Page 15 of 208 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    yeah, "Doctor Strange" was very formulaic... but, I enjoyed it. I watched that one mostly for the cast... because I already knew the story would just be a thinly veiled remake of "Iron Man". I'm hoping that Mordo becomes one of the better MCU villains later.
    My theory is they use the time gem and undo Thanos 50% plan... making things worse as they get the attention of... Kang (the next big badguy). Don't know if there's a Strange sequel at all and if there is... Mordo is probably just the Jack the Ripper of wizards. I really like Wong (Netflix' Khan)

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    yeah, "Doctor Strange" was very formulaic... but, I enjoyed it. I watched that one mostly for the cast... because I already knew the story would just be a thinly veiled remake of "Iron Man". I'm hoping that Mordo becomes one of the better MCU villains later.
    How is it a remake of IronMan. It follows the Lee/Ditko origin from Strange Tales.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is it a remake of IronMan. It follows the Lee/Ditko origin from Strange Tales.
    People say that because they are both assholes who become better people. And they make Strange make some weird our if character jokes throughout the movie. But like Ive said before. Ragnarok and infinity war used Strange right. So marvel learned from any issue Strange had in his first movie and I'm excited for the sequel. Which doesnt have a date but Feigie said its 100% coming they just got alot on they're plate. But in Ragnarok and IW all of Stranges funny moments didnt come from quips or one liners. They were situation or him just plain being a dick. And that's how it should be. He was hilarious in his brief scene in Ragnarok and he didnt make a single joke and was very stoic. So even when Marvel stumbles with a character I feel like they are great at course correcting. I mean I feel like thor is the most likely of the big 3 to stay post Avengers end game and it because with ragnarok and Infinity war hes had a surge in popularity because they found what works for him on film. My only concern is in IW Thor was marvels Superman when he came to wakanda the tide turned and people cheered and knew they had a chance to win simply because Thor was there. Exactly what Superman is I'm the comics. But now Carol's coming and shes suppose to be even more powerful. So curious how that works feel like two Thors could take Thanos no problem but shes suppose to be even more powerful. Unless they meant more powerful then Thor before he got his new Hammer which I assume Is suppose to give him a Odin force esque boost.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-24-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Ant Man & Wasp.
    I was surprised by how much i liked this movie,the first Ant Man movie was all right but not a great mOvie.I liked the sequel more.
    And i was never much of a Antman or Wasp fan from the comics,i read lots of comics with them in the Avengers comic books but they were never characters that if they had their own comic books i would buy them.So i was surprised to how much i liked the movie.
    The story was interesting and there were some cool funny scenes that worked well in the tone of the movie.Special effects were awesome as well.
    And dunno if it´s a spoiler but i will be using the spoilers tag

spoilers:
    While watching the movie i thought Bill Foster would use his powers and apear in his costume.But that seems to be just something for the sequel?
    end of spoilers

Merry Christmas everybody.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 12-25-2018 at 06:53 PM.

All-New Member

Halloween 2018 was decent

Retired

Wathed these Christmas romantic comedies--rated for how romantic they are--

THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER (1940)
    Jimmy Stewart loves Margaret Sullavan
    A+

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING (1995)
    Bill Pullman loves Sandra Bullock
    B

THE FAMILY MAN (2000)
    Nicolas Cage loves Téa Leoni
    B-

SERENDIPITY (2001)
    John Cusack loves Kate Beckinsale
    B+

ELF (2003)
    Will Ferrell loves Zooey Deschanel
    A+

LOVE ACTUALLY (2003)
    Hugh Grant loves Martine McCutcheon
    A-

THE HOLIDAY (2006)
    Jude Law loves Cameron Diaz/Jack Black loves Kate Winslet
    A

I saw Aquaman today and loved it.

As for the ten best movies that I actually saw this year, you can check out that list HERE!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw Aquaman today and loved it.

As for the ten best movies that I actually saw this year, you can check out that list HERE!
    How did u feel about into the spider verse? For me it would have been right after Black Panther. Also Instant family would also make my top 10. Movie legit made me cry and I loved seeing Tom Segura in it

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Wathed these Christmas romantic comedies--rated for how romantic they are--

THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER (1940)
    Jimmy Stewart loves Margaret Sullavan
    A+

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING (1995)
    Bill Pullman loves Sandra Bullock
    B

THE FAMILY MAN (2000)
    Nicolas Cage loves Téa Leoni
    B-

SERENDIPITY (2001)
    John Cusack loves Kate Beckinsale
    B+

ELF (2003)
    Will Ferrell loves Zooey Deschanel
    A+

LOVE ACTUALLY (2003)
    Hugh Grant loves Martine McCutcheon
    A-

THE HOLIDAY (2006)
    Jude Law loves Cameron Diaz/Jack Black loves Kate Winslet
    A
    I love ELF and LOVE ACTUALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    How did u feel about into the spider verse? For me it would have been right after Black Panther. Also Instant family would also make my top 10. Movie legit made me cry and I loved seeing Tom Segura in it
    I did not see Into The Spider-Verse. I might see it when it hits TV but otherwise, I didn't have any strong desire to see it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I love ELF and LOVE ACTUALLY
    Those are movies I've watched several times before. I had forgot how depressing LOVE ACTUALLY can be--there's love but there's also a lot of sadness. I may have seen THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER before, but if I did I had forgotten most of it--it's a really great movie as I talked about on another thread. The surprise for me was THE HOLIDAY, which I never had seen--and while it follows the usual tropes but does it rather well--the big attraction was all the stuff with Eli Wallach. I appreciated Nancy Meyers giving so much attention to old Hollywood and the forgotten people from that era.

Over the last 24 hours, I have watched 6 movies, catching up on the movies that came out this year that didn't have long theater runs here and was not able to catch.

Thoroughbreds
    You Were Never Really Here
    Blindspotting
    BlackKklansman
    Death of Stalin
    Searching

I really enjoyed all of them. In fact, 5 of the 6 may make it on my top 10 list. I spent a lot of this year not really thrilled with this year in movies. Usually I'm super excited catching all the Oscar movies as they get released, but this year, I haven't been. But there have been a ton of great movies, they've just been released throughout the year. But, I guarantee you, the Oscars will forget.

Saw Searching recently. Really well done "found footage" movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Paddington 2. Just as sweet, and maybe better than the first. Hugh Grant was just having too much fun.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Finally saw Aquaman yesterday. Gotta say it was pretty darn good, start to finish.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!