Page 154 of 203 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3033

Ghostbusters Afterlife:

I did not enjoy it as much as I'd hoped, at least not on this first view. It has a lot of things right, it did good paying respect to the original and using what makes it a classic, but I still felt removed from this movie.

12 Years a Slave:

Music by Hans Zimmer explains why it's just recycled theme of Inception, which recycled his main theme for Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor.
    And I laughed that both Wolverine and Baron Mordo made the same Riddler cry, and both did it in 2013. Wolverine did it in Denis Villenueve's Prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    The suicide squad. (21)

that's dumb.
    I wanted to enjoy this movie, it didn't click with me.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

12 years a slave
    I remember that movie as brutal. It was written by John Ridley whose Love Is A Racket found his way into my hands because He wrote some of the better Batman stories in recent years

The Suicide Squad s second half is one of the better Cape movies since Endgame. Hope we See more of Bloodsport, Waller and King Shark

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    12 years a slave
    I remember that movie as brutal. It was written by John Ridley whose Love Is A Racket found his way into my hands because He wrote some of the better Batman stories in recent years
    It is pretty brutal.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Nightmare Alley 2021. Beautifully Directed, richly acted and in the end a slow, depressing film with few if any positive characters.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Hunter Killer - Typical USA stuff, but entertaining

Snake Eyes - a bit better then the previous GI Joe movies, but I wanted to see the costume earlier.

Mother/Android - Boring.

BANNED

"Don't Breathe 2". I liked the first one, silly premise and movie (young punks break into a blind veteran's broken-down home in Detroit after they learn he may be hiding a fortune somewhere in the home, but shockingly things don't go as planned). Some surprising developments in the first, and did a decent job with building tension and chase scenes/violence without being (too far) over the top.

The sequel was just awful. Without spoiling the first film, we're expected to root for/empathize (in part) with the most despicable character from the first film. Hard enough to do (I kept thinking, "let's not forget the turkey baster"). But the "villains" were two-dimensional cut-out mustache-twirlers, and the twists were just stupid, unnecessary, and still failed to make me care about the former villain and new protagonist character.

If you liked the first, stop there. If you haven't seen the first, give it a shot. But stop there. I haven't seen a drop in quality this bad since "Westworld Season 2" and the follow up even steeper drop to "Westworld Season 3".

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Hanging Tree (1959)...really underrated dark Western starring Gary Cooper. The setting is the Gold Rush. Very interesting film.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989). Got to introduce it to someone who had never seen it before and she liked it. The movie has such lazy explanations for everything, and plot holes all over the place, its ridiculous. But the movie has so many good quotes and the three Bill and Ted movies are one of my favorite all-time trilogies, nevertheless.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-16-2022 at 09:56 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Memory with Liam Neeson. I thought it was pretty good. I somehow missed Neeson's Taken mania (other than Deadpool having a nightmare about them) but I thought Memory was a lot better than Honest Thief and The Ice Road which I did watch, with Neeson playing a way less generally heroic but more interesting role.

Live By Night:

I didn't hate it, thought it would be worse.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Watched both 1984 and 2022 Firestarter during the same day.

Can't say i found any of the two to be really memorable for being honest but well, they are watchable enough.

The 1984 version is a bit more clever in its narration in my opinion though i would say and, man, that's a sweet ass casting right there.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 05-19-2022 at 07:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Watched both 1984 and 2022 Firestarter during the same day.

Can't say i found any of the two to be really memorable for being honest but well, they are watchable enough.

The 1984 version is a bit more clever in its narration in my opinion though i would say and, man, that's a sweet ass casting right there.
    1984 seems to be a relevant movie, but I wasn't moved in any way.

Saw "The Northman" and "The Courier" recently. Both were very well done films with good stories, beautiful set-pieces and solid acting.
    Last edited by HaveAtThee; 06-07-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Mighty Member

Back From The Dead (1957) A woman is possessed by the spirit of her husbands first wife, a devil worshipper. Very much a precursor to Dark Shadows (ppre Barnabas).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Saw "The Norseman" and "The Courier" recently. Both were very well done films with good stories, beautiful set-pieces and solid acting.
    Do you mean The Northman directed by Robert Eggers?