remake of "Iron Man". I'm hoping that Mordo becomes one of the better MCU villains later.