Page 158 of 208 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3117

Dr. Strange and in the MoM. Liked it, very dark, but Rami brought it. spoilers:
    Wanda should be done, I can't see any redemption after what she did
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

No Time to Die

Thanks guys, you outdid Moonraker. This movie had so much potential to be a good and proper sendoff to Bond. The first half was really good, almost poetic and felt so old school Bond. Everything from Bond finally getting a life with the woman he loves to the inevitable betrayal and chase scenes, to the settings and goofy scientist guy to Bond meeting the new 007 and not at all caring that she had his number. Thats my Bond, filled with class and loneliness! I didn't even care about the stupidity of the bad guys or their evil plan.

Then a child shows its little pointless French speaking mug, big name characters get killed pointlessly and I had a bad feeling about this. Sure enough, the movie just went downhill into sentimentality and drivel afterwards. Why even introduce Blofeld and Felix Leiter at all? They literally did nothing but look and talk cryptically about some dumb big secret that will take Bond down, oh nos. I still am not quite sure what the secret really was - was it that the movie sucks? And don't even get me started about that ending sequence from the death of the scientist guy all the way to the toast at the end.

Anyway this was a D+ movie. Glad I didn't see it in theatres, glad this is the last one for whoever is running this poop show.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 07-02-2022 at 01:42 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Independence Day On TV. I saw this in the movies and it brought back good memories.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Red Notice with Ryan Renolds. Duane Johnson and Gal Gadot on Netflix. I wasn't going to watch another movie tonight but I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it. And it's a film I haven't seen. Ryan Renolds has just such good timing in his comebacks. The action was great. Really enjoyed the H2H combat between Johnson and Gadot. Renolds and Johnson were also funny together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Dr. Strange and in the MoM. Liked it, very dark, but Rami brought it. spoilers:
    Wanda should be done, I can't see any redemption after what she did
    end of spoilers
    I feel the same.

It reminded me of Civil War and I wished Strange got to have another movie before it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-02-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Invincible Member

Bruised 2020 directed and starring Halle Berry. 3 stars, I thought it was fine. Halle did a good job in her role and I bought into the overall story.

Astonishing Member

Spiderhead

It wasn't a good movie in any way, you have to suspend disbelief, but I enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member

Thor: Love and Thunder

It could be so much more, instead we got a childish comedy with some great effects.

Last Night in Soho. Good, but much darker than I expected.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Finished watching Terminal List. Ended up being pretty good, probably Pratt's best performance.

Just saw 'Bergman Island' and I rather disliked it. Storyline, characters, and dialogues were all cliché. Nothing of substance happens. For a moment near the beginning it seems like it might turn into a supernatural or psychological horror, but it doesn't. Tim Roth is only there for the paycheck. Vicky Krieps' character and performance are awful. Mia Wasikowska has brief flashes of brilliance with the poor material she has to work with, but she can't save this movie. Hampus Nordenson looks like he's thinking "what the hell did I sign up for" throughout his performance. My experience watching this was very similar to when I saw "Les choses qu'on dit, les choses qu'on fait' a year ago, which felt equally directionless to me.

Last week I saw 'Nudo Mixteco' and it didn't really vibe with me on a personal level, but that movie is a masterpiece compared to this . It had an original concept and some powerful performances.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Spectacular Member

movies i watched on Tubi this weekend

the old 1979 horror movie Nightwing
    Subspecies II

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thor Love and Thunder - Grade: B

It is a few steps down from Ragnarok. It is hammy in a few places and if the trend continues into a likely Thor 5 that film will be full blown parody and probably not worth watching theatrically.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Zero Tolerance (1994) starring Robert Patrick

A surprising good B-grade DTV action Flick from PM Entertainment

Spectacular Member

couple of movies Im watching this week and this coming weekend

Jurassic Park 2 Lost World
    rewatching the special extended edition dvds of the Lord of the Rings movies